Trinity at Brentwood Academy

thsrocks

Who wins this clash of top 100 teams (VYPE)?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this clash of top 100 teams (VYPE)?

• Trinity Sharmorcks
    • Brentwood Academy Eagles

From the Nashville Tennessean:

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY

Region: Division II-AA East/Middle

Coach: Cody White, 4th season

Last season: 8-3, fell to Memphis University School in DII-AA quarterfinals.

Players to watch: Bryce Mathews, Sr. OL/DL — 6-foot-5, 280-pound Ole Miss commitment and All-Midstate first-teamer leads an extremely talented Eagle line, which also features 6-1, 322-pound Vanderbilt commitment Brandon Adams. Ryan Johnson, Sr. OL/DL — 6-foot-6, 280-pound Tennessee commitment helped pave the way for an offense that racked up 406 points and nearly 5,000 yards in 11 games last season, garnering first-team All-Midstate honors. Jeremiah Oatsvall, Jr. QB/DB — Dual-threat signal caller passed for a team-leading 1,276 yards and eight touchdowns a season ago; also racked up 502 yards and four TDs on the ground. Camron Johnson, Soph. WR —Hauled in 34 receptions for a team-high 664 yards and 10 scores as a freshman in 2014. Gavin Schoenwald, Soph. WR/QB — Versatile 6-foot-6, 200-pounder provides a large target in the receiving game, and he'll also compete for snaps at quarterback.

Quote:"We've got some unproven running backs — I think we've got some guys that are going to be good — but we've got to solidify that spot. We're deep at receiver and we should be able to play a lot of kids, and we've got to improve defensively. If we can do that and take care of the ball offensively, we should have a pretty good outfit." — Fourth-year Eagles coach Cody White.

The Tennessean Midstate football Top 10 ranks Brentwood Academy (1-0) #1 — "The Eagles encountered little resistance during Saturday's trip to the Magnolia State, racking up over 400 yards in a 48-6 win over Olive Branch (Miss.)."

Trinity has a 2-0 record all-time versus Brentwood Academy. The Shamrocks will have their hands full this Friday night in their attempt to remain undefeated versus the Eagles.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity's offensive line is talented and experienced. The Rocks defense is looking more stout than usual this early in the season. The skill players are very, very good. The QB does not commit turnovers. I like Trinity 21-7 in this contest.

I do believe Jalen Ramsey, the superstar for FSU was on the Brentwood Team the last time the two teams played. I remember bits and pieces of the game but wouldn't mind going back to watch the video. James Quick vs Ramsey that night.

See how we stack up against the three SEC lineman this week. Big test for the Rocks!

Wow...you guys think we surrender only 7 points against 3 SEC linemen. I love the confidence and I hope you're right.

Looking forward to the trip, spending time with all the T fans/parents...and some good grub with the BBQ cowboy!

That leaves 8 other guys to make the play. :thumb:

That leaves 8 other guys to make the play. :thumb:

Amen brother! Very much a team effort last week. Assignment football on the defensive side. D Line occupied space and outside backers pushed everything back into the middle. Solid game for Lowe, Patterson and Reynolds even made a few nice stops from his Safety spot. Hope for the same this weekend. Unselfish group of guys on both sides. Look for Woosley to make small adjustments...improve on that completion percentage. But...all take zero turnovers any day of the week.

Found it...Rocks moved up from 79 to #51 . Brentwood jumped from 85 to #79 . Male moved up a few spots.

Can't get involved in the other discussion that just started about T and H. Too early for that if you ask me. Focus on Brentwood!!

Nice to see Rocks and H in the National polls. Love the recognition from a national landscape perspective.