Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
In that case, it seems like termination is warranted if he did not uphold his end of the plan. Now I guess the question is if the plan was warranted or not.
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
I was told yesterday evening that Coach Sullivan was placed on a "Corrective Action Plan" after last season. I am assuming this is some sort of like probationary period, but if anyone can enlighten me (and the rest of us) on what a Corrective Action Plan means exactly I would appreciate it.
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
The one thing I noticed....Coach Sully seems to be fighting this. That tells me one of two things, or could be both: 1.) coach is extremely upset and hurt by this and his initial reaction is to fight back. or 2.) Coach is very confident he has nothing to hide and wants this story to come out for all to hear. The reason I say that is because fighting this and getting attorneys involved is going to bring out details about his long 16-18 years he has been there (don't remember when the school opened).
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
Valid question. It will be interesting to see. I think the fact the he has built that program up from day one might make it a little harder to just let it go.
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
This has the potential to be a long, drawn out process. I'll be interested to see if Coach Sullivan fights this. From an outsiders perspective, he seems to have a legit argument.
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
I did hear rumblings about a freshman coach having to resign mid way through the season. Don't know if it is relevant or not but could be another stain if it was because of disciplinary reasons.
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
I don't know the exact reason why this is happening so I won't assume to know, but it really would surprise me if it has anything to do with the principal's son not making the team. I know in the past there has been some bad blood between coach and principal, but I think this mostly came from what occurred at last year's regional final game. A parent of one of the players threw an object on to the court toward the end of that game followed by a different parent trying to storm the court at the end of the game and getting into a small scuffle with the AD. On the surface that doesn't seem like a huge deal but when the two parties already had some previous bad blood and then that occurs it was just more "fuel for the fire". With all of that being said, I personally think Coach Sullivan is getting railroaded and mistreated in this situation. The guy can flat out coach and you can tell that his players would run through a brick wall for him. His players graduate, go to college/work, and win a bunch of basketball games!
-
9th Region Tournament
Almost got this one right on the money!! Nice call!
-
9th Region Tournament
Well, Cooper, as the #1 team in the region draws the toughest opening round game. I like their chances the way they are playing now. I agree with the above post that it is good to see Cooper and NDA on opposite sides of the bracket. If they both take care of business that will be one fun championship game!
-
2025 Cooper Jaguars
Saw on Facebook yesterday that they came in. Saw a post with a picture of the patch. Seems one parent just wants to continue stirring the pot.
-
2025 Scott Eagles
I do not know him, personally, but this is a big year for him. He was moving schools and got a late start last year and the overall talent just wasn't there. I am not sure on the talent, but with a whole off season now and going into the second year you would like to see some major improvement. Now, I am not saying that they will win 8 games, but a good start would be beating Boone and going to the playoffs this season and winning 3-4 out of district games should not be out of reach.
-
Boone County 68 Heritage 64 (33rd District First Round)
No disrespect intended to Boone, but I really wanted to see Heritage get a win last night. I don't know for sure, but I am guessing that they have never won a district basketball tournament game. Good to see them be competitive with Boone - hope they can continue to grow!
-
2025 Cooper Jaguars
It is definitely one parent, but I was surprised to hear this. Coach Borchers always pours money into those kids. Makes me wonder if it was just an oversight when ordering all of the other awards the players already received at the banquet, or if maybe they just haven't come in yet since they probably weren't ordered until after the game.
-
Scott Ruthsatz Denied Covington Catholic Hall of Fame
I agree. Early on I was critical of the way that he handled this, and still think he went about it the wrong way. However, he is apparently getting what he wanted which was to hear from or talk to the diocese. Hopefully, the sit down or whatever occurs gives some closure to the family.
-
Scott Ruthsatz Denied Covington Catholic Hall of Fame
I don't ever remember saying I was "entitled" enough to know. I simply stated it is unfortunate that we may never know. I think everyone would agree that getting a statement from CCH would be beneficial to this scenario and potentially help shed some light on the situation but I also realize they do not have to do so and are apparently choosing not to do so. Also, this is a public forum where we discuss things happening in the community. You replied to my comment and engaged in the conversation while also telling people to give it a rest. You are more than welcome to give it a rest by not replying to the thread any longer.
-
Scott Ruthsatz Denied Covington Catholic Hall of Fame
The thing that stinks about this whole situation is that we may NEVER know why this happened.
-
Scott Ruthsatz Denied Covington Catholic Hall of Fame
Between this and the Cooper "drama" I can't keep up. You would definitely think, though, that CCH would try and cut ties with Ruthsatz after all this and not have the banner with his picture on it.
-
Strong Storms possible this evening into Thursday (2/5-6/25)
Yeah, I knew we were still too far out to get a definitive forecast, but I was curious if you thought it would be a significant system. I am on board for one more nice snow. Give me one more from 3-6 inches and then bring on Spring!! ? Thanks for replying and I look forward to the post tonight!
-
2025 Cooper Jaguars
It is crazy when you think of how many talented players they are losing in that senior class. It is also kind of crazy to think that even after losing all of that talent, they still return 7 starters on offense and 5-6 starters on defense. One thing that will definitely help ease the blow of losing all of that WR talent is that their entire OL returns from this past season, I am pretty sure.
-
Rick Honaker named head coach at Gallatin County
I know Coach Honaker, the dude is passionate about the game and will pour his heart into that community and those kids! I think this is a really good hire by Gallatin! Congrats coach and good luck.
-
Scott Ruthsatz Denied Covington Catholic Hall of Fame
-
2025 Cooper Jaguars
Highly doubt it. From what I hear through the grapevine that family is happy where they are. The thing that I am wondering is if other prospective families that may have been thinking about moving into the Cooper area having second thoughts now that this has occurred.
-
Strong Storms possible this evening into Thursday (2/5-6/25)
Early indications are we are about to get some serious winter weather next week from Monday night - Wednesday night. I know it is still a few days out before anything definite is known, but weather channel is reporting a big time snow event in Northern Kentucky. Any details on that, yet?
-
2025 Conner Cougars
I think this is a good schedule for Conner. Interested to see how they look next year. Definitely some challenging games in there with Madison Central, Ryle, and Simon Kenton.
-
2025 Cooper Jaguars
It appears that Mr. Stanton has either restricted his videos or deleted many of the posts detailing this "incident". I wonder if he finally realized how terrible of a look this is or if he was advised to remove the posts/videos. In my opinion, Mr. Stanton needs to take a good long look in the mirror and he will see the reason his son no longer had a love for football. I also think that Mr. Stanton's anger is directed at the wrong people. You can tell by the amount of playing time, accolades, and being a team captain that this young man was not discriminated against like Mr. Stanton is claiming. His anger should be at the trainer that he donated all of that money too who kept filling his head that his son is a D1 athlete.