Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great Job Officials - not sarcastically

Featured Replies

This thread started out so refreshing and uplifting to the extent that people were actually commending officials and then, about half way through, all the negativity comes out. Just human nature, I guess.

  • Author
This thread started out so refreshing and uplifting to the extent that people were actually commending officials and then, about half way through, all the negativity comes out. Just human nature, I guess.

 

The nature of officiating. When done well, nothing stands out and is notable. You just remember the game.

"From the couple 9th region games I saw, the 16th region refs weren't too good. "

 

 

Guarantee it.

I thought the officials did a great job this past Saturday at the Fieldhouse for 10th region games. I think they were from the 12th region??

 

From the 12th is what I saw. Overall, I thought they did a good job. Professional, no absolutely terrible calls that I saw. And the crew tonight didn't encourage letting the coach whine in their ear for the next minute after every call he didn't like. Not that they didn't ever provide explanation to the coach, but they tended to avoid eye contact with coaches after a call. Made the call, immediately back to focusing on the game at hand.

I'm glad to hear the 12th Region refs improved after visiting another region. :D

 

I was critical of the 13th Region refs coming to do the 12th Region tournament but overall I thought they did a good if not great job. There will always be calls that I and other fans won't agree with but I felt like the flow of the game was great and calls seemed to be consistent. Yeah, my team benefitted from a correct foul call 85 feet away from the basket that resulted in free throws for the win but I was never upset with the refs through the tournament. The 13th Region referees did a good job.

I think they were from the 11th.

 

13th Region had the 11th, and they did a great job.

From the couple 9th region games I saw, the 16th region refs weren't too good.

 

Not surprised by your comments. I'm not sure who they sent but most individual refs and crews as a whole have been inconsistent all year. I think they improved from the beginning of the year to the end of the year but overall not a good year for them.

 

On a good note, so far the 9th Region refs have done a great job in the 16th Region tournament so far...IMO.

14th Region is flat awful.

Not surprised by your comments. I'm not sure who they sent but most individual refs and crews as a whole have been inconsistent all year. I think they improved from the beginning of the year to the end of the year but overall not a good year for them.

 

On a good note, so far the 9th Region refs have done a great job in the 16th Region tournament so far...IMO.

 

Me to on 9th, until last night,, I thought they where bad in both seim final games. Way to many touch foul`s . I was just watching games, didn't care who won. I hope the final is better. Let`em play .

13th Region had the 11th, and they did a great job.

 

They did ok for the boys but the girls finals was awful. If that is the best in the 1th they have a long ways to go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.