Everything posted by Pirate Pride
-
Miles Simpson to UK??
Why go to Illinois to play for Zook when he likely won't keep his job?
-
Could Miles Simpson be on Kelly's radar?
UofL has momentum simply because they have hired a new head coach? I know Strong has picked up some commits for 2011. He also lost the his only 4 star the other day - the WR. If a UK fan was talking up the "momentum" under these circumstances, they would get dogged by the faithful here. I think its a positive step to ax SK and get Strong, but not sure how that puts UofL in a great position for Simpson.
-
All State Football Team of the Decade
David Jones from Belfry may deserve a mention at DB?4 I agree though the list is excellent. Lots of success stories there.
-
Could Miles Simpson be on Kelly's radar?
Yeah Louisville has a ton of momentum sitting home and watching UK play in a bowl this Christmas. I like the Strong hire, but that statement seems a bit premature.
-
Sheldon Clark 36 Russell 14
Belfry v Sheldon Clark on Pond Creek. Pirates need to get healthy fast!
-
Belfry 34 Sheldon Clark 13
Big win for Belfry here. Sounds like they took advantage of turnovers and played good defense after the initial Sheldon Clark score. Was nice to see the young QB with a strong game. 3-4 passing with a couple scores and the long run late in the game. Looks like Belfry is poised for a deep playoff run.
-
Mr. Football after 8 weeks
This is a tough thing to vote on. For example, I am a Belfry fan and have followed that program this year. Thomas Varney has been VERY impressive. I haven't seen any of the other kids play. I know Thomas isn't a D1 prospect, but he has been nuts against a pretty decent schedule. I guess, if I have to give it to a kid I haven't seen play, I am going with McSheara. He has been lights out at a high level against some good teams.
-
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry 10/16
Belfry seems to be a bit inconsistent this season, but they have played well at times against what I thought was good competition. I like Haywood in this one. Belfry - 33 Sheldon Clark - 20
-
Best LB'ers in Ky.
The kid from Bryan Station - Crutcher I believe is supposed to be a stud!
-
Belfry 54 Pikeville 20
9 straight seasons.
-
Mr. Football after 5 weeks
I will 2nd JD_If_U_Please's Motion Thomas Varney from Belfry. Guys, I don't have his stats right now, but Belfry has finally put together a schedule that is worthy. After a "good" game against undeafeated 2A contender Prestonsburg, he has but up MASSIVE numbers againt Boyd Co. (over 200 yards) Ashland (over 200 yards) Letcher Co. Central (over 200 yards against ranked 5A team) and now Whitley Co. (over 300 yards AND 47 points scored!!!!!!! against ranked 5A school) He is killing quality competition.
-
Belfry 53 Whitley County 23
I think it is a rebuilding year as well. Anytime your defensive Captain is a Sophmore, your rebuilding. Both Belfry linebackers Friday night were FRESHMEN! I think Haywood and his staff are doing a GREAT job this season. The roster is not stocked with typical talent, but they are playing inspired football. Thomas Varney is playing out of his mind right now. Its fun to follow this bunch.
-
Belfry 53 Whitley County 23
I am shocked. WOW. Go Belfry!
-
Belfry 24 Letcher Central 20
Great job Pirates! I don't mean to be a complete downer. Belfry is young at many positions but as always there are many Senior contributors. Varney will be gone next season for example as will Chancey Sisco and others. I think Belfry needs to keep their eye on THIS SEASON. The Pirates will probably be a bit outmatched deeper into the playoffs but I think playing this great schedule will have them battle tested. All they can do is keep playing as hard as possible, and keep listening to coach.
-
Ashland 28 Russell 7
Ashland has seen both Belfry and Russell now. Based on the scores and stats alone, I have to think Belfry is a couple touchdowns better than Russell. Is that a fair assumption Ashland fans?
-
Belfry 28 Boyd County 14
Belfry's offense is more advanced than the defense at this time. I think the lack of size/strength is more apparent on the defense than offense. Belfry moved the football at will. They just need to improve at execution. There is a lot to be positive about. The young Soph QB - Williams - looks promising.
-
Ashland's Rashard Carter gone from team
This kid needs to play. Foster parents? Folks, we need to all take a step back and get behind the young man. 99% of us have no clue. Football might be normalcy for this young man. It might be the ONLY normalcy for this young man.
-
Sheldon Clark 6 Breathitt County 0
Sounds like Hager was eating clock and playing keep way just like his ole coach Haywood. He learned from the best. Perhaps he is now coming into his own as a head coach. HUGE win for Sheldon Clark. If the pupil can't beat the teacher this year, it will never happen. And that goes for Matney and Hager!
-
Boyd County vs Belfry, Pike County Bowl
Its not sandbagging. Watusi just saw what I did. Not your usual Belfry team guys. That said, I like Belfry by a couple scores. Belfry - 28 Boyd - 14
-
Prestonsburg 28 Belfry 21
Belfry will improve. Coach will get the best he can out of the kids. But all the improvement in the world won't turn 140lb tailbacks into bigger kids. I am looking forward to seeing them develope. I know they will get better and I think it will be fun to follow.
-
*Scribe's Week One Notebook*
Just to add to what Scribe posted. Belfry lost its first regular season contest since the 2006 season.
-
Prestonsburg 28 Belfry 21
Coach Haywood just doesn't have the studs this season. They will compete, but Belfry could lose 5 or 6 games this year. Congrats Prestonsburg.
-
3A #4 Belfry vs. 2A #8 Prestonsburg Predictions
I will be in attendance tonight. Looking forward to seeing if all new (for the most part) Pirates can step up and play at a high level. The consensus seems to be that Belfry will be down relatively speaking. They are certainly expected to be small. A "down" Belfry team should be on equal footing with this Prestonsburg team. Talent being equal, I'll take Coach Haywood to make the difference. Belfry - 27 Prestonsburg - 21
-
Countdown to kickoff!
50 days.
-
Has Belfry Hired a Replacement at D-Cord?
Coach Mickey retired some time ago. Anyone moved up or hired to fill that role?