Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AvidSportsJunkie856

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856

  1. Very much so. Definitely could be many different things going on and to consider for those candidates. I was just saying that is a tough break for all 3 of your top 3 to decline the offer.
  2. This might be a dumb question, but did the first three interview for the job, were offered, and then declined? That is some bad luck for SW.
  3. Don't feel good about this one, at all! I think Tennessee may win by double digits.
  4. She is so darn talented. And to watch her growth from an 8th grader to now has been awesome to follow.
  5. I can verify that the weight room has been open since the beginning of December. During that month it was voluntary and weights began the day that school was back in session on 1/5. Coach Floyd has spear-headed running weights and the other assistants still on staff have been active in attending as well. Pretty good numbers, from what I hear, and there are plenty of capable coaches still on staff to ensure that the new weight room is getting put to good use.
  6. I'm being a little lazy asking this question as I am sure I could go look it up, but is Verax a senior this season? I would expect Ryle to take a slight step back next season with the extremely talented class of seniors that they are losing. I do know that Ryle has had a lot of success at the lower levels so I am sure they will still be the favorite to win their district. What are they losing on both sides of the ball from this years talented team.
  7. Awful, awful news about Frank's health. He and his family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've checked that scoreboard. Amazing work!
  8. Just curious, but is Savage from Ryle currently on campus and with Indiana? Did he get to go to the game with the team last night? And if so, will he get a national championship ring if they win it all? That would be a neat way to start off your college career! ?
  9. Someone possibly let it slip. Or, he was seen on campus more than once. Administration and those involved don't have to keep him away from campus if he is considered a "volunteer" coach at this time. (I am not saying that is the case in this instance, just saying it is a possible loophole around not naming a coach and still letting him be invovled) At the end of the day, the rule of February 1st is kind of silly, in my opinion, and no other district follows it. I am simply stating the current administration is not the reason that Scott has struggled with their football program. I happen to know that principal and can tell you that he is all about athletics, building Scott up into one of the best high schools in the area, and is all about the kids. So I am going to question anyone who tries to talk negatively about him, especially with him only being there for the last 17ish months.
  10. From my understanding, you are not allowed to even name a coach until February 1st. So, a press release with an intent to name would not be allowed either. Seeing as how Boone and Kenton seem to be the only counties in the entire state that are actually abiding by this, the issue should be with the board, not the administration.
  11. I pose the same question to you as I did the poster after you. What is the administration at Scott supposed to do when they are told by the district that they cannot name a head coach until February 1st? I actually think that this seems pretty proactive that they are trying to get weights going while they wait until they can officially hire their new head coach.
  12. Interested for you to expand on this, if you don't mind. The current principal has been there for a year and a half, so I am not sure why he is catching strays, unless you are referring to the district. The Kenton County Board has told the "top" that they can't make a hire until February 1st so I am not real sure what you would want the administration to do?
  13. Agreed. I feel bad for the Gallatin County program as they now have to hire another coach after one year. I am sure it was hard for Coach Honaker to leave but you can't blame him for it. I am sure it is a pay raise, bigger school, better facilities, and a chance to go home! Campbell County made a great choice here. Good luck to the Camels moving forward.
  14. Definitely has put in his time. The thing I like about him is he is an even better person and his players really like him!
  15. I can answer these. Coach Floyd very much wants this job and has not been shy in telling people that. I know him and speak to him sometimes at the gym and he told me as much. As for the second question, he was undergoing treatment for cancer during the time of Coach T's passing and still wanted to be named the interim coach. I don't know if it was even considered, but I do know that he was not given the job then because of his current health status at that time. I totally understand that part, as he had a pretty bad case and had to undergo numerous rounds of chemo and a surgery to remove a mass from his chest. He has since been given a clean bill of health, cancer free, and really wants the job. Now, I do not know if the administration ever seriously even considered giving it to Coach Floyd at that time, but it is understandable that they went the interim route with his medical status as it was then. If he doesn't get the job now, it is simply because the administration decided to go with someone else.
  16. I realize that this is just what you've been told but it screams that this administration does not take loyalty and prior commitment to the team/school as a very important trait in their hiring process. It also tells me that they don't put too much stock into what Coach T was hoping would happen when he decided to retire before his tragic passing, which was for Coach Floyd to take the reigns.
  17. He has definitely put in the time, energy, and effort. If he gets the job, he has to surround himself with some quality assistants since it would be his first head coaching job. That is the only thing that I think hurts him in this case. He will be coming into the game late and I am guessing some really good coaches have already made a decision to join another staff or return to the school they were previously at. I just wish they would have started this process over the break instead of after.
  18. Job has officially been posted. Have not heard how many applicants or names of any, yet. I do believe that Boone County is actually applying the KDE rule where they are not hiring anyone until February 1st - which makes absolutely no sense to me. I realize it is only a few weeks but it definitely puts the new coach behind the 8 ball a little bit in finding assistants as all of the previously hired coaches and returning coaches can bring in people now, while Conner's new coach will have to wait until after February 1st for those discussions.
  19. I think Ole Miss is on a mission here and wanting to prove that they "don't need Kiffin" and this whole thing is giving these young men an extra layer of motivation. Miami's defense is nasty, but something about this Ole Miss situation makes me feel like they are playing with a little added motivation. I think Miami should win, but I am going with Ole Miss. Something like 24-21.
  20. This is not an easy job, but the one thing I do know, is in my few interactions with Coach Trimnell, he is organized, detail oriented, and will put forth the effort and enthusiasm needed to try and build Scott back up into a competitive product. I think this is a really good hire for Scott and he will work his tail end off to build that program up.
  21. They had a really talented team a few seasons ago and lost to Cooper in the regional finals. I remember that team being senior heavy. Have they had a few down years as far as the classes behind that group of seniors? Or are they losing kids to the other two schools nearby? I also think I remember a thread that we had on BGP that stated they were on their 4th Defensive Coordinator in 4 years or something like that. I am sure that didn't help things either.
  22. This has been a very quiet coaching search. I have not heard any updates at all on this open position.
  23. I know we will never know, but I would venture to say that the result of this game would have been VERY similar if Sully was still on the sidelines.
  24. Any chance that 2-4" shifts more to the North? ?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.