Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AvidSportsJunkie856

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856

  1. The AD doesn't make that decision, the principal does. I do agree, though, that he has to also sign off on it.
  2. I believe I saw that they are opening up the season against Conner in the Roy Kidd Bowl. I may need to double check that, but I am about 85% positive I saw that on Conner's schedule.
  3. And just like that.....the season ended and no one cared anymore about the Coach Sully drama...ha ha I am just kidding. I am a little shocked that we haven't heard of any type of follow up meeting. If I was the principal and I was going through with this I feel like I would want it done before spring break. The principal's timeline is iffy, at best! ?
  4. From what I have heard, the principal could give two hoots about athletics so that would tell me they definitely don't have anyone else in mind. My opinion, the job posts Friday before spring break, or even over spring break - with the interviews and hiring in the few weeks after spring break.
  5. I am not district personnel or anything like that, but I know he was told in the January meeting he could resign or not be retained. Nothing has changed with those plans. No amount of winning seemed like it was going to change the principal's mind. If anything, all of the public backing of Sully probably made him dig his heels in even more. In my opinion, if the principal backs down now, he has no authority moving forward.
  6. Great Crossing is a very talented basketball team, but I think Cooper is getting slighted a bit by the above posters. I will gladly admit it if Cooper gets blown out in this game, but Cooper can absolutely cause problems defensively. I think this game will be close going into crunch time. Cooper has to get more offensively. How they shot last night isn't going to cut it, that's for sure!
  7. Excited to keep an eye on this one. Hoping the train keeps rolling for the Jags!
  8. I am from NKY and do not know a lot about Henderson County. It sounds like they have a very solid team. However, I am riding with Cooper in this one for two reasons: 1.) "The Sully Effect" - Players are rallying around him and giving that extra everything they have for him. That matters in close games. 2.) Andy Johnson - Dude is special and that is all that needs to be said.
  9. Hard to build any type of consistency within your defense when it is changing every season! Hopefully this hire works out. I do not know this coach personally, but it seems to me like this may be a one year stepping stone until he gets another Head Coaching job. Not going to try and predict the future but it seems very possible they are looking for their 6th in 6 years.
  10. That is an interesting point and could be very possible.
  11. From what I have heard, the super supports the principal's decision. Coach Sullivan had a meeting with the superintendent and there has been no change in the status of his coaching employment. If the superintendent is supporting this decision, it tells me that there may be more to this than the general public knows about.
  12. This game, heck, the entire tournament hinges on Kentucky's health. If Butler is a go and can play at even 85-90%, I like Kentucky's chances of getting through the first weekend. If Butler goes down, then I don't know if this team can beat Troy. Everyone knows March is paramount on good guard play and "getting hot". I am hearing Butler is a go and hopefully he will be effective. Kentucky - 84 Troy - 71
  13. Pretty cool picture and probably a pretty awesome feeling for Sully and players last night. No spoiler alert here: I am sure this one was just a little sweeter for him! But, of course, he makes the moment about the players!
  14. At this point, I don't think it matters if Cooper wins state. It seems the principal has made his decision and no amount of winning, media coverage, or petitions will change his mind. Now, I am sure there are a lot of things that the general public didn't see that has led to this point. I am not saying that Sully should be let go, but it definitely seems like this goes beyond the wins and losses.
  15. I totally agree on all points here. It seems to me that this applicant is only trying to use their "celebrity" status as a way to get a job. Not sure how I would feel about that either. I also was curious about his coaching experience.
  16. Well, after a week off we have finally arrived at gameday. So, let's get the discussion going again. Has anyone's thoughts or opinions changed since we saw them in the semi-finals? I think this is going to be a great battle, but I have to lean towards Cooper for two reasons (and I mean no disrespect at all with these two points): 1.) Cooper has a better coach, in my opinion. Not a knock at all on Lloyd's coach because I think he has done a very good job, but I think Sully is the best in the region. 2.) 9th region player of the year Andy Johnson. This is his moment to step up and put this team on his back. X-Factor: #2 Brown for Cooper - if he can put some points on the board to help Johnson, then this team gets a lot harder to beat. Score Prediction: Cooper - 58 Lloyd - 51 Good luck to both teams tonight!
  17. At this point, I don't think it matters if Cooper wins state. It seems like the decision has been made by the principal and he is going to stick to it. Also, why would Sullivan even want to stay? They lose a lot off of this team, and you know you aren't wanted.
  18. No one has claimed any different that I have seen in this thread. Snapp is a very good coach, and he does have a tough gig at Newport, but that doesn't change the fact that he acts like a child at times on the sideline and his players feed off of it. The one thing that I do 100% agree with you on is that very few coaches could accomplish what he has. Not a lot of people have the patience, time, energy, and all that it takes to coach inner city young men/women. It is no secret that a lot of those students have a whole lot going on outside of school. I definitely tip my cap to him for that.
  19. I agree, I also think the timing of when a freshman is moved up matters. If the freshman is moved up at the beginning through the middle of the season it is totally the intention that the freshman is the best option at that position. Normally, the "let's get him in a varsity game so he will stay here" movement happens at the end of the freshman season and then the player is thrown in on one random special team play.
  20. Hopefully, the Cooper student section was better today compared to last nights regional final game for the girls. Cooper didn't even have a student section last night. It was kind of sad to see no one get behind the most dominant team in the region.
  21. This is a very good post!! Any job where you start going against your boss isn't going to end well for you. How Sully is being treated isn't necessarily fair but this is the result when you take a stand against your boss.
  22. I agree. Also, UK has slipped in some bracketology to the lowest 4 seed. They have to win this, and find a way to get one final quad 1 win Saturday so that way the SEC tournament won't really matter if they lose early. If they split again this week, they have to win one or two in the tourney or else they fall to a 5 seed, in my opinion. The dreaded 5 seed is just asking for an upset in the tourney.
  23. This seems to be the case in this situation from all we are gathering and hearing. It seems, however unfortunate, that Sully ended up on the principal's radar and not in a good way. I have heard from people in that building that the principal has his "posse" or group of people in his corner and if you aren't a part of that it is going to be a long year for you at Cooper. The more I read, see, and hear it sounds like there could be some issues at the top, and maybe that is where people should be looking instead of the basketball coach.
  24. And there has to be some truth to the CAP as Sully went after the Conner job last year as mentioned before. They had a great season, with a lot returning, and he tried to get out. I believe the girls coach also interviewed for that job. Not insinuating anything at all, but why would both coaches want to get out after both of them having great seasons? Definitely seems like the administration there may not be the most supportive of their coaches.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.