Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voice of Reason

Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voice of Reason

  1. Covington Catholic Highlands Beechwood Lloyd Cooper Simon Kenton Ryle Campbell County Dixie Heights Conner
  2. If Lafayette and Eastern had played Bryan Station's schedule, they each we would be 0-3.
  3. Ludlow losing 33-0 to Walton Verona surprised me. I expected a closer score. That makes me think Dayton wins this one by at least a couple TD's.
  4. I don't see Danville in the top 6. I think there is a gap from number 6 to number 7 (worded carefully).
  5. I am pretty sure Beechwood wore all red in a game. Maybe 8-10 years ago.
  6. Do you think this Breathitt County team is better than others in the past few years?
  7. The NCAA should overturn that Michigan result. The game was clearly over and it is easily proved or disproved. The video is there. Put a stopwatch on it.
  8. Ouch. That hurt big for All Saints. I know some people there and they are not fans of CCH at all.
  9. I will say this. I think player wise Dixie should be more competitive than they are showing. I saw a lack of discipline in the team. Coaches that whine and complain and get upset by little things in the game - that translates to the team. You have to coach past that and focus on what you and your team control. I did see some good coaching taking place on the sideline so it is a mixed bag from what I saw last night. They have some talented players. I was impressed with their running game. Gilliland is a strong back and was all over the field last night making tackles on defense. Their core players on defense are pretty solid with good size. They have good size on the line, like they always do at Dixie. They need to find an answer at QB. That will help them a lot. Their passing game was no threat and then that makes it easy to defend you. They have the potential to be better than what their record shows so far if they can figure out QB.
  10. Nice job Tigers. Who are the key players on the JV team - QB, RB, WR, defense?
  11. Thanks for that info! I can't be there but will definitely look in on the live stream.
  12. On paper, Breathitt County is the favorite in this game. Prestonsburg and Breathitt County are at about the same quality level based on their 3 game resumes this year. I expect Breathitt County to beat Hazard by a similar margin as Prestonsburg did.
  13. Finally got the time to check out the new website linked in this thread above. I agree with the other posts above. This site https://kyhssports.com/ is much more user friendly than the new KHSAA arbiter connected scoreboard.
  14. That's a good thing. If you have a playoff road trip, you don't want it to be the first time the team had to make a road trip like that.
  15. I was told this is the first time in Holy Cross history that they have been 3-0 in back to back seasons. Congrats on the success! The Indians should get an easy win this week. Then, after a bye week, they get what could be a challenge the next week when they travel to Eminence. Looking at the schedule, an undefeated season is very possible. The game at Harlan County on 10/2 is the biggest obstacle.
  16. That is the opposite of what Mayfield has been in the past. Mayfield has always been a second half team.
  17. The Beechwood Tigers have rolled to running clock wins in their first two games of the year, both games at home. This week the Tigers travel to Independence to face the Simon Kenton Pioneers, game time 7:00 pm. These two teams have been fairly regular opponents meeting for the 12th time in the last 25 years. Beechwood has won 9 of the last 11 meetings and the last 6 in a row. Simon Kenton's last victory over Beechwood was a 22-14 win in 2017. Beechwood has opened both of their first two games with kickoff returns for TD's. In game 1 it was Nathan Pabst. Last week versus Dixie Heights it was Tyler Fryman with a highlight reel return for a score. Beechwood has fantastic skilled players but the offense has been running game focused so far this season. It has been traditional football. Pound opponents on the ground, control the clock and suffocating defense. Beechwood has outscored their larger school opponents 83-3 in their first two games. The Simon Kenton Pioneers started the season with two wins in their first two games also, but they took one on the chin last week, losing 42-7 to the highly rated Covington Catholic Colonels. There is a common opponent - both the Tigers and the Pioneers have victories over Dixie Heights. Beechwood won 41-3 and Simon Kenton won 42-13. Those results make this game look like a pretty even match up. How do the Pioneers get the win and end Beechwood's 6 game wining a streak in this series?
  18. Someone please find video of this kickoff return. Absolutely incredible.
  19. Cliff's notes version ... What is better about this site? Question 2: Where do we go to get the stats for a team and its players?
  20. Surely no one thinks Danville can beat Boyle now. It would be a first half Boyle County putting a running clock on Danville. As to scheduling, Boyle hurts themselves in RPI by scheduling Danville. It serves no purpose competitively now other than renewing the "rivalry" on the field. Maybe in 2 years after the next scheduling cycle Danville will be at a higher level but not now.
  21. I don't see why any Boyle fan would get defensive about Danville comments. But as to Stonebraker, tons of credit to him for the turnaround he has accomplished at Danville.
  22. I laughed when I saw your reaction above @Tigerpride94
  23. A while back I mentioned to@MaddenCurse44 he should make that his avatar and he did it! I think it is perfect for him. People can't get bothered by his emoji mania. He is having fun in his way so we all need to take it that way - all in fun. His avatar now might be the most recognizable one on the site. Probably between him and @nkypete
  24. It is a shame that game wasn't scheduled. It would be awesome to see those two play.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.