Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old-School-Football

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old-School-Football

  1. Brentwood Academy - 48 Olive Branch (MS) - 6 Final...Sat night
  2. Same for me...hope for a speedy recovery. But, I'm not sure if Wakefield has played in a full T/H game for the past 1 1/2 seasons. I do remember him having a big night when the Rocks had Reggie at QB....after that, I think Wakefield has nursed a few injuries for the better part of the T/H series. Will be fun to have him in the game but with or without, the game will be the best show in town. Z Smith is the one we need to watch. Kid absolutely destroys us every time we play. Preseason awards as a specialist but in my opinion, he is the most talented WR in the city. Still have 3 weeks before the game. Have a feeling the conversations on BGP'S will be fun.
  3. I'll take X only because I was underwhelmed by the performance of Henry Clay in the Trinity scrimmage. If you can't get pumped up for that one, you may have some issues. I don't recall seeing any sort of grit or fight out of HC in the scrimmage...except for a few post tackle celebrations when Trinity had the 3rd string in the game Also going to say X will sort through the preseason questions and put a quality product on the field. I could be way off and we are going to find out how bad things really are over at Tiger Tech. But I really feel like the staff has to be working OT to fill all of the open spots and X will have a solid game plan.
  4. Hard hitting bunch of Shamrocks. When this group is making a tackle, they do it with a purpose. Very impressed but also very early. Congrats little Rocks!! Who cares about overall numbers??? You guys have a great looking group of kids. Can't wait to see more action this year. Anyone at the game see the down field blocking by the WR's? WOW!!!
  5. It would no doubt be really cool to have something like that. I was very impressed with the large TV screens st Highlands and Ensworth last year. Unfortunately, the jumbo screens won't produce results on the field. I'm thankful for all of the coaches, administrators, parents, grandparents and thousands of alumni that make contributions to our new million dollar weight room and training facility. Money well spent...and it will produce results on Friday night. Maybe Bleacher Report should do a story on our weight room. Many people have said it is at least equal to many Division 1 programs including UL and UK. Maybe PSDiver can start the campaign. I would imagine it wouldn't take long to get a jumbo screen if Trinity really wanted to go in that direction.
  6. Congrats to all players picking up the preseason honor for the metro area. Additional players on the list with some new names and faces worthy of getting recognition. Nice group of football players from the metro area! Way to go guys. Can't wait to see 11 or more of the guys face the Shamrocks this year. Good luck to all.
  7. Where did Devereaux Reed end up going to college? I had him in little league for a few years before they made the move to Owensboro. Nobody could touch that kid when he was playing little league RB. Wish I had a chance to see him play LB in high school. Wish I could see this one. I'll be at the T vs Ensworth game but wishing both teams the best of luck.
  8. Thank you, Jack! Had no idea. Very unfortunate for the NKY communities and especially the little league and high school kids. This is the best time of the year to pick up the CJ...preseason football, soccer coverage, volleyball coverage, field hockey...you name it. I'm just a big fan of everything they try to accomplish at the CJ - and I'm very appreciative for the fact they also try to cover other parts of the state. I have some roots or connections down and around Central KY. Love to see guys like Kendon Young get recognition. I would never know about the kid if it wasn't for you guys and people like Jason at the CJ. End of the day, all you guys do a pretty awesome job of getting kids exposure. I've enjoyed my time reading and trying to add value to the conversations. Think all you guys need to keep up the good work. Did anyone ever think we would have so much college football talent (at all divisions)? I thought KY was a basketball state!!
  9. Sorry to ask but what is the name of the NKY newspaper? The only thing I can see so far is a bunch of people going after Jason Frakes and the CJ. Please tell me how many of the other local papers around the state write about some of the kids from Louisville? NKY paper mention Louisville kids....BG paper writing about Louisville kids...Lex paper writing about Louisville kids? Again, compliments to Jason and many more guys before him that choose to cover the WHOLE state. 38 guys (out of 50) on the list from outside of Louisville...and some of you are crying about kids that didn't make the list from other parts of the state...calling someone a homer. Congrats to the 38 guys from outside of Louisville that made the preseason list of guys to watch. Again, can anyone share your local paper from around the state talking about Louisville kids?
  10. I'm just glad we have guys like Jason Frakes still taking so much pride in high school sports. Especially on the local scene. I have scrap books full of Courier Journal articles from when my Dad played in the 50's - and many more articles from the CJ from my playing days in the late 80's and early 90's. Jason is doing one heck of a job keeping traditions alive. From the older Mr Crawford, Bob White, Jody...and many more - I would like to say thank you. This time of the year, the CJ is the first thing we pick up in our house because of guys like you. I've always enjoyed reading all of the local high school reviews - checking the box scores on Sat morning and then reading all the college football pregame action. You can never be perfect with ranking teams or kids...but the CJ has a long line of guys including Jason that deserve a lot of credit in and around Louisville. Again, thank you Jason! Keep up the good work and help the CJ keep selling papers. You are certainly doing your part.
  11. I was happy to see the Rocks take it pretty easy on each other Friday night in the Green-white game. Man, we've seen some battles over the years and we usually have a number of guys banged up going into week #1 . It sounds like our guys are pretty healthy right now and knock on wood...we keep it that way in practice this week. Unfortunate situation with our 3rd/4th string QB...I think it was Nick Bohn. Don't know all of the details about the knee injury but hope for a speedy recovery. Rock Nation thinking about the young man. Think he was set to get significant reps on JV level. Hurry up and get Enzo back at WR...add even more depth to an already deep and dangerous WR group. Looking forward to watching that OLine Friday night. I want to believe this group of seniors on the OLine will regularly win us a bunch of games in the trenches. So far...I've been overly impressed. Guys need to play Trinity defense!! No home run balls in the air and continue to gang tackle...punishing guys if Ensworth is planning to grind it out with the running game.
  12. Praying for all those in and around the Hoptown community.
  13. I won't argue. Again, enjoying the discussion. Every situation has to be a little different around the state and counties. It has to be hard to argue that Boone/NKY wouldn't put out a great product if some of the schools merged. In Louisville, we have several 6A schools that only field 50 or maybe 60 kids. Sure, the enrollment numbers are huge but they don't have many kids to field a good football team. I look at Fern Creek, Eastern and JTOWN inside Louisville. The schools are 10 minutes apart from each other. Again, I know the enrollment is huge in the schools but so watered down from a football perspective. Just wondering how the landscape would look if Eastern, FC and JTOWN football teams were combined. I hear you Hellbird. I like your comparison to Scott County more than any part of the argument. Must be nice for them to be the only show in town.
  14. I think the Rocks won the last 3 - 4 in a row vs the Bombers and all off a sudden the series came to an end. Moeller never hesitated to renew the series and Colerain was happy to jump into the discussion when we had the X slot open up the past few years. Sure, any team would have a problem playing that schedule. But I personally think Moeller has been a much bigger challenge over X for the Rocks. Won the mythical National Championship and followed that up with a 1 loss season the next year...Moeller was the only team to beat them in a shoot out. Again, no matter how you dice it, you guys have some incredible football....great kids, great coaches, great fans.
  15. Hellbird, may I please ask... Are you pretty much saying Boone should do the same thing as McCracken County - and if it was possible, Northern KY football may be a different story? I think I'm following the discussion. How do the McCracken numbers stack up now from the enrollment perspective? And please remember, they lost to the #4 team in the super district last year. Very much enjoying the discussion. Just trying to get a firm grasp and look for a sample or something to validate the argument. Would McCracken be a good example? Not looking for a hypothetical example...just wondering if McCracken is a good place to start. Thanks!
  16. Over half of the guys on the field that night for Trinity are now current members of our Senior class. They've certainly seen the ups and downs over the past few years. But that was a pretty special Colerain team no matter how you dice it. The 97 yard TD run should have made Sportscenters top 10 that evening.
  17. Rocks beat Colerain last year 36-27 behind 290 rushing yards from Donald Brooks. Two years ago, Colerain absolutely destroyed Trinity at home. I have an Uncle in Cincinnati and talked to many of the Colerain fans last year - I remember them talking about the youth on the team in 2014. No doubt the Cards should be in position for a fun ride this year. Wishing them the best of luck and I also enjoyed the series. As usual, great hospitality when we made our trip to Colerain...and Moeller. Much respect!
