Lexington Catholic 67 Franklin Co. 53

LexCath was led by 6-5 Soph Center Nathan Novosel with 22 points 15 rebounds, and 5 blocked shots. John Meyer and Cameron Conner led Franklin County with 15 and 12 points respectively.

Franklin County 18 13 8 14 -- 53

Lexington Cath. 13 19 17 18 -- 67

Nice comeback after a slow start for Catholic....

After observing Salsman the last four or five years, it's hard to find a coach who has his team more ready for March than he does.....

I think Catholic will make the 11th region championship game....

Nice comeback after a slow start for Catholic....

After observing Salsman the last four or five years, it's hard to find a coach who has his team more ready for March than he does.....

I think Catholic will make the 11th region championship game....

I don't think Billy Hicks is going to let that happen!

Scott Co. versus Lex Cath

Madison Central versus Woodford Co.

I believe these are the four district champs as well.

I'm hoping to be in Frankfort friday to see two really high intensity games. These teams all seem to be hitting on all cylinders right now.

I thought LexCath looked lethargic tonight especially early. FC was more intense and it showed when they were assessed the first seven fouls before Catholic had one. Don't think I've seen that before. Justin Burke gets my MVP award for the way he led the Knights on the defensive end and the boards. He's gone from being a role player to a team leader. I don't think we'll need to worry about intensity against Scott County. The team that plays hardest will win that one I think.

I thought LexCath looked lethargic tonight especially early. FC was more intense and it showed when they were assessed the first seven fouls before Catholic had one. Don't think I've seen that before. Justin Burke gets my MVP award for the way he led the Knights on the defensive end and the boards. He's gone from being a role player to a team leader. I don't think we'll need to worry about intensity against Scott County. The team that plays hardest will win that one I think.

How could you say Burke was the MVP? Without Novosel(22pts & 15 rebounds), Catholic loses to FC tonight.

How could you say Burke was the MVP? Without Novosel(22pts & 15 rebounds), Catholic loses to FC tonight.

I don't want to take anything away from Novosel, he played great in the second half. He always plays great so I overlook him sometimes. Burke was a steadying influence in the first half when Novosel and company couldn't seem to make a layup, and the whole team picked up their intensity afterwards. I don't think we would have won without Burke either. He does the little things like make the exceptional pass or get the tough rebound that seems to win games for you. Burke plays with a reckless abandon that a team like Catholic needs to win against the likes of Scott County.

I think Franklin County had it within 4 points with approximately 5 minutes to play. Novasel was the difference down the stretch with big offensive rebounds and put backs. The press was not the difference in the game as reported by the Herald Leader. K. Ammons did a nice job against the press. FCHS was without there starting point gaurd as he was out for the year due to disciplinary reasons. Much of the 15 point differential was mainly due to Franklin having to foul down the stretch, but again the biggest differential was the play of Novasel ( 22 points, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks).

Good luck to Lexington Catholic!!! I hope the LC fans lack of confidence to beat Scott Co. does not rub off on their players.

I wasn't aware of this lack of confidence. Is there a thread somewhere that I missed?

No thread. Only talk among many of the LC faithful that they can't win against Scott Co. without Reid Brown. Many of the LC faithful also believe that that the team has not been playing at their best lately.

Could be that they are playing to the level of their competition, but due theory suggests that a good game may be in the near future. Lets hope that LC gives Scott warm welcome to the 11th by sending them home for the season friday night at the Dudgeon Center.