Lexington Catholic 64 Tates Creek 57

The first three and a half quarters I was there, catholic and creek both played very sloppy. In the end I think that Catholic's superior conditioning won out, Creek seemed tired after the 1st quarter. Also TC could not buy and outside shot, in the first three quarters I think they hit one shot outside of ten feet. Good Job, and way to battle back from an early deficit to make it competitive Creek. Good Luck in the Next round, Knights.

Sophs. Taylor Stewart and Nate Novosel had good games. I was especislly impressed with Taylor Stewart. I thought Patrick Workman didn't play well at all and was "d'ed" up all nihgt and was only consistent from the free throw line which kept Creek in the game. Anyway good win by LC. I think they will take the distrcit.

^hehe- That is the way it should be in Lexington- I think that Creek and Cathoic have the two best fan bases in Lexington and this will be a great rivalry to look forward too. Yes, the crowd and the game was very intense-VERY INTENSE.

I was impressed by the Cathloic fans at a recent Scott County vs. Lexington Cathloic game. From what I heard this is what the new coach wanted. If im not mistaken I belive they call there self the Salsman Psychos, correct me if im wrong.

In the Lexington Herald artical I find it hard to believe that Tates Creek's coach was surprised by Stewart's offensive performance. In a county where people know how to read racing forms and study pedegrees before they place their bets at Keenland I'm at a total loss. Check the kid's pedegree. Isn't he the son of a Stewart that played for a Lexington Catholic team in the late 70's (I think 1977) that won an 11th region title. Combine the pedegree with the best middle school coaches in the state and the product you get is what you witnessed on the floor last night. Novasel is also a product of the Mendenhall LC Middle School Program. As I understand it Novasel had very few basketball skills when he started in 6th grade.

Other young players to watch in the future are Smart and Botkin.

Wake up public schools in Fayette County!!!! Develop your kids in middle school and you will have programs that others in the state envy.

It's about commitment hard work and getting everyone working towards a common goal. That is how you level the playing field.

It's not about the feeder alternative or the 20 mile radius.

And finally it's not rocket science. You do not have to reinvent the wheel. Look at what others are doing to be successful and do what they do!!!!!

In the interest of fairness, the public high school in Lexington do not have much of an opportunity to develop their players, outside of AAU competition. The local middle school system plays 10 games, the high schools do not get to choose the coaches for their feeder programs, and the high schools often have their best incoming players coming from several different schools. If Lexington Catholic did not have the option to combine their top incoming middle schools and play a middle school schedule, their varsity program would suffer. The high school coaches have nothing to do with the lack of a strong feeder system, unless they chose to do away with the middle school system and form feeder teams.

In the Lexington Herald artical I find it hard to believe that Tates Creek's coach was surprised by Stewart's offensive performance. In a county where people know how to read racing forms and study pedegrees before they place their bets at Keenland I'm at a total loss. Check the kid's pedegree. Isn't he the son of a Stewart that played for a Lexington Catholic team in the late 70's (I think 1977) that won an 11th region title. Combine the pedegree with the best middle school coaches in the state and the product you get is what you witnessed on the floor last night. Novasel is also a product of the Mendenhall LC Middle School Program. As I understand it Novasel had very few basketball skills when he started in 6th grade.

Other young players to watch in the future are Smart and Botkin.

Wake up public schools in Fayette County!!!! Develop your kids in middle school and you will have programs that others in the state envy.

It's about commitment hard work and getting everyone working towards a common goal. That is how you level the playing field.

It's not about the feeder alternative or the 20 mile radius.

And finally it's not rocket science. You do not have to reinvent the wheel. Look at what others are doing to be successful and do what they do!!!!!

It's not rocket science either to understand, that middle schools in Lexington feed into more than one high school, so who's system do you run? Tates Creek's? Dunbar's? Station's?You obviously didn't think of that when you made this factless post. Also last time I checked didn't Henry Clay and Lafayette have the most state titles in the history of Kentucky? Maybe you should wake up and realize nobody in Lexington envies Catholic's program especially ever since it's sole reason for statewide success left(Danny Haney), oh also I love the way Catholic developed their players in their middle school system, Like Demetrius Green, Derrick White, Nathan Popp, Shawun Parks,and the list goes on and on....So before you start exalting the praises of Catholic remember some of the key players that carried them to their LONE state title didn't come from their mendenhall feeder system it came from Leestown and Bryan Station and middle's finest. So I'll take the teams with more than one state title in lexington (Lafayette and Henry Clay) then a team with 1.

The 2000 team was a product of the feeder system and possibly Catholics best team ever. They lost to Antoine Barbour and company in the finals. Also Catholic was a very small school until they instituted the football program 15 years ago. Lafayette has a glorious history and seems to have excellent talent every year but only one championship 2001, since the 70's. Henry Clay had a championship in 83, were there others? In any case it's a little premature to be talking about the feeders at this point in the playoffs. Granted, they do provide a steady stream of talent which assures the continuing success of the program.