Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856
-
Cooper 20 Ryle 13
I said it in the update thread: Ryle deserved this with all the stuff they were doing leading up to tonight. "Little brother" made a statement tonight. Congrats to Cooper.
-
Wisconsin 17 Miami (OH) 0
Agreed. While I realize the competition is more challenging, he recruited very well at UC and has way more resources at Wisconsin to work with. I really thought this would be a great fit for both sides. Hope they have a really good season. I am a big fan of Coach Fick.
-
Wisconsin 17 Miami (OH) 0
I didn't get to watch the game but this seems like a very uninspiring performance for Wisconsin. I am starting to wonder how Coach Fickell had so much success at UC but seems to be underperforming at Wisconsin. Can someone that has followed this closer than I have fill me in on the issues?
-
Two police officers shot in Walton, KY
Thanks for letting me know. He was not one that I knew - not that it matters. Very tragic situation and I hope that he recovers quickly.
-
Two police officers shot in Walton, KY
I know a good number of the sheriff's deputies in Boone County as well. I have been eagerly waiting for their names to be released. Praying for all involved and both of those officers as well as their family members. Hoping for a speedy recovery and thrilled to hear that both should recover!
-
Toledo at Kentucky Predictions/Updates
I think the Cats come flying out of the gate on this one. I have seen this picked as a potential "upset" game but I am not buying it. Kentucky - 35 Toledo - 14
-
Nebraska 20 Cincinnati 17
I think the Bearcats needed this one. I see them going 6-6, 7-5 at best. Had they won this game, I could have been convinced that 8-4 was a possibility. I am still not sold on Satterfield as a head coach.
-
Lloyd Memorial at Newport Predictions/Updates
Not putting too much stock into Week 1, but you have to be impressed by what you saw from Lloyd. I am goinf with the Juggs in this one by 2 scores.
-
14 year old arrested for shooting near Mayfield football game
Watching that video is sad. I am glad to hear that the victim is in stable condition. The fear and panic you see as you watch everyone scatter for cover is absolutely heartbreaking. What should have been a fun Friday night at the game turns into an event that these people will remember for a very long time.
-
Campbell County 58 Scott 40
Doesn't sound like a ton of defense was played in this game. This score surprises me a little bit. Has Scott taken some HUGE strides forward this season or is Campbell County down? Or is it a little bit of both? Either way....Congrats to Campbell County on starting your season 1-0!
-
2025 Great Crossing Warhawks
Is this the talented RB?
-
Conner at Madison Central Predictions/Updates
It all comes down to Conner's ability to play disciplined, assignment defense. I am going to go out on a limb and say the Cougars go to Richmond and get the win with the extra motivation of honoring Coach Trosper! Conner - 28 Madison Central - 21
-
Conner football coach Dave Trosper has passed away
Friday 6/13: Visitation from 10 AM - 2 PM. Service will follow directly after that. All taking place at Conner High School on the field is what I've been told.
-
Open Job: Grant County
I don't think that has anything to do with the district support as it does the talented athletes. Look at how far behind the facilities are in Boone County as compared to other districts. Boone County forces the schools to pay for transportation on busses.
-
Open Job: Grant County
I feel confident in saying none of the 4 Boone County schools offer this. It is a tragedy how little the district in Boone County cares about athletics.
-
Open Job: Cooper
I would expect this one to get posted, but that is solely my opinion. I don't know if there is anyone on the current staff with any type of head coaching experience at the varsity level, and this is one of the top 10 girls jobs in the state right now. Should draw some high level applicants if they choose to go that route.
-
Cooper hires Justin Holthaus
Yes. Cooper girls do not win 4 straight regional championships without Coach Holthaus. Talent wins but building a program to win consistently takes good coaching.
-
Kentucky Wildcats 2025-2026
I am no expert, but I have researched some of the incoming players just to get an idea on them. The one thing I can say, is Mark Pope definitely went out and got the guys he wanted to play in "his system". Bigs that can stretch the floor, a bunch of shooters, and some dudes that should be able to DRASTICALLY improve the defense that we saw a year ago. One of the things I like about this team is that you can play any of the 1-12 guys and not seem to drop in the level of talent. Now, they still have to come together and gel and figure out how they all work together, but individually, you have to like what Pope and staff have put together.
-
Open Job: Paul Laurence Dunbar
I have read some of the comments on this post, but I am still going to ask the question: is this a desirable job in Lexington? What are the facilities like? Do they have talent walking the halls, or have they all jumped ship to other schools?
-
Open Job: Cooper
If there isn't much noise about the job, that leads me to believe they are simply waiting on a decision from Coach Holthaus (the girls basketball coach). That is total speculation on my part, but it would make sense as to why the position hasn't been posted.
-
St. Henry names Tim Sullivan head basketball coach
If they did, then that is a pretty smart move by Sully. I am sure he is making a little less to be the head basketball coach at St. Henry as compared to Cooper. The fact that Kenton County pays more than Boone County probably helps him to not really lose any money with the change in coaching positions. Plus, his wife is at Scott also, correct? Would sure make the commute to work that much easier.
-
Deion = Disaster?
Is there any chance, if Mike Norvell doesn't get it done this year at FSU, that the Seminoles take a shot at bringing Deion into town? He has done some good things at Colorado.
-
St. Henry names Tim Sullivan head basketball coach
I don't know if the rumor is true or not and don't know anyone else enough to reach out and confirm ? But, there is a teacher shortage currently. If he wants another job, he is going to find another job.
-
West 37 East 0 (2025 NKY East/West All Star Game)
I look forward to this event every year! To me, it is like the official kick off of the new football season. I realize dead period still takes place right after this, but it almost feels like this game signals the closeness of the new season to me. Plus, it is always nice to get to see these young men that poured so much into their high school football careers get to strap it up for "their school" one last time.
-
St. Henry names Tim Sullivan head basketball coach
I don't know if it is simply rumors at this point, but I was told Coach Sully will not be returning to Cooper in any capacity next year. If this is true, it is a smart move in my opinion. He can find a job anywhere that doesn't interrupt his retirement and he doesn't have to work somewhere that his boss doesn't like him.