Everything posted by Voice of Reason
-
Hunter Greene
Cannot trade him now. He has to have success and create value. If he can get back to his pre-injury form, then you can get talent for him in a trade. The players to trade are the ones that are gone next year for sure. And maybe somebody who will be gone after next year. The talented players you have control of contractually and can manage your payroll with need to stay here. With this caveat - if you get a great offer, anyone can be traded. The other factor is this. Do you trust the judgment of Nick Krall and his scouts? Keep the team as is. Clean house in the front office. That is what needs to be blown up. Let a new front office come in and decide who stays and who goes.
-
Scottie Scheffler Arrested at PGA
Not to get off topic, but this brings a question to mind that you might have insight on. What are the capabilities of police tracking motorists fleeing the police by using drones instead of high speed chases?
-
2026 World Cup
That misplay on goal 3 was as bad as it gets, embarrassingly bad. But 4 guys standing around letting a pop up drop in the box was almost as bad. Three of Belgium's 4 goals were amateurish mistakes by the US.
-
2026 World Cup
Agree. US totally dominated by Belgium. No what ifs in this one. Belgium clearly better in every way. The US battled and looked better in the second half, but Belgium was playing defense. I think the US had 2, maybe 3, shots on goal in the entire match and one was the free kick goal.
-
Cincinnati Reds (July 2026)
A lot of talk about the bullpen but I feel the lack of offense is the bigger issue. The lack of offense puts pressure on the bullpen. Every inning our bullpen pitches is pressure packed because there are no easy wins with this team. Every game is close or playing from behind. That takes a toll on the pitching staff.
-
2026 World Cup
Tough choice between Pickford and Bellingham.
-
2026 World Cup
Two great goal keeper performances in today's matches.
-
2026 World Cup
Norway with the upset win over Brazil! Haaland scores 2 goals. Very entertaining match.
-
2026 World Cup
The flops and constant whining/lobbying for calls is totally irritating. The nature of the sport allows a player to flop around on the ground for 30 seconds without having to worry about it hurting his team. I watch the "hurt" player to see how fast he gets up, how he runs after he gets up. At least 75% of the time the "hurt" player is soon back in action running around like nothing happened. Flopping is a distraction to the match and absolutely an integrity issue. Soccer is using video review to hand out yellow cards to floppers (simulation is what they call it in soccer), but they need to get more strict on it. In a match yesterday, Mbappe got smacked on the hand by a Paraguay player as they were running alongside each other. Mbappe dropped to the ground like he had just been knocked out by Tyson. He laid on the ground for another 15-30 seconds. Ridiculous. He was in an area where a foul and free kick could lead to a goal. Clearly trying to get that free kick. That should be a yellow card. They can issue yellow cards in post match reviews of the game. They need to get more aggressive in handing out yellow cards for those acts of simulation.
-
Open Job: Michigan
We have our Billy Donovan answer. He just signed on to become assistant head coach with the San Antonio Spurs.
-
2026 Soccerama
I am not doubting you. Looking for details. What makes it better?
-
Which football programs made the best new hires for head coach this year?
Honaker is going to be a very interesting follow for me. So many people have sung his praises over the years. He will have talent to work with at Campbell County.
-
2026 NBA Free Agency
True. But besides that, everything else for Ja will be better in Portland.
-
What Are You Reading: 2026
The movie gets 87% on Rotten Tomatoes. Made in 2018 and bombed in theaters despite great reviews.
-
Cincinnati Reds (June 2026)
Yes, I think he went 14 or 15-1 before he hurt his arm.
-
Cincinnati Reds (June 2026)
If he repeats that first half performance, it will be the greatest rookie season by any pitcher in Reds history. He probably has an innings limit that he will hit at some point.
-
NCAA 5 in 5 Rule
I think it is meant to remove subjectivity from eligibility and stop the lawsuits.
-
Pompilios
There was a time when I worked close by and ate at Pompilios regularly. First place I ever had tortellini, and it is still my favorite pasta today. Went there with another couple before the Journey concert a couple weeks ago. First time I had been there in probably twenty years. I had heard it has slipped, so I was leery about what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised! I ordered the Italian sampler and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Italian sausage on the dish was excellent. Also really liked the lasagna. My wife also got the Italian sampler and she enjoyed the lasagna so much she said that's what she would order fhe next time we go there. Their meatballs were excellent. They still give you that basket of plain white bread and they could certainly do a lot more with that. But that is the way they have always served bead. I like sweet pasta sauce and Pompilios sauce was better than I remembered. Seems like I have seen it in a grocery store before and it was good enough that the next time I go to the grocery, I'm going to look for it. If you're looking for the ambiance of an Italian restaurant, I think Pompilios is one of the best around. I love the old style wooden booths. As to prices, look at the prices at some of these Italian restaurants in Cincinnati. It is crazy they can charge what they do for pasta. Compared to those places, Pompilios is a bargain. As I said at the start of this, I had heard that Pompilios had slipped, but it was great the night that I was there.
-
Cincinnati Reds (June 2026)
Lowe, yes. Friedl, if someone wants him, see ya. Stephenson, doubt it. More likely Trevino is traded. Bleday, zero chance the Reds let him go. He is the player the Reds should be trading for in dump deals.
-
Cincinnati Reds (June 2026)
What payroll can they dump? Would anyone take Suarez? The only other player on the team making more than $10M is Brady Singer. They could probably dump him.
-
NCAA 5 in 5 Rule
The lawsuits have already been filed by players in this category who say the 5 in 5 rule should go into effect immediately and include them.
-
Sorsby granted an injunction
I don't think he has any chance winning a lawsuit against a professional league - NFL, CFL, etc. NCAA, he has already won there. It is Texas Tech or no football this year. Or maybe some pro league like an arena league team will take him to get the attention?
-
Cincinnati Reds (June 2026)
Yes, they have to work their way out of a hole, but the season is only halfway finished. Tons of time to move up the standings.
-
Tyler Fryman (Beechwood '27) Recruiting
Yes and no. God given athletic ability and talent is a big factor. In football especially, pure talent equals performance as much if not more so than skill. I am not minimizing developing skills but for some people, if you have that special athletic ability it can give an advantage that no amount of work can overcome.
-
2026 Kentucky Wildcats
Football and baseball for Fryman.