Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd County vs Belfry, Pike County Bowl

Featured Replies

Belfry and Boyd Co each will be looking for their first win of the season this Friday Night. They meet up in the 8:30 nightcap game of the first night of the 2009 Pike County Bowl at Belfry's Cam Stadium.

 

Belfry lost to Prestonsburg 28-21 last week while Boyd Co dropped a close one to Raceland 27-26.

If BC recievers can get open and hold on to the ball BC will win.

Belfry in a blow out.

 

I hope Boyd can keep it respectable, but I agree:thumb:

In 2003, I recall an underdog Boyd team playing at Belfry and coming out of there with the W…18 - 0. The only relevance here and now is Boyd again will find itself in the underdog role. FWIW…in 03, it was Belfry’s opening game and Boyd already had a win under their belt.

 

On paper and on the field, the Pirates should run rampant over the Lions…especially if Boyd hasn’t learned to play the entire 4 quarters.

  • Author

Don't pick this Belfry team to blow out anyone right now. They are young and they played this week like a green team with only 1 scrimmage under their belts. They still have some growing pains to go through.

 

Expect a close game.

I think Belfry is just too much for Boyd Co. this time.

 

I hope the Lions prove me wrong.

I will take Belfry by 1 TD...

Belfry by 3 TD's despite the bag of sand anchored to 2C.

This could be a very good game. I will take Belfry in this one.

 

Belfry 21

Boyd 14

I can see Boyd Co. in a upset, but I will not go that far, Belfry 20-18 in a very very close game. Boyd Co. is pretty good in many ways I thought the Lions out played the Rams until the end, but a lose is a lose.

Its not sandbagging. Watusi just saw what I did. Not your usual Belfry team guys.

 

That said, I like Belfry by a couple scores.

 

Belfry - 28

Boyd - 14

If BC recievers can get open and hold on to the ball BC will win.

 

Youre joking right? When does BC pass the ball?

In 2003, I recall an underdog Boyd team playing at Belfry and coming out of there with the W…18 - 0. The only relevance here and now is Boyd again will find itself in the underdog role. FWIW…in 03, it was Belfry’s opening game and Boyd already had a win under their belt.

 

On paper and on the field, the Pirates should run rampant over the Lions…especially if Boyd hasn’t learned to play the entire 4 quarters.

 

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Boyd come out with the win at Pikeville's field. However, if you recall David Jones was completely in field running for a TD three times and pull up with a Hamstring. Belfry lost due to being out of shape. They never lost another game the rest of the season. Belfry is known to look rough in their first game of the season.

 

Boyd County actually beat two state championship teams, two years in a row and were their only loss of the season. (Belfry 2003, Russell 2004) Of course Boyd didnt finish with a winning season either year.

 

Boyd County's depth will hurt them all season. It was no excuse against Raceland, because they had about the same amount of players, but I am sure that Belfry has quite a few more.

 

Good luck to both teams. Hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Youre joking right? When does BC pass the ball?

 

They throw it, not all the time, but they do.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.