Lexington Catholic 67 Franklin Co. 53

We heard Henry Clay was gonna "welcome" Billy Hicks and Scott Co. to the 11th region. I bet HC wishes Scott watn't in the 11th. I don't think any teams in the 11th are happy that Scott's in the region. Enough of this "welcome" talk--heck give Hicks and his team credit. They beat both HC and Brian Station by double figures in the district and on Henry Clay's floor. Plus they only have one senior. No Lex. public high schools left in the regional tournament. I'd say Scott Co. is doing just fine.

I think LexCath will play well against Scott County. I'm more concerned how they will do the next game if they should happen to win. As for losing Reid Brown, i thought LexCath was the best team in the region when he went down. There isn't a better interior player in the state that I've seen. Fortunately he went down early enough that the team has had time to reform again. I give Scott County the slightest edge in talent and LexCath an edge in coaching. The team that adjusts to the officiating first will have a big advantage. I think most Catholic fans like having Scoot County in the 11th region, I know I do, win or lose.

I think LexCath will play well against Scott County. I'm more concerned how they will do the next game if they should happen to win. As for losing Reid Brown, i thought LexCath was the best team in the region when he went down. There isn't a better interior player in the state that I've seen. Fortunately he went down early enough that the team has had time to reform again. I give Scott County the slightest edge in talent and LexCath an edge in coaching. The team that adjusts to the officiating first will have a big advantage. I think most Catholic fans like having Scoot County in the 11th region, I know I do, win or lose.

Wow. You Give LC the advantage in coaching. Hicks is the 10th winningest coach in the history of kentucky high school basketball.

Wow. You Give LC the advantage in coaching. Hicks is the 10th winningest coach in the history of kentucky high school basketball.

Hicks will most likely move up to the top five at the end of the season.

Backing up my comment about coaching is obviously not supportable considering coach Hicks long history. The cohesiveness coach Salsman has instilled in the LexCath team when very little was expected of them is the reason for my statement. Hicks has kept SC on top for years and has built one of the best programs in the state. I wouldn't trade coaches, however.

The cohesiveness coach Salsman has instilled in the LexCath team when very little was expected of them is the reason for my statement.

Isn't much of this due to the fact that Salsman is running the same offenses and defensive sets that Danny Haney used? The same things that the LexCath kids are taught starting in 5th and 6th grade.