Whitaker resigns at Harrison Co.

Harrison County is now searching for a girl's basketball coach to replace Mac Whitaker who submittted his resignation earlier this week. Coach Whitaker led the Fillies to their only two Sweet Sixteen appearances during his tenure as head coach. Like him or not, the guy is a proven winner and will be tough to replace.

Harrison County is now searching for a girl's basketball coach to replace Mac Whitaker who submittted his resignation earlier this week. Coach Whitaker led the Fillies to their only two Sweet Sixteen appearances during his tenure as head coach. Like him or not, the guy is a proven winner and will be tough to replace.

I wonder who will be the top candidates for this job?

Mac's other daughter is an assistant at Austin Peay. She may want to get off of the road and come back home.

Actually she was just hired on the Missouri State Lady Bears staff. I don't see her leaving D1 basketball for Harrison County.

I would say within their system, Jeff Kinney, longtime assistant for Mac would receive consideration.

I would be very surprised to see Jeff come back and coach on the Hilltop.

What about former HC player and current assistant coach at Lexington Christian, Matt Marsh? Just a thought.

Rumor, might be that Ed Cravens from Campbell would be interested in the job. Since there are several Camel Connections there already.:dancingpa

I haven't heard his name mentioned, but someone from Campbell Co. is interested.:sssh: