Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old-School-Football

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old-School-Football

  1. We get to see how a 5 Star and UK commit compare to Ole Miss and Tennessee commit. The Ole Miss and Tennessee guys last week were huge but didn't impress against the Rocks defense. Maybe our local 5 Star and UK guy will have a better outcome. Really excited to see the Lafayette QB in action!
  2. Frakes & 88...I love it. You guys enjoy and I'm sure it will turn out to be better than the price of admission. This might be another good one, much like last year. I'll have to take BG until we learn more about X over the coming weeks. Henry Clay wasn't much of a challenge. Hope Purple88 is right about the Rocks. Lafayette is loaded with talent. I'm looking forward to another packed house on Shelbyville Rd. The 12th man will be out in full force for a "Beach Night" theme. Plenty of good games around the city/state. Been a great start to the season!
  3. I'm curious why everyone has the X/BG game as the game of the week. Just asking...don't go crazy on my. BG #1 in 5A and X #6 -10 in most state wide polls. Trinity and Lafayette is a match up of two top 5 reams in the same class. Seeing BG and X mentioned by many as the game of the week. Sounds good to me...just wondering how/why. Would love to see Lafayette get some respect with all the big names coming to Louisville Friday night. Can't wait to see the highest rated player in the history of our state play against the Rocks...oh, and Landon Young, and Walker Wood, etc!!!
  4. Great comment - and we need to remind them from time to time. But, I personally don't feel like 'focus' is a big deal for this group of Shamrocks. I want to remind everyone most of the guys were on the field as Sophomores when Male beat us down 2 times in the same season. Now - this group has matured with each other over the past few years and they have a strong desire to play for Trinity first...worry about personal goals or accomplishments later. Every guy is determined to do his job and earn the respect of the Coaching staff, alumni, administrators and school peers. This is a very tight group...one of the tightest I've seen going back to my days playing or coaching. I'm confident the Rocks will be laser focused for Lafayette this week. Enjoy this team everyone. You have to believe this group is as good as advertised and the local or National attention is well deserved. Lot of time in that million dollar weightroom. Lot of time pushing each other in the off season. "Stay Hungry - Stay Humble"
  5. Down year? Go to Bama and beat #1 Ranked team in 3A. I would say that is a pretty impressive win to add on to the resume. You don't go down to Bama and beat #1 Ranked teams in a down year.
  6. We really didn't know what to expect from Madison Academy. We knew 32 (Auburn recruit Malik Miller) was a really good player. I knew they were a winning program and when you play a winning program, you expect a different level of effort, which is what we got in the second half." - Ensworth coach Ricky Bowers, following a 28-7 win at Alabama's Madison Academy, a defending 3A state champ. Nice win for Ensworth against #1 Ranked 3A team in Alabama.
  7. Another big turnout for the Father/Son Hooters gathering...even if it wasn't planned this week and we can't so no to the Senior Rocks. Big thanks to all the Shamrock parents that started the tradition 17-18 years ago. Awesome time bonding with the Dad's and Senior players. I'll cherish the memories. Great group of guys!
  8. Best example ever. I do remember the game and anyone could have said the same thing about Shaun that day. Appreciate the reminder. But my goodness...he was scary to look at regardless of the outcome. At the very least, he passed the EYE test.
  9. Interested in the QB for X. Sorry we high jacked the thread. Any know who is starting. Has to be the Senior...right?
  10. PepRock, did Jason and Reggie stand out? I remember Jason taking plays off but the next play he would knock the QB over into the cafeteria. Again, do ever remember him not standing out? 99% of the time, you have to agree Reggie and Jason both looked like they didn't belong in a HS game...size, speed, results. I don't know how I'm getting pulled so deep into this discussion or why I'm letting someone tell me what I did or didn't see on one night. The only thing I will agree with is one night isn't enough to judge a high school player. For that, I'm sorry I opened my mouth and if I offended a certain fan. Just trying to say the day I witnessed a certain player on the field, I was less than impressed with the attitude and effort - and he didn't stand out in way, shape or form (no more than a Zack Smith, Dalton Jones or Connor Carrico stand out) - and certainly not on the level of a Rodjay Burns...again, at first glance. Do appreciate the feedback gang.
  11. Appreciate your feedback, Iam4thecats...you are more than welcome to dish it right back in my direction and I can take it. Unfortunately, my playing days are long gone. And as long as I continue to buy season tickets to UK and UL...I'm also allowed to express my opinion. I'm sure the kid is top notch. Don't want to argue about that. I wish him nothing but good fortune in the SEC and hopefully in the NFL as you said. Just wanted to see more the night he played Trinity...that's all.
