Everything posted by UK Fanatic
-
Augusta 59 Bracken County 46
It was an exciting game to watch. Nice job by the Polar Bears, who seemed to have a good game plan and kept themselves in the game through the 4th quarter.
-
39th District - Augusta/Bracken Co. - Broadcast
Tuesday evening at 6pm, the Augusta-Bracken district game will be broadcasted. http://www.augustaschools.net/districtNewsArticle.aspx?artID=470
-
39th District - Augusta/Bracken Co. - Broadcast
Tuesday night at 8pm, the Augusta-Bracken district game will be broadcasted. http://www.augustaschools.net/districtNewsArticle.aspx?artID=470
-
Augusta 77 Williamstown 64
The Panthers win their third game in four days and finish the regular season at 18-11.
-
Augusta 64 St. Patrick 50
Great game to watch. Congrats to the boys!
-
Augusta 90 Silver Grove 29
They were up about 12 at half. I think it was 36-24.
-
Augusta 90 Silver Grove 29
Augusta wins at Silver Grove 90-29, thanks to a big second half. The Panthers have no time to rest this week with Brossart on Tuesday, Cal Christian on Thursday, and Bracken on Friday.
-
Walton-Verona 79 Augusta 69
Two of those officials I had not seen this year before today. Unfortunately, a good portion of the officiating I've seen in the 10th region is fairly poor. I think, as a team now, Augusta has some adjustments to make. On the positive side, they still have seven or so games to make those adjustments before the district tournament.
-
Augusta 71 Burgin 42
The Panthers improve to 11-9 on the season. Augusta hit 12 3's, shooting about 50% from behind the arch. When they're hitting shots and those shots are falling for several players (I think five different players hit 3's), they're a tough team.
-
Augusta 86 Newport 74
Final from the Panther's Den.
-
Augusta 54 Silver Grove 35
Final.
-
Augusta 66 Deming 45
Nice to see Augusta not look past Deming. The first quarter was close, but the Panthers were able to pull away. Now they can focus on the Mustangs.
-
Augusta vs. Deming All-A Predictions
Deming and Augusta will meet for the second time this season on Monday. The two met in the first game of the season with Augusta winning 83-66. The Panthers can't overlook the Black Devils, as looking past teams has already hurt them this season. I'll take Augusta by 12, providing they come ready to play.
-
Tenth Region All A Postponed
The championship is on Sunday, correct? That's what was stated in the Ledger. The times seem to be different as well. http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/four-local-girls-games-called-off-due-to-snow/article_cb663cb9-2bcc-56c6-82d4-2f95a215f6ec.html
-
Thinking about a new cell phone....
iPhone
-
Bourbon County 62 Augusta 60
Missed free throws can be detrimental, particularly in a game as close as this!
-
Deming 54 Augusta 43
Agreed. I was not trying to imply Deming was "the bully" or anything like that. Augusta has a couple of girls who work so hard and seem to be on the floor a lot.
-
Augusta 74 Lloyd Memorial 67
Augusta needed this win to build some confidence and get back on the winning track.
-
Caleb Ford scores his 1000th point
Looks like he joins a select few from Harrison County. Quite an accomplishment, congratulations!
-
Two Anderson County Players Recognized
Wow, that's saying something for just being sophomores!
-
Deming 54 Augusta 43
A physical game at Deming. Augusta was up 1 at half, but I guess Deming's size and experience from their 2 seniors came into play in the 4th quarter.
-
Harrison County 77 Augusta 59
And, as referenced in a previous post, Augusta came out ineffective I guess you could call it, and got down 12-2 early. Harrison's a good basketball team, and I'm not saying Augusta should have beaten them, but I thought it could have been closer and more competitive. I'm not a coach and don't pretend to be, so I don't have an answer. Perhaps the game plan was to go for outside shots, but Augusta seemed to shoot a ton and after Krebs first two, I don't recall very many falling. I don't have stats though to back that up. The team just seems somewhat out of sorts right now.
-
Augusta / Harrison County Predictions
Augusta should have the talent and athleticism to compete with most teams in the region .... With that said, they have losses to St. Pat and Bracken, who are not near the top of the region. To have a chance, I think Augusta has to come out on all cylinders.
-
Augusta / Harrison County Predictions
Harrison County(7-6) travels to Augusta(6-4) this Tuesday for their first game in 2012. Thoughts on this one?
-
Bracken County 61 Augusta 59
No official stats. Bracken was able to control the pace of the game. I thought Augusta came out a little flat, maybe thinking that since they beat Bracken by 20 earlier in the season, it wouldn't be much of a battle. Augusta was lucky to be 50% from the free throw line tonight, which hurt was an important factor in their loss, seeing as how it was just a 2-pt game. Early on, the Panthers couldn't buy a shot. Missed several from point-blank range.