Queen of the Commonwealth Tournament at Bullitt East

The marquee tourney for Girls' Basketball in Kentucky gets underway on Tuesday at Bullitt East.  The field is incredible, and the teams will play 4 games in 4 days, so it is a real gauntlet!  Reminder, while I'll list the initial schedule below, each game / final score needs its own thread!!  What an amazing event, get there or follow along, the action will be terrific.  Coach Stallings at Bullitt East does a GREAT job running this event!!!

Tuesday the 19th:

4:00 in CCC Gym:  McCracken County vs Taylor County

4:00 in Main Gym:  Meade County vs Corbin

5:30 in CCC Gym:  Bullitt East vs Madisonville

5:30 in Main Gym:  Barren County vs Franklin County

7:00 in CCC Gym:  Cooper vs Owensboro Catholic

7:00 in Main Gym:  Bethlehem vs Covington Holy Cross

8:30 in CCC Gym:  Bowling Green vs Simon Kenton

8:30 in Main Gym:  Manual vs Boyd County

Outstanding Field!!!!  Good luck to all of the teams and players, stay healthy, have fun, and to their families and supporters, safe travels!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

My prediction for a Final Four here, sure to be wrong:

*  McCracken County vs Cooper in the top-half

*  Corbin vs Manual in the bottom-half  

Ooops, Cooper and McCracken will meet in the quarters, I forgot that they aren't playing the games tomorrow in the actual order of the bracket.  Cooper vs McCracken Co on Wednesday night will be OUTSTANDING.  Hopefully some of our members are down there this week and can provide updates.   I will be at the games in Cincy, I think, being held at McNick.

I guess I'll go with Cooper vs Bowling Green on the top half, but that quadrant with BG, SK, BE, and Madisonville is a bit of a wild-card.

3 hours ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

I think my Holy Cross Indians have a chance against Bethlehem in the first round game.

Of course they do!  I’m a huge fan of Julia but I think Leah will get her in foul trouble and if that happens they will dominate the paint.  Very interesting game for sure because they both don’t seem to have deep benches. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1992Rebel said:

Of course they do!  I’m a huge fan of Julia but I think Leah will get her in foul trouble and if that happens they will dominate the paint.  Very interesting game for sure because they both don’t seem to have deep benches. 

The Holy Cross bench is definitely thin at this point until they welcome the return of D'Myah Williams. I really hope Leah Macy plays because I think it will be a nice matchup. Good luck to all teams this week what a tournament.

3 hours ago, 1992Rebel said:

I thought I read that Leah was injured and out until Jan.  Ankle I believe. HC couldn't stop her last year when they played her.