Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 63 Ballard 0

Featured Replies

Just want to thank #The Deuce for the updates. Checked the thread after returning from dinner.

Just want to thank #The Deuce for the updates. Checked the thread after returning from dinner.

 

My pleasure!

My pleasure!

 

I remember Trinity being up 49-0 at the half. When did they put in the second string?

Starters played 1 series in the 2nd half.

Wow! Just saw a stat on twitter: Trinity ran 32 offensive plays and scored 63 points (two defensive TDs but still).

Boy the Rocks looked good tonight.

Not the most "talented" Trinity team I've seen--that's NOT meant as an insult--because it's maybe one of the best T teams I've ever seen execute vs. one of mine. Have had many good battles with them over the years...but this one was over immediately. They had theirs ready and I didn't have mine ready despite weeks of hard preparation.

 

To get more out of less is the sign of a well-coached team. "Well"-coached is an understatement about what happened last night. Their kids and supporters are fortunate to have what they have there. Going to be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out--fortunately on our end, while I can't say the same about our 'supporters,' I know our kids won't quit and they'll work hard to improve on our mistakes going forward.

Coach I don't think any of us would take that as an insult, we know it isn't the most talented group we have had. They have some very talented players, but as a whole they are not, you are correct. By the looks of this game though it looks like the staff has everything clicking at the right time.

Coach I don't think any of us would take that as an insult, we know it isn't the most talented group we have had. They have some very talented players, but as a whole they are not, you are correct. By the looks of this game though it looks like the staff has everything clicking at the right time.

 

Yes, that seems to be the norm for Beatty. The regular season is just scrimmages that are preparation for the "real" season, which is the playoffs. I am hoping for a better showing over on Preston Hwy.

 

Yes, that seems to be the norm for Beatty. The regular season is just scrimmages that are preparation for the "real" season, which is the playoffs. I am hoping for a better showing over on Preston Hwy.

 

Hoping for a dry field that night.

I am happy to report the Ballard freshman who needed to be taken to a hospital by ambulance on Thursday suffered a "stinger" and was on the sideline last night.

 

I understand he lost feeling in his right side for about five minutes.

A group of kids from Trinity that "weren't the most talented" according to many people last year brought home State Championship #23. It will be a great day when the kids start getting the credit they deserve. Add 9 more wins to the school total, the 35th District Championship and #1 seed in a playoff bracket. First district championship since 2012.

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are blessed with the best damn coaching staff in the state and one of the best in the country. But we have as many "talented" players as anyone in this city or state and if you choose not to give them credit then shame on you (whoever you might be).

 

Part of being an exceptional player is buying into what the coaches are teaching, commitment in the weightroom, in the classroom and out in the community (don't get me started on community service hours). This group of Rocks is just as talented as any we've seen over the past three seasons.

And I'm certainly not taking the comments from Coach J as an insult. I know he has a great deal of respect for the T program. Just tired of hearing this isn't the most talented team all the way back in the preseason. Not sure what people want with wins over Ensworth and Brentwood - blowout of a Lafayette team with 4-5 Division 1 players, ANOTHER win over St X etc...

 

Just hope the kids get the recognition they deserve when post season honors are announced like all district - in a district Trinity won by outscoring opponents 219-7.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.