Everything posted by msjball4
-
Bob Sphire Update
Chuck Allen who coached O-line at Catholic is down in Georgia
-
Top sophomores
Daniel Voglesang of Lexington Catholic. He plays TE and is 6'3 205. Very strong, physical player with good hands. Watch out for him in the future
-
East Jessamine-Lexington Catholic Predictions
I see no team the rest of the year punting or kicking it to Ben Revere. That would be a brutal mistake. There is not one kid on East that can run with Ben, Wes Caldwell, Winston Guy, Shane Israel. These can staight float.
-
Last Second Victory by Field Goal
Tripp Eckerline kicked a field goal for Lexington Catholic in the rain against Cov Cath in the playoffs to seal a victory
-
Harrison County vs. Lexington Catholic
What does Harrison have returning? I remember last year that LC needed a last second field goal to put them away.
-
All-around players
Ben Revere of Lex Cath against Scott Co. had 2 ints,99 yard kickoff return, and 2 recieving tds
-
Best RB in the state for 2006
I really like Shane Israel. He is a great kid with a tremendous work ethic. He was only a sophomore last year and became that 1000 yard rusher that LC seriously lacked, and he always showed up in the biggest , just ask X, Rockastle, Cov Cath, and Bowling Green
-
Lexington Catholic 67 Franklin Co. 53
I think the Salsman Psychos will be in full force for the Scott Co. game
-
The Best hitters in the 11th region?
That is a very easy question. Ben Revere hands down.
-
Lexington Catholic 64 Tates Creek 57
Sophs. Taylor Stewart and Nate Novosel had good games. I was especislly impressed with Taylor Stewart. I thought Patrick Workman didn't play well at all and was "d'ed" up all nihgt and was only consistent from the free throw line which kept Creek in the game. Anyway good win by LC. I think they will take the distrcit.
-
2006 KY Allstar Roster
Justin Burke is leaving 2 days after he graduates high school. He is focusing all his attention on N.C. State, and he wants to get an early start not only on the football but the academics as well.
-
Tates Creek vs. Lexington Catholic
I had heard that three of the top players from Tates Creek will not be playing due to dicsipline problems. Has anyone else heard anything on this?
-
2006 KY Allstar Roster
I don't see how Pete Nochta, a kid who has never played tight end is playing and not Sam Gardner
-
Most number of D-1A recruits from a single team
The 2001 Lexington Catholic team had 9 future D-1 players. Seniors Jake Carney and Ryan Postel-Notre Dame (Ryan quit football to run track.) Dane Holland and Klint Rose-Marshall. Juniors Jake Doss-Wyoming, John Logan-Kentucky, and Matt Beavin-Wofford. Freshman Tanner Doss-Air Force and Brandon Logan-Michigan
-
Lexington Catholic 70 Saint Henry 49
Reid Brown did tear his ACL from what I am hearing and is obviously out the rest of the season. That's a shame fora great kid. This obviously will hurt LC as well because he his the big man in the middle but Nate Novosel is more than qualified replacement, but the question is, do the knights have anyone to back him up?
-
Toughest/Weakest Regions
11th
-
11th Region 2006
Lexington Catholic returns in my mind the best player in this region and one of the best in the state in Ben Revere.
-
Who is gonna be the best in 3A next year?
A lot of kids that attend the Lexington School go to Sayre downtown, but the problem is that they don't have a football team.
-
Who is gonna be the best in 3A next year?
Some other people to look for in Lex Cath's defense are Chris Jansen a 300 lb. nose, Andres Rodriguez, a speed rush d-end, and Luke Schuler,a linebacker who was starting the first couple games this past year
-
LexCath 73 Mason County 53
Cornell Burbage will also not be at the games this weekend as he will be visiting Middle Tennessee State for football.
-
Who will be LexCath new OC??
I would have to say Coach Hobbs. He is the recievers coach, and was just named as the new o-coordinator for the Horseman
-
Will Justin Burke rethink..........
He will be at NC State next year.
-
How will Coach Letton do in his first year?
Coach Letton comes into his first year at Catholic only returning 5 starters total. He loses the qb,rb(not Shane Israel),wr,te,5 lineman,3 d-lineman,3 dbs,and 2 lbs. The five starters are Shane Israel, Jake Locknane, Ben Revere, Wes Caldwell, and Winston Guy.
-
Bill Letton will be the new LexCath football coach!
I love Coach Letton's quote on the news. He said that he will tweek the offense a little, and not try to be a cheap imitation of Bob Sphire. I'm sure Catholic will continue the success they have had with Coach Letton. I'm just reciting what everyone else has had, but you can't say it enough. He is a great coach and an even better person. Great choice by Catholic.
-
LexCath 77 LCA 61
The Knights have two good big men in Nate Novosel and Reid Brown. Brian Hewitt is a good scorer with very good range. I think the "X" factor for the Knights could be Zach Newton. The past couple weeks he has been playing very good. He has good handling skills, shoots with range, and can take the ball to the basket. I would keep my eye on this kid