Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rjal

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rjal

  1. I thought I read that Leah was injured and out until Jan. Ankle I believe. HC couldn't stop her last year when they played her.
  2. This is going to be a tough week for sure especially since it is midterm week for the girls so they will be traveling back and forth. Injuries sure took their toll this year losing two of the top 8. Hopefully Williams will make it back at some point but we shall see. The other injury was a season ender, so at best they will be playing with seven.
  3. I would say out of good sportsmanship or to let your younger players get playing time. If I was a parent of a sub who didn't play in a 94-9 game I would be upset. There is no reason to humiliate high schoolers. My daughter's first varsity points came in a game where they were blowing out a team and the JV kids got some minutes in the fourth quarter. That seems to be standard operating procedure for most teams regardless of whether the other team has their starters in or not.
  4. There were some nice games. SHA vs Example Academy went down to the wire. In the first half there was some pushing between Johnson from SHA and an Example player resulting in a technical foul on each. It was fun to watch high level high school bball. SHA pulled out the victory by one. Holy Cross played Winton Woods. WW was big and strong and went maybe ten deep which was needed because there were a lot of fouls called both ways. It was a physical game. The Indians came out in a tight press pressure defense and forced a ton of turnovers having a 20 point lead at one point in the first half. But had three players with 2 fouls by the end of the first quarter. Since they were only going 6 deep they had to start being careful. WW cut the lead to 13 at the half. The third quarter was all WW and by the fourth quarter they had taken a five point lead. Nelson and Hunt from HC fouled out. Two players from WW fouled out. HC almost came back but ended up losing by 2. If I had to guess there were in the neighborhood of 60 fouls called between the two teams. It was physical but I would have let them play a little more. Fouls and running out of gas got the Indians but they played tough and were shooting much better than last night at Ryle.
  5. Foul trouble could be a problem for HC. They are not very deep and there is a fall off particularly with ball handlers. They are going to have to rely on their defense and hope to keep Wimzie and Hunt out of foul trouble.
  6. Yeah I thought through that wrong. I was overall ranking not ACC rank
  7. Louisville's problem is if they take FSU out of it FSU gets the Orange Bowl correct? Then UL would get the Pop Tart Bowl. But a win over FSU and ACC championship would be worth more than any bowl game that is not the playoffs I would think.
  8. The Indians started the game down a couple of starters then lost a couple more to injuries in the game. They were able to keep fighting and not give up the first half but by the end I am not sure if they had any remaining lineman that were consistent starters in the beginning of the season and it got out of hand. Congratulations to the Wildcats on a big win. Hopefully the Indians can rebuild next year with the 13 8th graders that made up the majority of the middle school team that beat Newport in the Middle school championship last week.
  9. As said there are a lot of reasons to cancel. The cancellations tend to be the teams that will be completely overwhelmed by their opponent essentially giving the number one seed a bye. It's the same as the propositions to only having three teams with 2v3 round one with the first seed a bye.
  10. What I have heard, all be it third hand, was that there will be an inspection sometime this week and if the stadium can pass, the game will be played at home.
  11. The future is bright for the Indians. After coming runner up last year, they get the win over Newport in the finals next year. Hopefully most if not all of the 13 8th graders will be playing for HC on Friday nights next year.
  12. I have worked gate a lot. When we were cash only I always brought extra money and let people venmo me. Now we are cashless and I have bought the ticket online for people if they are really struggling to figure it out and just give me the cash.
  13. 10 or less I don’t even give it a second thought at a regular game. When it starts getting higher than that, I kind of get aggravated but pay it. I don’t think I have been to one higher than that yet though. Most are between five and 10. I just wish all the high schools could get together and use the same online ticketing app/website. One central place to find all the tickets would be much easier than sorting through half a dozen different websites.
  14. Holy Cross did beat CCH in the district finals in 2019 in PKs. I was at that game it was crazy. You are correct teams can just concede a loss in the regular season and not have to play a team. I don’t really know the back story with HC CCH other than it sounds like there was a history of lopsided games.
  15. Third hand info but what I was told was it was 3-1 beechwood at the half in the first game and shortly into the second half one of HC’s better players got a red card and there was significant subbing by HC after that and the game got out of hand.
  16. Holy Cross avenges a 9-1 loss just a week and a half ago to advance to the district finals against Covington Catholic.
  17. Beechwood won 3-1 over Holy Cross. It was disappointing for the Lady Indians for sure. It was a hard fought and very physical game. Beechwood had a yellow card for pushing Hoffman on a scoring drive within the first few minutes of the game but HC couldn’t convert the free kick. Beechwood’s first goal was in the first half with a hard hit ball from a nice cross through traffic. The game stayed tied with the a couple of fouls setting up a free kick from just outside the 18 for both teams but both missed. Midway through the second half there was contact in the box on the Beechwood offensive side. The HC player went to ground and the ball ricocheted off her body and a hand ball was called. Beechwood converted their PK. Beechwood’s final goal came not long after on a shot the hit off a HC player and went in behind the goalie. HC’s sole goal came on a nice shot by Jenna Saalfeld from outside when the goalie came out to defend. Both goalies Fowee for Beechwood and Klais for HC had really nice games. Lack of scoring has been HC’s Achilles heel the entire season and Beechwood was able to take advantage and get the win. Good luck at regionals and prayers for the several girls who were injured as I said very physical game and not a lot of fouls called.
  18. I know there are some ties with the Cincinnati schools and HC assistant coaches. I wondered why no Bellevue myself. HC did scrimmage Dayton in preseason.
  19. This was actually a really good game to watch. I was a bit nervous that the game wouldn’t be this close with the Indians missing several starters, but they played tough. Conner had the first score about 2/3 of the way into the first half off a free kick by Kenney kicked in by ?Mann. Sorry I can’t remember who got the goal. Then HC answered towards the end of the first half with a nice shot from just outside the 18 by Wood. The next 30 minutes or so was a defensive battle until Conner’s Buchert got the game winning goal. The Indians played without leading scorer Hoffman and defensive leader Lehmkuhl both trying to rest up from some nagging injuries as we approach the postseason. Next up for HC Brossart on Monday
  20. I didn’t do the list but I believe previous weeks explain that it is top two from each district basically the teams that “should” be in regionals. The district with Highlands and NCC is not very strong this year. oops just saw it was already answered
  21. It seems like having a free transfer is basically just allowing what they’re already allowing. There were transfers this year that per their own rules probably shouldn’t have been eligible so if they’re going to allow it might as well allow it officially for everyone not just those who can afford good lawyers.
  22. It was an ugly game for the Indians. After playing their best game all year last week against Walton they played their worst tonight. Kudos to Beechwood who passed well, played tough and took it to HC winning 4-0. I didn’t see the first two goals that were in the first 10 minutes of the game (darn work) but after that it was a defensive battle until about midway through the second half when HC took out all their offensive and midfield starters. Another goal was scored and that was it. The starters did comeback piecemeal but HC could not get any momentum. IMO HC will have to play stronger. Beechwood had an elbow, forearm or body in the backs of HC the entire game. We did not return the favor. Hopefully this will be a turning point and they will be able to learn from the game and use that to have a strong last few weeks of the season and get revenge on the Tigers in the first round of districts.
  23. I haven’t seen all the teams play but this list seems pretty spot on. I haven’t seen Conner cooper or Dixie but of the rest I think Highlands is in a league of their own a step above everyone else. From what I have heard about the others I would say there is also a drop off after the top five with 6&7 equal and another big step off to 8. Tomorrow HC and Beechwood play. It should be an interesting game.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.