Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856
-
5A RPI Rankings - 2025
Based off of just the higher seeds winning: 2nd Round: Cooper would host Scott County Woodford would host Dixie
-
Conner 52 Scott 21
Last district game for both teams. I don't think Scott can make the playoffs even with a win and Conner is trying to lock up the #3 seed and a trip to Georgetown to face Scott County in the first round. Who wins this one?
-
Woodford County 57 Scott County 50
Maybe these old eyes aren't quite as bad after all ? I totally agree, though. You've got to execute that 2 minute drill situation way better; Especially when you are such an experienced, veteran coach.
-
RPI Question
Thank you. I don't know if this needed its own thread as it was a simple question with a simple answer!- seems like that is one of many flaws in the RPI system.
-
RPI Question
I was looking at the RPI system (yes I know it is kind of terrible) and had a question as I was looking at some different team's current RPI ratings. If a team from a lower class (we will use 5A) were to play against the worst 6A team and beat them - would that give them more RPI points than playing and beating one of the best 5A teams in their own class?
-
Woodford County 57 Scott County 50
It looked like to me the entire left side false started - however, I was half asleep and without my glasses on. I thought they moved early.
-
Woodford County 57 Scott County 50
Terrible time management, yes. However, how is there not a flag thrown in the final play! It was clearly a false start, or offsides. Congrats to Woodford County for pretty much locking up that #1 seed in the district. They get to avoid a trip to Cooper in round 2.
-
Newport 6 Bellevue 0
Anyone have an update on this one?
-
Greenwood at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
This is kind of surprising.....isn't it?
-
Woodford County 57 Scott County 50
I will definitely be tuning into this one. Excited to watch two potential state final caliber teams that play an extremely different style of ball. Should be a fun one. I am going to say, based off of limited knowledge of both teams, that Woodford pulls this one out by one score. I am thinking somewhere in the 35-28 or 35-31 type of a game.
-
Boone County 36 Scott 28 (OT)
I am going to give the nod to Scott. I think they have a little bit more offensively.
-
Conner at Dixie Predictions/Updates 10/9
Conner does have a backup kicker that can knock them through if he is given time. The big question is if the kicker will have time, as last week Boone made kicking extra points an almost impossible task for Conner.
-
Cooper 42 Dixie 13
Congrats to Cooper on the win and winning the district. (I realize they have to win one more but they are playing Scott and Boone to finish it out, no disrespect to either of those schools) Really interested for to see the Dixie/Conner game next week in what should be the battle for 2nd place in the district. That seems like a toss up game to me.
-
Cooper at Dixie Predictions/Updates
Agreed. I don't put a lot of stock in Dixie's huge win over Scott. They took care of business but Cooper is too good! Cooper by at least 24.
-
Bardstown at Mercer County Predictions/Updates
That is awesome! Bardstown is independent, correct? Sorry for all of the questions. Just a good ole 4 day Fall break up North here - and that is counting Saturday and Sunday ?
-
Pirates at Reds (9/23 - 9/25)
I don't understand why you don't put more pressure on that catcher. I don't understand why McLain is stepping to the plate in the 9th. It is going to take an absolute miracle to win tonight with who is on the hill. The Reds NEEDED that one last night. Tonight becomes a must win with Skenes on the bump. Ouch!
-
Pirates at Reds (9/23 - 9/25)
Agreed. Put whatever lineup that has produced the best, or the lineup most consistent with this 5 game winning streak and Tito needs to make the right decisions at the right time. If they lose it on the field, then its on them. Don't let it be on you, as the manager. With all that said.......let's go Redlegs!!
-
Bardstown at Mercer County Predictions/Updates
Does Bardstown get a full week off for fall break? If so, that is nice!!
-
Raceland 56 Newport Central Catholic 27
I am intrigued. Care to elaborate for those of us that were not in attendance.
-
Woodford County vs. Heritage (FL) Predictions/Updates
Is this game being played tonight or tomorrow? And did the team just fly out yesterday evening? I feel like I would have wanted at least one day in between the flight and the game.
-
Simon Kenton at Conner Predictions/Updates
I think this will be a close ball game. The biggest thing for Conner is starting the game strong. All four of their games have started off horribly for them in the first 3 minutes of the game which puts them in a bad spot. Even last week, when they beat NCC, they botched the opening kickoff and NCC recovered. If they can clean up their mistakes and start strong, I could see this one close all the way through. If Conner gives up big plays, commits momentum killing turnovers/big plays, then it could be a long night. The one thing that will hurt Conner tonight is the weather. Their numbers are down, and they have a couple of injuries, so a lot of players going both ways.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 9/15
Crazy how there is not one clear favorite in this class. I feel like #1-7, when completely healthy, are all capable of winning!
-
Beechwood 48 Dixie 7
Good news for Dixie. Outside of Cooper, the district is wide open for a home playoff game!
-
Lloyd 40 Conner 27
Congrats to Lloyd on the win. They have a solid team this year! if Conner can play with more discipline and continue to improve on both sides of the ball week to week I think they still have an opportunity to finish runner up in their district and host a playoff game. Now, they would more than likely lose there first round playoff game because they just don't quite have enough "dudes" to compete but not having to travel in round one is always beneficial.
-
Cooper 20 Ryle 13
I think there are a few members on here that should be giving you your shine. You called this one.