Everything posted by UK Fanatic
-
Great Job Officials - not sarcastically
"From the couple 9th region games I saw, the 16th region refs weren't too good. " Guarantee it.
-
Pep Bands
Not that I necessarily mind music over the PA system, but I prefer a good pep band. Really adds to the whole high school atmosphere! ... Williamstown had a heck of a pep band last time I heard them.
-
Scott/Harrison County predictions
Harrison by 8.
-
Pendleton County 73 Harrison County 71 (38th district championship)
Harrison got a little lead early on, but once Pendleton fought back, game on! A great district championship game for sure.
-
Who did not get a Senior night? List school here....
Augusta
-
Augusta 68 Robertson County 65
Final. Kayla Saner for Robertson scored her 1,000th point. Ledger article: Augusta survives Robertson County push
-
Augusta 85 Robertson County 72
Ledger Independent's article: Snapp breaks 1,000 to lead Augusta past Robertson County
-
Inside the 10th Region (1-19-15)
They may be a Region favorite, but they have to make it our of the 39th District first, which they haven't been able to do the past two seasons.
-
Augusta 71 Silver Grove 48
Final from the Lloyd Memorial Invitational. Game was tied at 27 at halftime. The Panthers got some shots to fall and picked up the intensity a bit in the second half to end their losing skid at 4. They play Iroquois Tuesday at 6:45.
-
Model 66 Augusta 62
5pm
-
Augusta 55 Newport 54
Final from Stephanie Wilson Memorial Tournament in Bellevue. Augusta will play St. Bernard in the finals Sunday at 7:00pm.
-
Has the KHSAA penalized any teams for noncompliance per Bylaw 27?
As I recall from my rules clinic (and I coach none of the sports required to post stats, so I really don't know why it was included in my clinic anyway), if a school does not keep any type of stats, then a waiver can be requested. However, it was noted they expected those waivers should be few and far between. I'm sure the number of teams on the "naughty list" is much higher than the KHSAA would expect and I would guess few if any have completed the waiver process.
-
Augusta 67 St. Patrick 65
Augusta was down a couple times but fought their way back. Sticklen for the Saints led all scorers, I believe with 32.
-
New points of emphasis - no way it is called correct.
So, can the announcer indicate who scored while the clock is running?
-
2014 Cross Country
Good field of competition at the Horse Park today at the Franklin Co. Invitational for the boys' varsity. Top 30 (who were recognized) were 17:34 and below. Winner in the upper 15:00s was from Tippecanoe out of Ohio. They won the varsity race as a team as well.
-
Bracken County opening
Official title is listed as Instructional Supervisor; Augusta is smaller and has a Director of District Services, which is probably similar. Probably not officially an asst. super, but the number two guy at central office. Back on topic ... surely a school wouldn't wait until after school was out to hire a coach (if they could help it) with all the basketball that's played in June, would they?
-
10th Region All Region Team and Coach of the Year
Yes, I believe he was Co-Coach of the Year last year with Augusta's Rebecca Arnold.
-
Regional Ref Swap
I've seen this with an extended huddle. Then in the end, it was still a double-foul. Why even huddle? I feel like you're punishing two players because the officials cannot agree. I think I'd rather see a jump ball called rather than assessing two fouls.
-
Augusta 61 Mason County 60 OT (39th District Semis)
I didn't have a great view of the block-charge play, but I've seen this instance a couple of times this year. Two officials can't agree what the call should be and each assesses a foul, then play returns from the point of interruption. I feel like by assessing a foul to each, you're punishing both players because the officials can't determine the correct call. I feel like it should be one or the other, or nothing.
-
Bishop Brossart 50 Augusta 34 (10th-All A)
Overall a good competitive game, just out of Augusta's reach against a solid Brossart team.
-
Weekly State Rankings
Thanks!
-
Weekly State Rankings
Does anyone (like the Herald Leader or Courier Journal) do weekly high school basketball rankings? If so, can someone direct me to where I can find those? I did a little searching of those two sites and couldn't find anything.
-
Mason County 86 Augusta 69
I felt it went beyond just an ACT score. Even though I wouldn't let my students do it, and it has nothing to do with the game, I can even live with that. Bottom line is that it is a school event and I have a hard time believing the principal and superintendent, who were just a few feet away, couldn't hear the inappropriate language I could hear on the opposite side of the gym.
-
Augusta 93 Pendleton County 67
I'm thinking the third was Chris Neel, but I may not be remembering correctly.
-
Augusta 73 Lloyd 57
Congratulations to Coach Hinson and the boys on the win. This was Hinson's 100th career victory. 42 of those have came while he's been at Augusta.