Pendleton County Schedule

Has anyone noticed the schedule Coach Simms has prepared for his young Wildcats. They will have to mature very quickly. Will this schedule benefit tha Cats in the near future?

Dec 2, 08 Campbell County home 7:30 PM

Dec 5, 08 Augusta home 7:30 PM

Dec 6, 08 George Rogers Clark home 2:30 PM

Dec 9, 08 Bishop Brossart away 7:30 PM

Dec 13, 08 Pleasure Ridge Park away

Dec 16, 08 Mason County home 7:30 PM

Dec 20, 08 TBA at North Laurel/South Laurel Hoopin' it Up Classic

Jan 2, 09 Bishop Brossart at Mason County 8:00 PM Pepsi-Mason County Invitational

Jan 6, 09 Bracken County away 7:30 PM

Jan 9, 09 Nicholas County away 7:30 PM

Jan 10, 09 Scott home 7:30 PM

Jan 16, 09 Conner away 7:30 PM

Jan 20, 09 Bourbon County home 7:30 PM

Jan 27, 09 St. Patrick away 7:30 PM

Jan 30, 09 Harrison County home 7:30 PM

Feb 3, 09 Deming away 7:30 PM

Feb 6, 09 Lewis County home 7:30 PM

Feb 10, 09 Grant County away 7:30 PM

Feb 12, 09 Montgomery County home 7:30 PM

Feb 14, 09 Henderson County at Harrison County Sweet Heart Classic

Feb 17, 09 Newport away 7:30 PM

Feb 20, 09 Covington Catholic away 7:30 PM

Boy, I agree they will be asked to grow up pretty quickly; as they first half of the schedule is pretty strong. Second half appears to not be very challenging however, with the possible exception of finsihing at CovCath?? Guessing they'll finish a bit over .500?

I'm really shocked to see CovCath on the Pendleton County schedule.

No disrespect to the Wildcats, but CovCath dropped us (Brossart) this year with the reason given to free up a spot for Cooper, a conference opponent who they were obligated to play.

Our guys were really disappointed when our schedule came out to see that the Colonels weren't included. What makes more sense, play a diocesan opponent keeping intact the NCC, Holy Cross, St. Henry, Brossart rivalry circuit or pick up an independent (PCo)???

I'm really scratching my head on this one. :irked:

I'm really shocked to see CovCath on the Pendleton County schedule.

No disrespect to the Wildcats, but CovCath dropped us (Brossart) this year with the reason given to free up a spot for Cooper, a conference opponent who they were obligated to play.

Our guys were really disappointed when our schedule came out to see that the Colonels weren't included. What makes more sense, play a diocesan opponent keeping intact the NCC, Holy Cross, St. Henry, Brossart rivalry circuit or pick up an independent (PCo)???

I'm really scratching my head on this one. :irked:

Maybe Cov Cath thinks they have a better chance of winning against Pendleton than you guys

Maybe Cov Cath thinks they have a better chance of winning against Pendleton than you guys
Perhaps it was a two-way street.

We are playing the play-in game this year in the 10th Region "A" Tournament, along with the Bracken Co Holiday Tournament, the MCIT, the 10th "A", and hopefully the "A" State, along with a commitment to the NKAC Division II.

Hopefully, the Mustangs and Colonels will be able to resume their rivalry sometime in the near future.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Now back to the pros and cons of the Pendleton County schedule.

Boy, I agree they will be asked to grow up pretty quickly; as they first half of the schedule is pretty strong. Second half appears to not be very challenging however, with the possible exception of finsihing at CovCath?? Guessing they'll finish a bit over .500?

You are really optimistic with that prediction.If PC is over 500 they will have had a good year with that schedule.:lol:

You are really optimistic with that prediction.If PC is over 500 they will have had a good year with that schedule.:lol:

Why? I'm looking at a 20 game schedule + tournaments, and I'd guess they would be favored in at least 9 (Augusta, Bracken, Nicholas, Bourbon, St. Pats, Harrison, Deming, Lewis, Grant), several that could go either way (Scott, Conner, Montgomery, Newport, Brossart twice), 4 where they'll be decided underdogs (Clark, PRP, Mason, CovCath), and the rest where they will be dogs but not overwhelming (Campbell, their draw @ S. Laurel, Henderson (don't anything about them)??

Why is a .500 season out of the question??

Why? I'm looking at a 20 game schedule + tournaments, and I'd guess they would be favored in at least 9 (Augusta, Bracken, Nicholas, Bourbon, St. Pats, Harrison, Deming, Lewis, Grant), several that could go either way (Scott, Conner, Montgomery, Newport, Brossart twice), 4 where they'll be decided underdogs (Clark, PRP, Mason, CovCath), and the rest where they will be dogs but not overwhelming (Campbell, their draw @ S. Laurel, Henderson (don't anything about them)??

Why is a .500 season out of the question??

I didn't say it was out of the question.I said they will have had a good year if they finish above 500 with that schedule.The teams you have them favored over,I think some of them they lost to last year.I hope they beat them all but I am trying to be realistic with my comments.:thumb:

Got tired of having their "Senior Night" spoiled maybe??

Maybe so but for PC it would be a big win going into the district tourney and proably give them a little momentum don't you think knocking off a NKY power house, smart move to scheldue this game for both teams.

I think its a great schedule and the players will only get better being exposed to good competition. You certainly dont want a bunch of cupcakes just so you can get to 15 wins.

I am disappointed to not see Highlands on the schedule as they almost always play one game with the Wildcats. Is that now coming to an end or will they get that going again in the future?

• 3 weeks later...