Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AvidSportsJunkie856

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856

  1. I understand and appreciate your response.
  2. Unfortunately, you are probably going to continue to wait. I have no knowledge of the situation at all and am simply stating my opinion as CCH or the Diocese does themselves zero favors by commenting. They don't have to do so nor should anyone expect them to do so.
  3. Why is that the case? Genuinely curious why more big name hires didn't apply for this job.
  4. I agree with you. While the 2025 Jags will still be talented, they lose the majority of their fire power. I don't see Cooper being quite as talented this coming season as 2024 (I don't think that is a stretch when you look at the senior class graduating), but Coach Borchers and that staff will have those kids ready to play and should be one of the favorites to win their region again. They have a nice nucleus of talent.
  5. I don't think it has been released but I know the non-district schedule is a load! I believe Manual, Ryle, Highlands, and Anderson are all in there. Not sure of the others, but I think it may be Campbell County and CovCath possibly.
  6. Man, you hate to hear this! Prayers for Coach! Glad to hear he is stable and responsive but it also sounds like he had a long road ahead to recovery!!
  7. Would that person happen to be affiliated with Newport? ? To be honest, Newport just doesn't look very good to me. They look like an average basketball team. Maybe Rondon getting his legs back under him will help but I don't consider them a threat to win the 9th right now.
  8. I don't think we will ever know the full story....but I am more than ready to hear as close to the full story as possible and move on. I still think this young man is handling this the wrong way, but it does make you kind of wonder why the other side is as quiet as a church mouse. You would think, if they have nothing to hide, they'd make a statement and show "receipts" to shut this all down. Or am I totally off here with this thought process?
  9. No. I know it works. I am on it now. Thank you for your concern, though.
  10. Someone that can get through to this young man needs to step in and tell him that this is not the move. It is just my opinion, but he is making his father look a lot worse than he is making the "leaders" at CCH look.
  11. Are you able to bring any of these details to light and fill the rest of us in? Why was he fired? What is the correct and "full-true" information? I am dying to know, honestly, because I am lost ha ha.
  12. This is like watching a soap opera unfold. ? Personally, I think Nick is in the wrong, at this point in time. Everyone has mentioned that no one really has the whole story and it seems that he doesn't really have the whole story either. To blast people on social media without having the entire story doesn't sit well with me, not that it matters.
  13. I am impressed with Kentucky's 6 quad 1 wins so far. They should have 8 with those losses to Georgia and Ohio State, but a 6-3 record in Quad 1 is pretty good. It is also crazy that 10 of their remaining games are Quad 1 games and all but 1 are Quad 2 or better. The SEC is so talented this year.
  14. Love this post! Cal was exactly what Kentucky needed at the time, and he did nothing to receive the hate that I have seen all over social media. He did so much for the state and university and I have nothing but love for Cal. You hit the nail on the head with the only downfall he had while at UK, he stayed to long. Sometimes, I am saddened that I cheer for the same team as some of these "fans"
  15. Two things that have to happen if UK wants any chance of beating top tier teams: 1.) Defense has to improve. It was so bad! 2.) Robinson has to wake up. To me, he was touted as "the dude" for UK and he has not played that way for the most part. He has to be a bucket getter when shots aren't falling. His play so far has been less than inspiring.
  16. I am pretty sure Coach Floyd did not even apply for the job. I do not know that for certain, but from what I have heard he was not interested in the job.
  17. Newport will be better with Rondon, but they still look like the 3-6th best team in their own region this year. I think this shows you how good those players were that left.
  18. A little surprised by this one. Anyone with any background knowledge here?
  19. Couldn't agree more. College coaches now prefer a more grown, mature player through the transfer portal with college experience instead of a high school "project" in their eyes.
  20. This should be a pretty desirable job for someone. Will they continue to be in Trinity's district?
  21. I am with you, Ru. While I think it SHOULD be his decision, this seems like someone at the top wanting "their own people" to me. The weird part is that you usually hear about this type of stuff happening in college and the NFL, not high school.
  22. Yes. It is very public knowledge now that all of the Boone County schools are receiving either a field house installation or upgrades to the current fieldhouse in place. Conner High School's fieldhouse is currently under construction (and looks really cool) and then Ryle and Cooper (don't know the order) are supposed to follow. I am not sure what the plan is with Boone County because they just had some renovations and additions to their school within the last year or so.
  23. I would expect you to say that, but the rest of us logical thinkers on this topic can see Ryle has had way more success recently. Just look at the last 5 years. Ryle has won 4/5 and the one loss was by 3 points. But, back to the important part - he is about to have newer, upgraded facilities and has most of his roster returning from a state runner up team!
  24. I am pretty sure by the end of the season Coach Pence and staff were playing quite a few underclassmen, both prepping for the future and due to injuries. Obviously, being in a district with Beechwood is never an easy task but I definitely believe this Walton team will be significantly improved now that they will have an entire off-season with the new staff.
  25. Why would Engler want to leave? In my opinion, he gets more talent at Ryle compared to SK and they are about build or expand the current field house. Facilities are about to get a major upgrade.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.