Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd Memorial at Newport Predictions/Updates

Lloyd at Newport Predictions/Updates 40 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win Friday night?

    • Lloyd
      85%
      34
    • Newport
      15%
      6

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Lloyd travels to Newport Friday night to take on the Wildcats. Both teams had impressive wins in week one. Who will improve to 2-0?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 46-0 Juggs to start the 4th. I’m out GO JUGGS 

  • Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

    On those kick returns for TD's Lloyd's returners #12 Alijah Griffin and #4 Marjay Peterson showed they had some high class speed!!! Both were very impressive. Speed like them 2 have is a different typ

  • cincyswords
    cincyswords

    If Newport wins which I have no idea yet what will happen, but they can flip the script in Class A.

Posted Images

If Newport wins which I have no idea yet what will happen, but they can flip the script in Class A.

Really kind of hard to judge this one! Both had big wins by numbers. The difference is Lloyd put a running clock on Newport Central Catholic. Newport Beat Ludlow. So the question is did Newport get that much better from last year and did Newport Central Catholic get that much worse from last year? I’m still taking the Juggs by 3 scores. 

9 hours ago, cincyswords said:

If Newport wins which I have no idea yet what will happen, but they can flip the script in Class A.

I agree 100%. That’s a big if at this point but if they beat Lloyd, whether it’s convincingly or not, they will start gaining more attention. 

Not putting too much stock into Week 1, but you have to be impressed by what you saw from Lloyd. I am goinf with the Juggs in this one by 2 scores.

Just to put some context to the Juggs win. They would've won anyway but NewCath gave up wto kickoff returns for TDs, one was a squib kick. Also a safety, the center had issues getting the ball back to the QB all night. I'm still taking the Juggs in this one. If the Cats win that will certainly put 1A on notice.

11 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Just to put some context to the Juggs win. They would've won anyway but NewCath gave up wto kickoff returns for TDs, one was a squib kick. Also a safety, the center had issues getting the ball back to the QB all night. I'm still taking the Juggs in this one. If the Cats win that will certainly put 1A on notice.

On those kick returns for TD's Lloyd's returners #12 Alijah Griffin and #4 Marjay Peterson showed they had some high class speed!!! Both were very impressive. Speed like them 2 have is a different type. I know now NCC may not be the fastest but on film it looked like NCC was moving in slow motion while those 2 Lloyd kids were in fast forward. On Griffin's he got a key block on the first NCC kid down field and it was off to the races down the sideline. On the squib that went for about a 70 yard TD all you can see was NCC kids reaching and diving and the Peterson kid leaving everyone in the rear view mirror, NCC may have got a finger tip on his cleat. Just like the last few years with Sebastian back deep it will be dangerous for teams to kick off deep to Lloyd. Each of their opponents will really have to think that one through. I need some time to make a prediction on this one because Newport has some athletes and speed too I'm not going to just dismiss them. Just like most football games this one should come down to whose stronger in the trenches also.

4 hours ago, PanthersProwling said:

The Saturday 10 A.M. is the JV start time.

That makes perfect sense.  However, 859 has it listed this way:

859itv.jpg

I know I said Lloyd would lose last week 31-6 but let's forget about all that, they got the message....and their special teams were on point. Lloyds kickoff team has some headhunters I will give them that too. Lloyd did give up 14 points to a NCC offense that quite frankly shouldn't have made it past half court the way they were dribbling the ball around. I noticed on film a direct result of that 14 points was Lloyd's middle linebacker #7 either got tired or lazy as the game went on and his game changed. He stopped finishing plays and it gave NCC a chance to breathe. Great players don't do that and the kid has some potential. You can't get away with that versus quality teams. I don't know if he just didn't have the motor to sustain a full game or he is missing that alpha instinct but Newports playmakers are going to be alot more challenging than what he went against last week. Good thing for Lloyd #21 does finish and cleans up alot. Sharp, Buck-Barber, and Jackson for Newport will make would be tacklers miss. They will make defenders who are not focused pay. They are good in tight spaces and in the open field. They will capitalize on some plays NCC wasn't able to. Their going to test Lloyd's secondary a few times who did have some sketchy openings last week. Newports special teams scare me here though. I could see Lloyd blocking a punt and starting a lot of drives near Newports side of the field. Newport won't kick it deep. If they go speed for speed, I take Lloyd. If they go pound for pound, I take Lloyd. Lloyd can do what they want here on offense, air it out or pound it. Tomlinson may rush for over 100 yards with 10+ tackles. I would like to see Evans really get the chance to show off the arsenal of weapons he has to work with. He got to cook a little bit last week but his arm deserves alot more volume. Curious if Lloyds speed burners look as fast against Newport. Lloyd 42-21.

  • Author
12 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

I know I said Lloyd would lose last week 31-6 but let's forget about all that, they got the message....and their special teams were on point. Lloyds kickoff team has some headhunters I will give them that too. Lloyd did give up 14 points to a NCC offense that quite frankly shouldn't have made it past half court the way they were dribbling the ball around. I noticed on film a direct result of that 14 points was Lloyd's middle linebacker #7 either got tired or lazy as the game went on and his game changed. He stopped finishing plays and it gave NCC a chance to breathe. Great players don't do that and the kid has some potential. You can't get away with that versus quality teams. I don't know if he just didn't have the motor to sustain a full game or he is missing that alpha instinct but Newports playmakers are going to be alot more challenging than what he went against last week. Good thing for Lloyd #21 does finish and cleans up alot. Sharp, Buck-Barber, and Jackson for Newport will make would be tacklers miss. They will make defenders who are not focused pay. They are good in tight spaces and in the open field. They will capitalize on some plays NCC wasn't able to. Their going to test Lloyd's secondary a few times who did have some sketchy openings last week. Newports special teams scare me here though. I could see Lloyd blocking a punt and starting a lot of drives near Newports side of the field. Newport won't kick it deep. If they go speed for speed, I take Lloyd. If they go pound for pound, I take Lloyd. Lloyd can do what they want here on offense, air it out or pound it. Tomlinson may rush for over 100 yards with 10+ tackles. I would like to see Evans really get the chance to show off the arsenal of weapons he has to work with. He got to cook a little bit last week but his arm deserves alot more volume. Curious if Lloyds speed burners look as fast against Newport. Lloyd 42-21.

Newport will probably kick deep. They did last week against Ludlow and they have a pretty good kicker. He has the potential to kick it to the end zone on most kickoffs. I think Newport's defense will surprise people, they are well coached and physical. Lloyd is a good team and I agree they will be tested more tonight then they were with NCC. I think it will be a better match up than people expect. Should be a good game in my mind!

Newport QB went 1-7 with an INT against a young Ludlow team. It looks like there is one question in this game. Can Newport run the ball against Lloyd? 

Yes, Newport can control the clock enough to be competitive.

No, Lloyd gets another lopsided win.

2 hours ago, PanthersProwling said:

Newporr will probably kick deep. They did last week against Ludlow and they have a pretty good kicker. He has the potential to kick it to the end zone on most kickoffs.

Unless it hits the end zone (automatic touchback, correct?) or kick a straight onside kick then they are playing with fire. What happens when you play with fire? You get burnt. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.