Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old-School-Football

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old-School-Football

  1. What an amazing opportunity - wishing the young man nothing but the best.
  2. I assure you the guys from DeSales are no "City Slickers". You have young men playing for the Colts that know how to work on a farm. This is a very Blue Collar bunch - well rounded. Moving forward, I seriously doubt they will expect anyone to roll over. Not when you walk around with a huge target on you back as the 2 time defending champs. I'll take the Colts 28-7 and look forward to the big rematch next week.
  3. We have a few duplicate numbers. One offense and one defense - I'm not aware any of them play on the same side of the ball. We still can't seem to get it right on the PA system or in the stats.
  4. Two really solid 2nd round games! Good luck to all.
  5. Would simply like to see this one in dry weather - no rain. Compliments to X for making the adjustments in the 2nd half of the first game - but, in all honesty, the only necessary adjustment was stacking the box and shutting down J Reed and the rushing attack. The passing game is just so limited when playing in the rain but everyone has to deal with it. In the event we see dry weather, look for the Rocks to get the ball deep down field. Woosley and the WR'S look to be in post season form. Defense has and will be solid for the Rocks. Front 3 or 4 guys are really starting to click. Foos had a big game last time - I expect the same next Friday. Lowe and Lococo have been outstanding at LB positions. Overly impressed with our secondary right now. Sydnor is playing as good as any DB I've seen the past 3 years. And I haven't said anything about Rodjay Burns yet. With all that said, most likely going to be a barn burner as usual.
  6. Stop it. I just choked on a piece of brisket!
  7. Great opportunity to also insert Principal Zeitz - academics and athletics are starting to excel under her leadership. First it was a resurgence in basketball and now football. Wishing both Harper boys nothing but the best tonight in addition to the rest of the WHS team and coaches. We all know Boyle will be tough tonight but this one could be ultra competitive with the Wildcats showing serious improvement throughout the season. Very interesting first round game.
  8. This one might be moving faster than most people think. GLVC putting pressure on Bellarmine and a lot of people in Louisville are behind this effort. My opinion, temporary space isn't an issue with plenty of room to work on campus or even share space with St X. If this thing is approved, confident Bellarmine will have a beautiful stadium near campus. I say it is a done deal and they are playing in 2017.
  9. Both guys from T are solid. Will change the game passing or running really quick if you aren't careful. Not to mention the transfer from Manual ranked as one of the top DB'S in the country - 2018 class. If the Wildcats don't get it done Friday night, they will be a top ranked team next year. That is for sure!!
  10. I believe more than 50% of the T student body is getting financial aid regardless of the sport he might play. Majority of them don't play sports. The T administration is very generous in that area - more so than other schools but all of the asistance is financial based. We've been up and down this road before. Love the topic and value your opinions. Just saying if you guys on the X side aren't paying as much attention to Central, DeSales and CAL...I feel like you are missing the boat. Especially DeSales and CAL. Stop saying T this and T that and trying to point out everything we do wrong - and start looking at the other schools and what they are doing 'right'. Have to agree with some of the posters...if you aren't careful, X could continue to lose relevance while others like CAL and DeSales become more and more relevant. Might even see Manual become more relevant especially if Coach Glaser decided to take the job. Great discussion, eat & sleep. I do appreciate your feedback even if we disagree on a few things.
  11. Why do the 50% public school kids choose T over X? Just wondering what kind of thoughts you may have on that subject. The kids have the same opportunity to attend X...right? It can't be all about recruiting in my opinion. Appreciate your thoughts on the subject. I'm also seeing WAY more quality football players from the CSAA choose DeSales over X the past 4-5 years. I've been a coach in the CSAA and Optimist leagues for a long time so I try to stay close to both leagues and the talent around our city. Would love to hear your thought on this one as well. I do feel like the Tiger faithful should take a deep dive into this one as much as the T part of the discussion. Finally, I also feel like folks better pay special attention to CAL. I'm hearing of extremely talented kids going to that school next year...some of the Catholic kids combined with inner city. Hope everyone can realize X and T aren't the only show in town. The things going on at Central, DeSales, CAL and Male are remarkable. For X to get back on top, I think everyone should pay attention to what is happening at other schools and stop chasing T. Just my 2 cents.
  12. No doubt, Champ!! Things would get really interesting. My worry is a few of our T guys could be on that list. Past two years have been really special with the addition of new coaches - one great hire after another the past two seasons. I could get behind a T guy getting a shot at this job but prefer to keep all of them on Shelbyville Rd. For any candidate, I just wonder if he can do better than 7, 8, 9 wins per season just like the previous 2 head coaches.
  13. Worried about a bunch of Panthers right now! Hope we can revisit the topic in a few weeks.
  14. I played high school ball in KY when every team DIDN'T make the playoffs. Only the top 2 teams from the district. We finished 3rd all four years in a very tough district with 6 total teams (yes, 4 teams had to go home). In the old format, I do feel like some very competitive teams were left out of the playoffs - but I can assure you, the teams that made it were damn good.
