Everything posted by UK Fanatic
-
St. Patrick Hire
From the Ledger Independent: Saints hire UTEP grad assistant Taylor as coach
-
Augusta 2013/2014
I can see both sides to this. Some of them who didn't get many varsity minutes, it certainly would have helped. However, most of the girls would have probably had to play both games. I can see where they might have ran out of gas by the end of the varsity game, which could have made some difference in some close games.
-
Have all ........
I wasn't aware St. Pat boys' had a coach yet.
- Augusta 2013/2014
-
Who will be next Montgomery County Basketball Coach?
What about the latest that a D1 assistant is in the running?
-
Who will be next Montgomery County Basketball Coach?
I've seen some "twitter chat" that indicated the list of finalists may be larger than three ... and someone from the 10th region was left off the list.
-
High School Athletic Director's/Coaches Teaching Responsibilities
I would say a lot depends on the size of the district. Ashland and Russell Independents I think have full-time ADs. They may have other administrative duties. I'm pretty sure at one point in time Russell's did, but not sure about the last few years. Smaller schools like St. Pat, Augusta, and Bracken Co. don't have full-time ADs. I think Augusta and St. Pat have teacher's in that role, with maybe an extra planning period. Bracken's principal serves as AD. I think Bell County's assistant principal serves as AD. So it just varies. I'm sure pay varies from district-to-district and depends on how much he/she teaches, or if it's considered a full-time adinistrative position. I would say at smaller schools where it's not full time, they pay they with either a stipend or extended days.
-
Sweet Sixteen Coaching Box
I noticed the same thing in the 10th Region Tournament. 8th Region officials rarely called a charge on calls that 10th region officials wouldn't have thought twice about.
-
Campbell County/Montgomery County 10th Region final is cancelled
The snow is supposed to be finished by in the morning. I would think that would give the main roads time to be cleared and the teams would be able to travel safely tomorrow evening, but we'll see.
-
10th Region semi's
Based upon the crowds from the first two days, I wouldn't anticipate crowd size being a big issue, but I guess you never know. Semi-finals might bring in a bigger crowd. You can go down the AA to Maysville, then take 68 towards Lexington.
-
10th Region semi's
Nicholas County HS
-
Erin Boley - FROSH in the 5th region scores 1000th point!
Terrific accomplishment!! Congrats, Erin!
-
10th Region: Montgomery County vs Nicholas County 2/25
Montgomery by 30+
-
Officials
8th region will be doing the 10th region tournament.
-
10th Region Draw results
Mon - Brossart over Bracken; Montgomery over Nicholas Tue - Augusta over Scott; Harrison over Clark Fri - Montgomery over Brossart; Augusta over Harrison Sat - Montgomery over Augusta I think Tuesday's and Friday's games will be close ones.
-
Augusta 46 Bracken County 43
Agreed.
-
Mason County 68 Bracken County 45
Mason County flat-out played the 2nd half of this one.
-
Augusta 46 Bracken County 43
While Bach did some other nice things in place of scoring, he was still on the bench a bit with foul trouble. The same can be said of Kelsch. They both certainly impacted the game, but not as much as usual. It seems like the Panthers were able to get this victory while obviously not playing their best game. Perhaps that's a good sign for Augusta. Bracken County was able to disrupt Augusta's flow and played a tough game.
-
Augusta 72 Mason County 61
From what I've heard, Mason Co. was willing to play, but did not want to come to Augusta.
-
39th District Championship: Bracken County vs. Augusta- 2/21
I know the margin of victory has decreased for Augusta each time these two have met, and I know Bracken has been on a roll as of late, but I have to believe that with Augusta fully focused, they come away with the victory. Panthers win by 10.
-
Augusta's Jerica Kelsch scores 1,000th Point
During tonight's game at Robertson County, Augusta sophomore Jerica Kelsch scored her 1,000th point.
-
Augusta 54 Calvary Christian 50
Final from Saturday afternoon. Augusta was playing without their starting point guard. Sophomore Jerica Kelsch stepped up for 35 points and went 11-11 from the line. Team improves to 12-10.
-
Augusta Panthers freshman 10th Region Champs
Without the three varsity freshmen, Augusta only has 6 freshmen players remaining. These three have played with the freshmen all season and didn't just "play down" for the tournament.
-
39th District Freshman Tournament Update
Augusta
-
39th District Freshman Tournament Update
Augusta and Mason will face each other in the championship Thursday.