  12. Sorry about that - my assessment with my own two eyes must have offended you. Didn't realize you wrote the book on recruiting or even the way the average fan should judge talent. I've been going to Commonwealth Stadium for more than 35 years and Papa Johns/Old Cardinal Stadium just as long? I've seen my share of local guys go on and star for both schools. I'll stand by my assessment...and the fact that I also acknowledge he and the HC team must not have been very interested. Could have been a very good reason for the poor performance and i hope to see big things down the road. But good players on bad teams do show up from a talent perspective on one side of the ball or the other. Just didn't see it that night. Maybe I'll have a chance to see him and a few others later in the year.
  13. Then Rodjay Burns might as well win Mr Football, the Heisman trophy and go ahead and make plans for the first round of the same draft. I saw both of them on the same field and the two aren't even comparable. I can only judge what I saw with my own two eyes. Did the Cats even offer Rodjay? I really hope he can do great things for the Cats...we need him to do big things. Just saying I get to see kids from several schools in Louisville in the same just as good...maybe even better. The night he played Trinity - again, he seriously wasn't that interested or we really do have a bunch of talent at all 11 positions on both sides of the ball. He certainly wasn't the best on the field that night...not by a long shot.
  14. I too was looking forward to seeing Robinson play when HC made the visit to Trinity. I hate to sound like a homer but he was "MAYBE" a top 10 player on the field that night. He really wasn't very interested in the game maybe because it was a scrimmage - or, we have way more talent on both sides of the ball. I already said this but the whole team didn't seem very interested. Hope I'm wrong with my assessment as I pull for the Cats and Cards. And I love to see local talent going to both schools. Just need to see much more out of guys going to SEC and ACC schools. A lot more!
  15. I too was looking forward to seeing Robinson play when HC made the visit to Trinity. I hate to sound like a homer but he was "MAYBE" a top 10 player on the field that night. He really wasn't very interested in the game maybe because it was a scrimmage - or, we have way more talent on both sides of the ball. I already said this but the whole team didn't seem very interested. Hope I'm wrong with my assessment as I pull for the Cats and Cards. And I love to see local talent going to both schools. Just need to see much more out of guys going to SEC and ACC schools. A lot more!
  16. Keep in mind many of the Seniors for Trinity were only Sophomores starting varsity when they beat us on ESPN. At the same time Ensworth was winning state championships. Man we've had some battles over the past 2 years. Good one to keep on the schedule. Looking forward to this one Friday night. 11 guys on both sides of the ball for Trinity will be looking forward to matching up against major D1 talent. I look for this group of Rocks to put on a good show regardless of the outcome. Really liking this bunch.
  17. Interesting discussion. Tell me more Butler fans!!
  18. Found it...Rocks moved up from 79 to #51 . Brentwood jumped from 85 to #79 . Male moved up a few spots. Can't get involved in the other discussion that just started about T and H. Too early for that if you ask me. Focus on Brentwood!! Nice to see Rocks and H in the National polls. Love the recognition from a national landscape perspective.
  19. Nice jump up the National Polls...correct? What was the original ranking, THSRocks? Somewhere in the 70's???
  20. Agree with you, Purple. Will be interesting to see the outcome of this one. You remember a few years back - JTOWN made the move down from 6A to 5A and made a nice run into the quarterfinals - unfortunately, running into the John Hardin buzz saw several years in a row. DeMichael Jackson was the star for JT back then...now staring at SE Missouri. Have a feeling FC is on a similar path. We all know they have a worthy super star in Kenslow. How about the guys around him? I think they may have some players in my opinion. Again, I've stressed this before - the Optimist program is producing solid numbers and solid athletes. When this happens, FC usually produces a solid product on the football field. Unfortunate for JT moving back to 6A in Trinity's district but that happens when you have 3-4 huge enrollment classes. Bonus for FC moving down to 5A and changing spots with JT. I feel like FC might be in position to give us a solid Louisville contender in 5A or at least something to talk about. Heck...we're talking about them now...right? Manual still huge up front. Maybe FC can hang...but I'll take Manual by 3 TD's.
  21. Amen brother! Very much a team effort last week. Assignment football on the defensive side. D Line occupied space and outside backers pushed everything back into the middle. Solid game for Lowe, Patterson and Reynolds even made a few nice stops from his Safety spot. Hope for the same this weekend. Unselfish group of guys on both sides. Look for Woosley to make small adjustments...improve on that completion percentage. But...all take zero turnovers any day of the week.
  22. Wow...you guys think we surrender only 7 points against 3 SEC linemen. I love the confidence and I hope you're right. Looking forward to the trip, spending time with all the T fans/parents...and some good grub with the BBQ cowboy!
  23. I do believe Jalen Ramsey, the superstar for FSU was on the Brentwood Team the last time the two teams played. I remember bits and pieces of the game but wouldn't mind going back to watch the video. James Quick vs Ramsey that night. See how we stack up against the three SEC lineman this week. Big test for the Rocks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.