Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry 28 Boyd County 14

Featured Replies

I expected this one to be a much bigger margin of vctory for Belfry. Congrats to Belfry on the win an I will still say that Boyd is not a bad football team at all and will end up beating some teams before all is said and done.

Belfry's offense is more advanced than the defense at this time. I think the lack of size/strength is more apparent on the defense than offense.

 

Belfry moved the football at will. They just need to improve at execution. There is a lot to be positive about. The young Soph QB - Williams - looks promising.

I dodn't like saying negative on here when talking about coaches, but Boyd County's coaches gift wrapped this one for the Pirates. They let Varney run wild just like Matt Thomas did 2 years ago. They failed to make any half time adjustments, and Belfry all but begged Boyd County to pass with no safteys back, yet Boyd County still insisted on running the ball with Belfry crowding the line. I think Ashland will roll over both of these teams. I'm just glad Belfry gets them 1st.

I dodn't like saying negative on here when talking about coaches, but Boyd County's coaches gift wrapped this one for the Pirates. They let Varney run wild just like Matt Thomas did 2 years ago. They failed to make any half time adjustments, and Belfry all but begged Boyd County to pass with no safteys back, yet Boyd County still insisted on running the ball with Belfry crowding the line. I think Ashland will roll over both of these teams. I'm just glad Belfry gets them 1st.

 

I said the same thing about last weeks game. BC changed offense, but still the same predictable calls. All they have known for the past 3 or 4 yrs is QB right and QB left.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the broadcast on wmyt to down load. I cant doit at work.

I do wish they would they would spread it out more fire marshall bill. The more people you have involved the better. It creates more guessing.

I thought this would be a larger margin of victory. Either Belfry is not as good as years past or Boyd is much better than I figured them to be.:idunno:

I thought this would be a larger margin of victory. Either Belfry is not as good as years past or Boyd is much better than I figured them to be.:idunno:

 

Perhaps a little of both 16th. One thing which I believe most agree upon though is Belfry is historically will be more inclined to lose a game early in the season rather than later.

 

Since the 2000 season, Belfry cumulatively looses 20% of its game per season. The first 3 games of a season during that same time span, the Pirates fall 26%. All teams though, typically will play better in game two than they do in the opening game.

 

The last team to hand Belfry a loss in the first three games of a season was none other than Ashland, back in 2006.

 

Overall composite record between these two programs has Ashland out in front 15 – 2. Belfry though has notched a championship or two since the Tomcats have claimed the top honor.

I just can't get over Lee Evans being an offensive coach and couldn't see that Belfry wasn't even bothering to cover the pass. But no.9 would've ran down any pass we could have completed, still they weren't covering it.

I did however enjoy Boyd County playing like they could still win, down 28-14 and 30 seconds left in the game, talk about refusing to quit.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.