Everything posted by Voice of Reason
-
Jaguars at Bengals Predictions/Updates
Jacksonville will be the best team the Bengals have faced this year. They need to clean up the mistakes to win this one.
-
2026 Cincinnati Bengals
Mims has been in on 116 pass block plays this season. He has faced Bain, Will Anderson, Daniels, TJ Watt. Mims has allowed ZERO pressures.
-
2026 Cincinnati Bengals
They are not bringing Jones back? Didn't they cut Jones? If no Jones, I am guessing Myers becomes the return man.
-
Campbell County at Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates
Beechwood fans are hoping for a Campbell County win to help RPI.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2026
I agree with this 100%. I have told people to watch out for Somerset ever since their scrimmage against Beechwood.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2026
True. To that end, if you think there is a clear top three, then finishing #1 is an advantage because you will only play 1 of the top 2. If you are the 2 seed, you could possibly face both #3 and #1 in the playoffs.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2026
There really isn't any advantage in 1 vs 2. The 1 and 2 seeds will have home field all the way to the state title game if they keep winning and would only face each in the state title game. The goal is finish 1 or 2.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2026
For those who study RPI, what impact does Beechwood and LCA having played 5 games and others 6 impact the numbers? Will getting a win against a district opponent add to their RPI numbers when the others have their bye week?
-
2026 Cincinnati Bengals
Observations after game 3: Missed tackles by LB are still a big problem. Carter tied for 2nd in most missed tackles and Knight also among league leaders. Battle again having missed r tackles also. Burrow has not improved in his crunch time decision making. He tries to make the big play far too often at crunch time. Sometimes you have to dump a play. We saw it again on the last drive against the Steelers. Burrow has not led a game winning drive since 2024. He has made poor decisions and taken sacks that cost the team field goal opportunities. This is the one flaw I see in Burrow's game. DE's need to step it up. I like Howell's early in his career play but need more from Mafe and the other DE"s.
-
Walton Verona at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
Thank you. Not sure what I was thinking when I added that comment.
-
Walton Verona at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
This game will put the significance of strength of schedule into full view. A quick glance of Beechwood at 5-0 and Walton Verona at 4-1 says this could be a battle to the end. A look at each teams opponents changes that view quickly. Beechwood's first four wins were over 6A top ten ranked Simon Kenton, 5A Dixie Heights, 4A top 5 ranked Covington Catholic and highly ranked Indian Hill OH. Walton Verona's five opponents have a total of 9 wins on the season. Factor in strength of schedule and it is hard to see Walton Verona avoiding a running clock. Beechwood fans take note - kickoff for this game is listed as 7:30, not the usual home kickoff time of 7:00.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
Steelers week clearly bothers most Bengals fans. I guess I have seen too many of them. Already thinking about next week.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
I like the high expectations. Beating the Steelers on the road would have been very big. Lost because of a couple special teams mistakes. I don't call that laying an egg.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
They ran the ball down the Bengals throat all day. Strength of the defense to start the year was d-line. They let us down this week. Dex got no help on the line today. DE's made one play - Mafe chased down Warren to save a TD. That was impressive speed shown by Mafe.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
Meaning what? Beforre the season the thought was if the Bengals go 2-2 in their first four they are in good shape. Get the home win next week against the Jags and I'll be very happy with that season start.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
Good game. Too many mistakes. More by the coaches than the players. Trying to block a punt with a 3 point lead at that point in this game was a terrible call by the coaches. Defense exposed. Never thought the Steelers would be able to run the ball like that.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
Chase is unstoppable on the crossing routes. Just need to be careful about a pick
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
What is #37 doing? Fall on the ball!!
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
Our DE's have got to stop rushing so deep.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
By the way, I really like Ross Tucker and Ian Eagle.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
There's the Gesicki play I was looking for when T made his TD catch.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
That TD is on the Bengals coaching staff.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
Why put the rush on the punter? Bad call by coach. Bengals were about to take control of the game.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
First thought .... HUH?! But then it became clear they were trying to draw them offsides. That seems to be a bit of a trend in the NFL. Try to get the penalty to get the ball to the 1 and then go for it. No penalty ... call the TO and kick it.
-
Steelers 30 Bengals 27
I was right! Did you see Gesicki was right there first to congratulate T after that spectacular catch. 🙃