  18. Well...Trinity Seniors and Dad's go to Hooters together on Thursday nights for a few wings and Thurs Night Football. Appreciate the guys and gals at Hikes Point Hooters for everything they've done over the years. The Senior guys really enjoy it.
  19. Few things to work on...missed tackles behind the line of scrimmage and a few soft spots in the underneath passing game that HC dropped (6 to 8 yard routes). From the conversations I've had, everyone in the stadium could see the same thing. But, everyone was quick to remind each other the kids only had the pads on for a few days. I thought we dominated every aspect of the game in a most impressive fashion. Defense was flying to the ball all night and gang tackling - no home run passes to be mentioned. Ground game was amazing behind he O Line and Woosley most likely had a near perfect QBR. Throw in Harper's 2nd half performance, not a bad first impression for the Rocks. Confident the staff will have plenty to talk about with the guys when they watch film today. But I do feel like the staff may have been overly excited with the way this group of guys came ready to play and execute. Looking forward to green-white game and can't wait for Ensworth at Marshall Stadium.
  20. My opinion, Rodjay was the best football player on the field by 1,000 miles. When you look at Robinson going to UK and Burns going to UL, not much of a discussion at DB or WR - chalk another win up to the Cards in that recruiting battle. Cats Pause also said HC was bringing one of the most electrifying RB'S to town. I think the kid touched the ball 3 times and didn't do anything with it. Most folks would agree, going to be hard running on this group of Shamrocks. Woosley has pretty much done it all going back to Optimist days and grade school football over the years. At times, he was QB, RB or WR on four Toy Bowl Teams at Edward. Had a great coach in former UL QB Jim Didier who encouraged him to always keep QB options open over the years. Same can be said on baseball field - can pretty much put him anywhere. In the same breath, I was really happy with the way Larry responded late in the first half and all of the 2nd half. Part of the growing up process and he certainly matured Friday night. I'll take both guys into a battle any day of the week. Compliments to Coach Cov, Coach Brohm and Coach B for the work invested in all the QB's. We look to be in good hands with Jake and Larry. Especially when our ground game was so impressive.
  21. My opinion, Rodjay was the best football player on the field by 1,000 miles. When you look at Robinson going to UK and Burns going to UL, not much of a discussion at DB or WR - chalk another win up to the Cards in that recruiting battle. Cats Pause also said HC was bringing one of the most electrifying RB'S to town. I think the kid touched the ball 3 times and didn't do anything with it. Most folks would agree, going to be hard running on this group of Shamrocks. Woosley has pretty much done it all going back to Optimist days and grade school football over the years. At times, he was QB, RB or WR on four Toy Bowl Teams at Edward. Had a great coach in former UL QB Jim Didier who encouraged him to always keep QB options open over the years. Same can be said on baseball field - can pretty much put him anywhere. In the same breath, I was really happy with the way Larry responded late in the first half and all of the 2nd half. Part of the growing up process and he certainly matured Friday night. I'll take both guys into a battle any day of the week. Compliments to Coach Cov, Coach Brohm and Coach B for the work invested in all the QB's. We look to be in good hands with Jake and Larry. Especially when our ground game was so impressive.
  22. Plenty to work on for the Rocks but once again, plenty of depth...more than enough weapons. Defense rotating guys at every position as well. Solid first half. Dalton Jones and Enzo P out nursing minor injuries at WR as well. Even more fire power coming back for green/white game next week.
  23. Love it! Nice marketing tool for the school and kids. Outstanding job. I have to say, the logo is really cool. Looks like the arrow head and spear shooting through the 'Alabama' style 'A' on the helmet. Big fan of the arrow head and spear logo...one of my favorites.
  24. Never had a chance to see him in high school but it was a pleasure watching him in college and pros. Thank you for sharing the video. Every player should try to model his life and playing career after Mr Spielman. Need more guys like that. Also had the pleasure of visiting Massillon a few times. Something EVERY high school football fan should see.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.