Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
Pendleton County Schedule
A tough schedule indeed, but one the CATS will benefit from!
-
Best Officials in your region/area?
I accidentally omitted Bart Lennox, he is very good, a professional in every aspect of the word. I also am a fan of Ken Catron, he works the floor, communictaes with the players and coaches, very good! Joe Thompson and John Chamberlain are as good as there EVER has been. Both men were and are CLASS acts on and off the court. Both are missed in the 10th/11th! I also agree about Jerry Thornsbury, he has always worked very hard at his craft and does a very good job. His son is an up-and-comer and has reffed some big games in his short career. He is being moved up the proverbial food-chain so to speak very quickly!
-
Best Officials in your region/area?
Terry Coldiron is very good at his craft!
-
Article on Vinny Zollo
Great article, great kid, great catch for UK and GRC!!!
-
Cats Pause 10th Region...
This is not an exact science to be sure, just peoples opinions. I know for certain that some of these teams, players, and coaches are NEVER seen by some of these writers!
-
Best Officials in your region/area?
With the tip of the basketball season nearing I thought it would be a great discussion on who some of the better officials in the state and each region are. These guys do a thankless job and NEVER get the respect they deserve, especially the really talented officials. In the 10th region you have to go with: John "J.T." Taylor, Clayton Brooks, Cary Lyle, Bo Queen, Eric Thornsbury, and Gary Wilson @ the top of the list!
-
BBA (10th and 11th Regions) assigning secretary Rick Chasteen resignes
Rick Chasteen like many posts on here has said, is very good at what he does. He is a tremendous asset for officials and schools that are served by the BBA! If he is indeed back as Assigning Secretary than that is absolutely great news!
-
10th Region Tourn
Mason County losing the boys regional would have NO-BEARING on them hosting the girls regional. The girls regional rotates from district to district and then the district teams vote on where the tourney will be held. Usually, Montgomery County, Mason County, Harrison County, and Campbell County are generally your hosts for their respective districts!
-
Henry Co 58 Pendleton Co. 0
Nothing against PC, but beating them 58-0 is no real defining moment! PC has struggled to get their football program going in the right direction!!!
-
Best Girls Coach
Ray Kues @ Silver Grove is ONE OF THE BEST COACHES in the state! As far as X's and O's and ability he is at the top of any list! He has amassed a ton of career wins and had a tremendous run @ Bishop Brossart! I commend him for his efforts at Silver Grove and trying to build that program! Coach Stowers, Coach Brooks, and Coach Fookes are all wonderful coaches. There will be many not mentioned!
-
Pendleton County 2008/09
They did not shoot the ball very well at all! I think I might start right there!!!
-
Teachers sending their kids to another school?
Well said wildcat38!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Euton and Jackson ruled eligible
All this arguing and for what? If I had a son who was a tremendous saxophone player in the band and wanted to transfer to a school where they had a GREAT band instructor and a great band, no one, not a single person would say a word about it! If he was an artist and loved to paint and wanted to go to school where they had a great art department, no one says a word! They both deserve to be eligible and they should be allowed to play, BOTTOM LINE!!!
-
2009 10th Region Boys Basketball Tournament
The interesting thing when people bring up Augusta, St. Patrick, Deming, Pendleton Co., & Bracken Co. is that they fail to realize that at least two or possibly three of those schools had to vote against the regional being held at The Fieldhouse when the region members voted on the tourney site last year. So whether the regional checks are bigger or not, it must not have played as big a role as believed b/c these schools that are geographically closer to Maysville had to go against that and vote for the regional to be held at Montgomery County!
-
2009 10th Region Boys Basketball Tournament
I am one that is glad to see it at different locations! I will drive to watch good HS basketball no matter where it is played. Mason County fans and supporters don't care about anything then having the regional played in their backyard! If they get that, everything else is gravy!
-
Bracken Co. Loyalty?
I wander about this hire, I really do! Seems this adminstration makes some odd choices. When they hired Molly Linville, it was a surprise to most and it was someone who had very little coaching experience. I am not talking head coaching experience, because all coaches have to ahve a start, I am talking any coaching experience! Seems they have went this route again! I am not quite sure what he did at WKU? Looking in their press guide I was told there was no mention of him! Has he ever coached anywhere? I am going on hear-say, so if someone can clear a few things up it would certainly help me out. I have been told that there are several upset folks over Brooksville way!
-
Bracken Co. Loyalty?
No need to bring Augusta & Deming into it! I don't understand why some on here feel it is necessary to pick on the little guy! Some programs play the hands they are dealt, I would think some on here would understand that!
-
Bracken County
They also played some games w/Scott HS, Lewis Co., and Mason Co. The girls and Coach Kelsch from I was told by some observers was that they responding well to one another. Heard from a parent they they have played quite a few games this summer. That will only help once the season starts!
-
Bracken Co. coach resigns.
I believe TJ was already teaching @ Bracken County before Coach Fite took the boys coaching position! Her started with the basketball program after Coach Fite arrived!
-
Bracken Co. coach resigns.
Coach Kelsch would not jump to the boys side, write that down! The nepotism law would be in full-effect if Jamey Johnson would want to go back home, don't see that happening either! I wander why some on here take the shot at the Bracken girls and them being young and not stepping up? It makes no sense, this is a boys board isn't it? If anyone could do both and it has been done in this state before, I would say Kelsch could!
-
Is there an open asst. coaching position at Mason County for 2008-09 season?
I'd be surprised that the assistant's position @ Mason paid more then the head position @ Bracken!
-
Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA
Regardless of what the dad said in the article, they still moved because of a job change! He chose Scott Co. and the kid should be able to play! Is there something to this, surely their is and we would all be stupid not to think that! I almost think that if the school wasn't Scott Co. we might not even have this thread b/c I doubt the kid would have been ruled ineligible! I have also heard the Commissioner DeVries is under fire somewhat! There have been a lot of QUESTIONABLE decisions made under her watch!
-
Whitaker resigns at Harrison Co.
A very good coach whose teams were always prepared, unbelievably prepared. I BIG loss for HC and their entire school!
-
Deming Head Coach , Who will it be
His son was coaching 6th grade boys at Bracken Middle!!
-
Deming Head Coach , Who will it be
I wander if Coach Doyle really chose to retire or was asked to retire? He did an outstanding job while he was there!