Trinity at Brentwood Academy

thsrocks

Who wins this clash of top 100 teams (VYPE)?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this clash of top 100 teams (VYPE)?

• Trinity Sharmorcks
    • Brentwood Academy Eagles

I hope so too. There is a lot of respect for Trinity down in Nashville especially from Montgomery Bell Academy , Ensworth and BA. Not too many teams over the years have beat BA as badly as T did in 2011 and 2012. I sat in the stands and just thought wow in 2011.

I hated to watch BA get beat so badly but I have never seen a team work so well together as that 2011 T team.

I hope for a good game even though I do believe T will be favored in this one

Is 2011or 2012 the year that Quick and company went into the pit at Elder and handed them the biggest defeat at home ever?

I hope T wins this battle with no injuries to either team.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 2011or 2012 the year that Quick and company went into the pit at Elder and handed them the biggest defeat at home ever?

I hope T wins this battle with no injuries to either team.

Yes, 2011 Rocks 56 Elder 7. I went to that game. Elder fans were in shock. That was a special team. This year's squad should be really good, but not that good. i think BA will give us all we can handle after watching some highlights from the Olive Branch game. Where does OB stack up in the TN pecking order Baylorbigdog?

He reminds me of Trinitys QB in some ways . he is very tough - extremely mobile and can pass as well.

His father played football at San Diego State I believe .. He is from a very disciplined and athletic family. Really terrific competitor and great kid.

When our QB went down last year ( he is playing at Ole Miss now ) Oatsvall was slotted to play some receiver and safety . He really carried the team as BA suffered from the injury bug on offense and defense.

T is big, strong and deep on both lines. They run Reed a lot. Ensworth did a good job of shutting down T's WR screens. If I'm BA, I'm preparing my defense to shut down Reed and if Ihave to, letting T throw more. T's QB, while making some very important plays, missed some passes by not setting his feet even when he had time and perhaps not tucking it and running on roll-outs when there was considerable open space. This is to be expected given his inexperience. He appears to be a leader and good game manager and the team seems to play together well. I feel that T's coaches will have an appropriate offensive game plan in place to maximize what T can do well at this stage of the season.

I know nothing about this year's BA team except that they ae supposed to be very good with talented linemen. I think T's defense is very good, though, with the secondary maybe, at least so far, being one of the best I've seen at Trinity. I have to think that BA would have trouble smash-mouthing T but you never know. Not to invoke a cliche, but this game could very well come down to take-aways and field position. (T's FG kicker looks to be pretty good.)

Will BA be steaming this game? I'd love to watch it.

He reminds me of Trinitys QB in some ways . he is very tough - extremely mobile and can pass as well.

His father played football at San Diego State I believe .. He is from a very disciplined and athletic family. Really terrific competitor and great kid.

When our QB went down last year ( he is playing at Ole Miss now ) Oatsvall was slotted to play some receiver and safety . He really carried the team as BA suffered from the injury bug on offense and defense.

Thanks for the qb analysis. I think you misread my post though. I abbreviated Olive Branch with OB, not QB. I wanted to know how good of a team Olive Branch is in TN.

For what's it's worth last year on yappi all the posters after the game were saying their 5 star lb justin Hillard was ineffective against BA's line.

I am not sure if T defense this year is better than St X's last year but BA's offense is better for sure .

I believe they are improved at every position on the offense. Running back is better - everyone is back except for one lineman.

I would love to see a repeat of the st x game. Time for BA to step up they will need to in this one

OB looked really athletic and fast but BA jumped all over them and the game was over in the second q. They are in Mississippi and at times have been a power in the largest division there .

I don't really know what I learned

From that game that I didn't already know