Trinity at Brentwood Academy

thsrocks

Who wins this clash of top 100 teams (VYPE)?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this clash of top 100 teams (VYPE)?

• Trinity Sharmorcks
    • Brentwood Academy Eagles

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about the offense, how many long drive did the Rocks have, or was most of the scoring from the 6 gift turnovers that Ensworth gave us?

1- 3 plays, 0 yrds, Punt

2- 14 plays, 80 yrds, TD

3- 6 plays, 13 yrds, TOOD Ensworth's 34 yard line

4- 5 plays, 17 yrds, TOOD Ensworth's 26 yard line

5- 7 plays, 55 yrds, TD

6- 11 plays, 94 yrds, TD

7- 3 plays, 18 yrds, TD

8- 1 play, 0 yrds, 40 yrd FG before the half.

9- 3 plays, 6 yrds, TD

10- 3 plays, 4 yrds, Punt (Back-up QB)

The offense had 3 very good drives with some good plays made by Woosley and Reed to keep the drives alive. Trinity's offenses continue to get better as the season progresses. I feel this year's offense is further along and has a more balance attack than last year's at this time. BA will have their hands full containing this offense on Friday.

However I'm a big believer in that defenses win championships and offenses just put points on the board. Trinity definitely has that kind of defense to do just that and I believe they will be the difference in the game again this Friday.

Wow...you guys think we surrender only 7 points against 3 SEC linemen. I love the confidence and I hope you're right.

Looking forward to the trip, spending time with all the T fans/parents...and some good grub with the BBQ cowboy!

If those lineman are going to Vandy and UK.....heck yeah.

This years BA team is loaded. IMO trinity will not be able to limit BA to 2 scores. The entire line ex one player will play at the next level . Their 2 wide receivers - soph has sec offers and they have a 6'6 215 poind WR soph who has interest from Clemson and Tennessee. Their running back is 6'1 200 pounds rushed for 200 yards against olive branch - runs 4.4 40 and is a bruiser. Their defensive line is the place where Trinity may have some success even though they have an sec dt and have moved to a 3-4 this year.

They remind me somewhat of the 2011 Trinity team on the offense side of the ball. I just don't see this game low scoring . Trinity wins but I think more in line with the first game against ensworth 3 years ago. Hard fought game

Ensworth is down this year but impressive win by T last week. Maryville beat Ensworth 48-14 in a scrimmage earlier this year so people in Tn knew they were down from previous years.

Maryville is #1 in Tennessee's power rankings, so they are arguably the best team in the state. 48-14 is no embarrassment.

Yeah I agree . They beat maryville about as bad the year before. Ensworth is a year or two from being back at the top unless they bring in a few players or the young guys grow up. The wheels fell off after the 1st quarter against T. T created a lot of those opportunities but this week should be a different animal altogether. BA had a lot of injuries last year and so if you throw in the guys who would have started had it not been for season ending injuries -- they return 10 on offense and 8 on defense. This team appears loaded and experienced . We will see I suppose.

Trinity looks really good to me this year. People are saying the defense is on par with 2011 and the offenses is about 3/5 with 2011. The 2011 T team was the best high school football team I have ever seen on a field.

If they are even close to 2011 - BA will have its work cut out for them even with all the talent they have. I also tip the coaching advantage to T even though BA is no slouch in that area either. Just think T is more creative and makes adjustments better