Great Job Officials - not sarcastically

I thought I'd at least get on record as the first fan in history to LAUD the performance of officiating crew. 7th region semi's last night.

Not too many grade school type ticky-tack fouls.

Not too many overzealous traveling calls.

Not too many "see I'm doing something, validating my presence on the floor" calls.

The games had great flow, like a college game.

I thought I'd at least get on record as the first fan in history to LAUD the performance of officiating crew. 7th region semi's last night.

Not too many grade school type ticky-tack fouls.

Not too many overzealous traveling calls.

Not too many "see I'm doing something, validating my presence on the floor" calls.

The games had great flow, like a college game.

I couldn't stay for the second game but agree with regard to the first game last night. Thought they did a good job.

I'm not sure where the crew for the 7th region was from, but I overheard one of them in the bathroom say to another he couldn't believe he had to use the same bathroom as the patrons.

Might have been in jest, but might have been dead serious. Pretty funny either way.

If he was serious, I don't blame him. All it takes is for one nut job to be upset about a call and you get popped upside your head while having a stand up head visit. If the nut job was less violent, he might still shake you while your going and now your all messy.

All bad things.

I thought the officials did a great job this past Saturday at the Fieldhouse for 10th region games. I think they were from the 12th region??

I agree. A few calls here & there, but that's to be expected.

Much better than the crew the 10th had last year. Much better.

From the couple 9th region games I saw, the 16th region refs weren't too good.

There are 2 out of the 6 that have probably made 75% of all the calls so far in the 6 games that have been played and then one of the other 4 caught some fire for the call he made on Saturday that almost sent Cov Cath home, but other than that I don't think they have been bad. I think they were pretty consistent last night in the late game.

From the couple 9th region games I saw, the 16th region refs weren't too good.

There are 2 out of the 6 that have probably made 75% of all the calls so far in the 6 games that have been played and then one of the other 4 caught some fire for the call he made on Saturday that almost sent Cov Cath home, but other than that I don't think they have been bad. I think they were pretty consistent last night in the late game.

I agree with Devil4Life. I thought in the 4 games I have seen, the refs were consistent in what they called. Nothing stands out as glaring errors.

Edited by nkuclubbaseball19
Clarification

Just curious, but caught fire from whom?

Just curious, but caught fire from whom?

Maybe that's not the right description, but I saw some posts in the game thread about that call and there were plenty of people in the stands who didn't agree with the call. That call in particular was being talked about long after that game had ended. Being there for all 3 sessions so far, that was the most disputed call of the tournament to this point.

Explain just a fan, but I would agree 16th region been bad all year. I like the refs at the 16th region.

There were numerous calls in the Newport\CovCath game both ways that had me shaking my head trying to figure the signal and the call. Just lots of questionable\unsure calls made.