Everything posted by UK Fanatic
-
39th District Freshman Tournament Update
I know Augusta started out 3-0, defeating Brossart, Robertson, and Pendleton. I sort of lost track after that, but I do know they picked up a win over St. Pat last week.
-
39th District Freshman Tournament Update
This was postponed over the weekend due to weather. The schedule is now as follows: 2/04: Mason County vs. St. Patrick - 6pm Augusta vs. Bracken County - 7:30pm 2/07: Championship Game - 6pm Audio link for the first round games. Audio link for the championship.
-
39th District Freshman Tournament
Make-up dates, via the school website: February 04: 6:00pm - Mason County vs. St. Pat 7:30pm - Augusta vs. Bracken County February 07: 6:00pm- Championship Game
-
Augusta vs. Montgomery Co. Cancelled
Today's Montgomery County game at Augusta has been cancelled for this evening.
-
39th District Freshman Tournament
This has been postponed due to snow until the upcoming week.
-
39th District Freshman Tournament
Augusta will host on Saturday, Feb. 02. 10am - Mason vs. St. Pat 11:15 - Augusta vs. Bracken 12:30 - Championship Game Audio broadcast of the the entire tournament will be available at 39th District Freshman Tournament | Augusta Independent Schools Videos | iHigh.com.
-
Augusta 85 Bath County 64
Bach went 6/6 from the stripe; Kelsch went 6/9. That's all I heard before I walked away.
-
Augusta 85 Bath County 64
Final from the Panther's Den. Kelsch and Bach led Augusta with 34 points and 33 points respectively.
-
Robertson County 53 Covington Latin 52
Good to hear! Congrats, Robertson Co!
-
Bishop Brossart 78 Augusta 68 (10th Region Class "A" Championship)
According to the Ledger Independent Twitter feed: The Mustangs-Panthers winner advances to All "A" state at Frankfort and is awaited by 7th Region champ Louisville Collegiate. I don't know when.
-
Bishop Brossart 78 Augusta 68 (10th Region Class "A" Championship)
Good effort by Augusta, but simply couldn't overcome a smart, disciplined Brossart team. Brossart was forced to utilize their bench some because of foul trouble (not sure how many), but it didn't seem to hurt them. Augusta isn't very deep, and I think only utilized three bench players. The two teams will meet again this season though when the Mustangs visit the Panthers February 05.
-
Augusta 56 Paris 27
Final from the Panther's Den Saturday night.
-
Augusta 72 Lloyd 57
I'm not in the habit of checking individual scores afterwards, but I thought I overheard 28.
-
Augusta 77 St. Patrick 51
Augusta 77 St. Pat 51 Final from Augusta.
-
Augusta 55 St. Patrick 45
Augusta 55 St. Pat 45 Final from Augusta.
-
Boone County 59 Iroquois 47
I wasn't there to see the Iroquios-Boone game, so as just a neutral observer, it was a bit of a spectacle. I'm not familiar with Boone County, but folks have to remember one player doesn't always reflect on the program as a whole. I'm not trying to "beat up" on a kid here as I know kids don't always do a good job of controlling their tempers, but as an educator and coach though, I think one has to consider some action beyond the one or two game suspension required by KHSAA.
-
Bellevue Christmas Tournament
Play began today in the Stephanie Wilson Memorial Tournament at Bellevue Augusta 51 St. Bernard 40 Newport 52 Dayton 31 Anyone have the other scores (or at least wins and losses) from today?
-
Boone County 59 Iroquois 47
I don't know about that. I wasn't sitting real close to the court.
-
Boone County 59 Iroquois 47
There was. It occurred during the first quarter. I initially wasn't paying attention, but I believe a player was called for a personal foul. He must have said something, as a technical was assessed. He was substituted out of the game and (again, I wasn't looking) but apparently punched a chair at the end of the bench. I heard a loud bang, but wasn't actually looking that direction. He was then given his second technical, which of course means you're ejected from the game and have to sit out the next one or two games (not exactly sure of the rule). He had to be escorted, and at times restrained, by an assistant coach to the locker room. I know some of the Boone County fans were embarrassed by the incident.
-
Augusta vs. Iroquios Updates
66-63, Augusta.
-
Augusta vs. Iroquios Updates
Iroquios leads 53-38 at the end of the 3rd.
-
Augusta vs. Iroquios Updates
At the half, Iriquois up 36-19.
-
Augusta vs. Iroquios Updates
End of 1, Iroquios leads 13-7.
-
Covington Latin 56 Harrison County 52
Is this considered an upset?
-
Cooper 76 Augusta 63
Cooper was able to knock down some shots and put the ball in the basket.