  15. Who beat St Edward? Someone from out of state? Correct me if im wrong - isn't the Dublin Coffman QB the kid going to UK? Having a good season?
  16. Congratulations on a great season JV Rocks. Very similar to the JV results a few years ago - and that group followed up with a State Championship over Dixie the next season. Icing on the cake for this group - most of them played significant minutes on the Varsity level because of the blow out wins. Also, welcome aboard to the Freshman Rocks that were promoted this week. Opportunity of a lifetime getting to be around Coach B (and staff) and the Seniors for practice and a post season run. Big group of Seniors this year made the jump 3 years ago and even played a few reps in Championship game win over PRP. Taking that first step to climb the mountain today/this week. One step at a time. Like the BIG GUY says...don't look down off that mountain, don't look up - keep looking straight ahead!! Good luck Rocks!
  17. Thanks for the info, Jo-Jo. I hope the young man has an opportunity to play for the Colts. Had the pleasure of Coaching against Derby City and the Seminoles past few years. So much talent in both programs right now and the Coaches really 'GET IT'. From what I've seen, this is a positive environment with great role models/coaches. Again, only talking about my experiemces. The Seminoles had my team down by a few TD'S with the opportunity to run up the score and called off the dogs - you don't see that very often in the youth leagues. Too many people would rather talk about "Our Lady of Lyndon" and bash schools for opening the doors to different walks of faith or kids playing in inner city leagues. Bottom line, if a kid has a dream to play for a 23 time State Champion like Trinity or back-to-back state champ like DeSales, who are we to judge? Appreciate you sharing the info regarding the young QB.
  18. Correct me if im wrong but I'm pretty sure we had the pleasure of watching the Luke Kuechly team make the trip to Louisville a few years back. I do believe he was playing safety for the Bombers and maybe wearing #1 on his jersey. I just remember the kid was scary to look at - like he didn't belong in a high school game. Was playing a free safety spot and getting a 15 yard head start on every play - playing Safety like a LB. Didn't the Bombers have a high profile LB last year. Pretty sure I was watching a game last weekend on TV and the commentator was talking about the true Freshman LB from Cincy X. Would love to hear if the Bombers are bringing additional high profile guys this year.
  19. Pulling for Coach Crumbacker and his troops. Would love to see him wrap up the regular season with a win and make a deep run in 1A. Great guy and I have a feeling the Cougars are really going to miss him. But I also feel like he won't be too far away!!
  20. Max Martin & Will O'Rourke from Trinity. Two outstanding O-lineman on the football team also letter in wrestling and Bass Fishing. Might think of a few more for the Rocks but pretty sure it is a small list. We do have a number of baseball/football combo athletes.
  21. Shout out to Seneca and JTown ranked ahead of 2 teams in 6A. Now that is a computer some folks in Louisville can appreciate. Nice to see both teams ranked ahead of someone!
  22. Jason Frakes pretty much has a decent summary on his twitter.
  23. MGM, Rocks are 1-1 against Colerain. You have the correct result from last year but indicated Trinity was 0-2. Wish we would have played Colerain this year. Have a feeling it would have been legendary. Could have replaced Lafayette game with Colerain but I'm sure it wasn't an easy task to come up with a schedule because of our new district.
  24. He didn't play against the 2011 team.
  25. Coach, please understand I'm one of your fans and often speak highly of you and your program. Was really pulling for you to get much needed respect in the preseason and even though I'm a T fan, I would have rather seen a competitive game last night. This might be a good debate and I appreciate your feedback. How do the kids expect to get anything when you get on message boards like this and talk about "not the most talented" and not many D1 players??? Our parents and our coaches try to do as much as anyone regarding college and press coverage. Just feel like it was a poor choice of words after gettimg beat 63-0. We sit back and listen to people all week talk about Q and Kash - different parts of the state talking highly about the top talent from different parts of the Commonwealth. Regardless of the team, seems like other parts of the state have much more respect for the players and market them with much more pride (especially fans from smaller communities). You would rather use words like "not the most talented" or not much D1 talent when 6-8 guys on our team are hearing from D1 schools or FCS teams. I'm just saying you could have hit a homerun by complimenting some guys that just beat your team 63-0. Connor Carrico wasn't even covered last night. He has been a serious threat going all the way back to our state championship run last year. Because he is 5'8", he doesn't get the attention he deserves. I ask you - how big is Julian Edelman or Wes Welker? He dominated you guys last night and I wish more people would see the big picture. We have GREAT players but because they don't have 5 stars next to the name they aren't the most talented? I look forward to watching our T guys climb that mountain again this post season. And can't wait to see many of them move on to college regardless of what people say about you. Coach, I would never try to disrespect you and have a great deal of appreciation for what you do in our community - your dedication to Ballard and summer camps. Thanks for listening! I'm just a believer in what our kids are doing on and off the field at T - and I know for sure we have our share of talented guys that deserve a lot of credit (more credit than what they get).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.