Bill Letton will be the new LexCath football coach!

theguru

Congrats to Bill and best wishes to him and the Lex Cath program. He is a tremendous person, a man of great character and outstanding knowledge. He works hard and believes in the pyramid 1) Faith 2) Family 3) Education 4) Football 5) Social/ etc. Again, Best of luck Coach.......Congratulations.

A GREAT move! That is by far the easiest transition for the coaches and players. Coach Letton is a great man and I'm glad Lex Cath made a great move and didn't waste time doing it! Coach Letton had a great run while at Prestonsburg where he pulled off maybe the biggest upset in state history at Danville during their LONG run. He lost in the championship by 3 to Mayfield that year. He is a great man and I'm glad he's getting his shot there!

A GREAT move! That is by far the easiest transition for the coaches and players. Coach Letton is a great man and I'm glad Lex Cath made a great move and didn't waste time doing it! Coach Letton had a great run while at Prestonsburg where he pulled off maybe the biggest upset in state history at Danville during their LONG run. He lost in the championship by 3 to Mayfield that year. He is a great man and I'm glad he's getting his shot there!

:thumb:

Is this the guy who recently coached at Montgomery County?

His last year was the 2002 season at Montgomery.

Knowing Bill for just about my whole life, I am 100% sure that he will do a great job as the head man at LC. As mentioned in a previous post, he has his "ducks in a row" and he won't put up with anything that is detremental to his football team.

Congrats Coach Letton!

I know nothing about the new coach; however, I wonder if the debacle after Danny Haney leaving had anything to do with them staying in house.

I think it was a no brainer for Lex Cath. The coaches love him, the kids respect him and he is a great coach/person. He's already in the building so there won't be near the transition needed. Coach Sphire made sure the program was left in great hands and he couldn't have left it with a better person IMO.