Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Sphire Update

Featured Replies

Here is the newest GA Class AAAAA Football Poll:

 

1. Camden County (2-0)

2. Lowndes (2-0)

3. Stephenson (1-0)

4. Roswell (2-0)

5. North Gwinnett (2-0)

6. Norcross (2-0)

7. Marietta (2-0)

7. Tift County (2-0)

9. Brookwood (0-2)

10. Warner Robins (1-1)

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too shabby! He has put one heck of a staff together there! I read where some of the kids had trust issues because of the previous coaches all going on too college. I think they are starting to buy in and once he gets the guys in place in that system I have no doubt he will be successful!

I personally owe him a lot and I don't think the people around the state who don't know him as a person really know what a great guy he is! He did a lot for the passing game in this state and has represented KY at a lot of big places as a speaker. I know I saw him at Notre Dame and Cincy. He also spoke at places like Michigan. Great guy, great mind, great coach and an even better friend!

In a way, Bob is an ambassador for Kentucky football. By his being successful he is raising other people's awareness that Kentucky is not just a basketball state anymore. For him to go to GA and be successful is great for our state.

 

Congratulations to Bob and good luck the rest of the season.

Good luck to Coach Sphire. One of the best I ever went head to head with.

Good luck to Coach Sphire. One of the best I ever went head to head with.

Are you saying that you have coached against him or did you have a debate with Bob at one time. Truly a great coach!!!!!!

  • Author

I also just learned that Coach Sphire is being recognized by the Atlanta Touchdown Club as the Coach of the week in GA!

That's awsome news!

Are you saying that you have coached against him or did you have a debate with Bob at one time. Truly a great coach!!!!!!

Coached against him many times.

Here's the latest article

 

 

North Gwinnett rookie head coach Bob Sphire says he had no idea what kind of team he had entering the season.

 

He knows now. And the rest of Gwinnett County is finding out the hard way.

 

Decimated by graduation and a string of short-term coaches, North Gwinnett was thought to be in rebuilding mode. But two weeks into the season, the Bulldogs have knocked off Walton and on Friday night stunned last year's state finalist, Brookwood, 10-3.

 

 

http://www.ajc.com/highschool/content/sports/highschool/stories/2006/09/09/0909north.html

Coached against him many times.

Are you still coaching today at the High School Level or any other level?

Are you still coaching today at the High School Level or any other level?

 

Yea, he is still coaching and he likes to make a late night McDonalds run after the games with his wild bandit crew is what I have been told.:p

Are you still coaching today at the High School Level or any other level?

Still coaching at the high school level BGTC. :thumb:

Not too shabby! He has put one heck of a staff together there!

 

Coach Sphire and Coach Dixon both started their Head coaching careers at Knott County Central!

Not too shabby! He has put one heck of a staff together there!

 

Coach Sphire and Coach Dixon both started their Head coaching careers at Knott County Central!

 

 

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I believe Jay Cobb at Somerset also coached at KCC. Not a bad group.

He also took Coach Hobbs WR coach at Lex Cath and Coach Allen OL coach at Lex Cath. Those two were as good as I've been around at their respective positions! Great guys and great friends too!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.