Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voice of Reason

Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voice of Reason

  1. I feel a Gesicki moment coming.
  2. This game feels like 2025. Golden is going to need to mix things up a little more this week in defensive play calling. Sitting in the 4 man rush all day is not going to get it done.
  3. Once again arbiter and KHSAA fail online. Simple inquiry. I wanted to see football district standings. Multiple clicks and searches on khsaa.org only to get to the link for the district football standings and get this: Error 404 - Not found Sorry, the page you requested could not be found. You have reached a page that does not exist on the KHSAA web site. Likely this error is caused by seeking a file that is not due to be published at this time but will be published as we get closer to that sports season and its post-season play Then I went to the new https://kyhssports.com/ website and in two clicks I had the standings.
  4. Without deep dive look, I disagree. Off the top of my head I'll say there are maybe 15 schools in the state that deal with this. For the other 215 or so schools in the state, district play is good.
  5. Interesting game choice for homecoming.
  6. Obviously don't wish injury on anyone, but I think that is going to be an improvement for the Bengals passing game.
  7. It was a scramble - best ball.
  8. Eastern really fell apart in the second half. They are now 4-1 but schedule the rest of the way will be challenging if they want to get to .500 for the first time in more than a decade.
  9. Coming into the season I was most concerned about our linebackers, but now I am most concerned o-line. But we must add that the Texans have arguably the best pass rushing tandem in the NFL and a great defense. The Texans had 2 sacks and 13 pressures last week against the Bills.
  10. Sorry G, I usually comment on the action but I golfed today.
  11. Here are the Beechwood stats: https://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams/Game/93388416/1421/5466923/93?showStats=5466923 Queen 20/24 200 yards and 2 TD Pabst 25 carries 159 yards 3 TD's; 5 catches 46 yards 2 TD's Fryman 10 carries 24 yards 1 TD; 13 catches 129 yards Cov Cath stats not posted yet
  12. My goodness. How big is that left guard for LCA?
  13. Senior OT/DE Kingston Brockett. He is having an awesome year. He is a fantastic athlete - size, speed and athleticism. I could see him as a TE or pass rush DE in college.
  14. Beechwood is riding high after getting a win over arch rival Covington Catholic. From that game the Tigers now enter district play undefeated with a 4-0 record. Beechwood will hop on the bus and head to Owen County to face the 2-2 Rebels. Game time will be 7:00 pm. Beechwood's three headed monster of QB Emmett Queen, WR Tyler Fryman and RB Nathan Pabst have been spectacular behind a standout offensive line. It is difficult to see anything Owen County can do to slow down the Tiger attack. Beechwood's defense had not allowed a TD before last night's Covington Catholic game. That will surely get back on track and look to post another shutout in this game. Owen County had last week off. They have wins over Grant County and Trimble County. Their two losses are to two teams who are undefeated as this is posted - Carroll County and Dayton. Owen County's leading rusher and tackler is Senior Austin Young.
  15. To quote myself and add to this - another good example of what hedge funds do is Frisch's. The hedge fund bought the real estate. They could care less about the restaurants and we all saw what happened over time. And I will add - the new Frisch's that reopened in Ft. Wright Orphanage Road is killing it. That parking lot has been packed from open to close. I drove by the other night at 9:30 and the lot was still full. It wasn't a Frisch's problem. Not food quality. Not service. It was a hedge fund that wanted to drain every penny they could out of the real estate they bought.
  16. I am not so sure. The game plan won them the game. I don't think Fryman ran one long pass route until the big catch on the last drive. And that play won the game for them. I am sure there was a reason for that game plan. Bottom line - Tigers win so that makes it the right plan.
  17. This is what happens when hedge funds buy "assets". They only care about the money. They don't care about operations, services or anything else - only if they make more money. LHL is owned by a hedge fund.
  18. I think Somerset is a dangerous team. They gave Beechwood all they could handle in a pre-season scrimmage and won that scrimmage on the scoreboard. They could surprise some people at playoff time.
  19. The top challenger is Owensboro Catholic. They won't be able to stop the Beechwood offense but they may be able to outscore it. Their offense is right there with the Tigers. The Tigers will need to fix the holes in their defense that Cov Cath exposed last night.
  20. Two big plays for CCH. A 66 yard TD pass and a 80 yard TD run. There's 146 of the 212 yards right there.
  21. Gilliland is a really good player. Both sides of the ball. RB and LB.
  22. Impressive win for the Pioneers.
  23. I am guessing with that score, the game was stopped in the first half, maybe even first quarter? Tough to count that as an official game if that is correct.
  24. FOX 19 has video of the Fryman diving catch. It is a beauty of a catch.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.