Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pompilios

Featured Replies

Looking at the Frisch's thread, I feel compelled to share how disappointed I have been in Pompilios the last few years. I used to love that place. I worked there in 1995 as a bus boy. It just is so bland, dated, and expensive now. A shell of what it once was.

Not what I want to read. Supposed to take my dad there tomorrow for his birthday. 

There was a time when I worked close by and ate at Pompilios regularly. First place I ever had tortellini, and it is still my favorite pasta today. Went there with another couple before the Journey concert a couple weeks ago. First time I had been there in probably twenty years. I had heard it has slipped, so I was leery about what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised!

I ordered the Italian sampler and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Italian sausage on the dish was excellent. Also really liked the lasagna. My wife also got the Italian sampler and she enjoyed the lasagna so much she said that's what she would order fhe next time we go there. Their meatballs were excellent. They still give you that basket of plain white bread and they could certainly do a lot more with that. But that is the way they have always served bead.

I like sweet pasta sauce and Pompilios sauce was better than I remembered. Seems like I have seen it in a grocery store before and it was good enough that the next time I go to the grocery, I'm going to look for it.

If you're looking for the ambiance of an Italian restaurant, I think Pompilios is one of the best around. I love the old style wooden booths. 

As to prices, look at the prices at some of these Italian restaurants in Cincinnati. It is crazy they can charge what they do for pasta. Compared to those places,  Pompilios is a bargain.

As I said at the start of this, I had heard that Pompilios had slipped, but it was great the night that I was there.

Edited by Voice of Reason

I haven't been for about three years but the last couple of times I went I was very satisfied.

How was it @sportsfan41?

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I haven't been for about three years but the last couple of times I went I was very satisfied.

How was it @sportsfan41?

Going at 4 today. I’ll let you know. 

Dad said it was the best Lasagna he had ever had. I had the Italian sampler and saved my meatball and Lasagna for later. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their food. Service was great. Prices weren’t too high but also not cheap. Overall it was a great experience and we will definitely go back at some point. 
 

For what it’s worth we typically do not eat out very often. 

When I was growing up I used to go to Pompilios all the time with my grandma, and it was not bad.   The last few times I've been there, I was less than impressed.  Mediocre food, not worth the wait.  A restaurant that is trying to coast off its appearance in a movie nearly 40 years ago.

I'm a lifelong friend of one of the owners, so I'm biased.  I will say that they have done what they have been able to do while being responsible financially.  I think often times, memories make things seem better than they were in the past and hamper our appreciation of the present.  Colonel Pomp's Bar is a great addition, emphasizing the outside for Bocce leagues and music is great.  The food is very good.  The cost to get ingredients, the cost of making the food, AND keeping the quality at a specific price point is a delicate dance.  I love going there.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.