John Hardin 73 Bourbon County 53 (2A Classic Championship)

Sounds like Bourbon County ran out of gas. John Hardin will roll Elizabethtown, imo. Their (ETown) schedule is suspect, 10 of their 15 wins are against teams with losing records. I honestly can't see them playing close with John Hardin.

Sounds like Bourbon County ran out of gas. John Hardin will roll Elizabethtown, imo. Their (ETown) schedule is suspect, 10 of their 15 wins are against teams with losing records. I honestly can't see them playing close with John Hardin.

While I mostly agree, it is worth noting that just 2.5 weeks ago, everyone was basically saying they didn't know about John Hardin, thinking they might not be that great against a suspect schedule. And then they started dropping bodies.

While I mostly agree, it is worth noting that just 2.5 weeks ago, everyone was basically saying they didn't know about John Hardin, thinking they might not be that great against a suspect schedule. And then they started dropping bodies.

That's true, but I believe most of the talk about John Hardins schedule stemmed from last seasons early exit in the sweet 16.

I get the feeling that people wanted to blame the early exit on the less than stellar schedule. But anyone can get upset and knocked out early in a tournament like the sweet 16. A telling stat is that with what I wouldn't call a terrible schedule, John Hardin is undefeated and leads the state in margin of victory.

That's true, but I believe most of the talk about John Hardins schedule stemmed from last seasons early exit in the sweet 16.

I get the feeling that people wanted to blame the early exit on the less than stellar schedule. But anyone can get upset and knocked out early in a tournament like the sweet 16. A telling stat is that with what I wouldn't call a terrible schedule, John Hardin is undefeated and leads the state in margin of victory.

Just go watch John Hardin, you will leave believing they are one of the top 3 teams in the state and maybe the best.

Just go watch John Hardin, you will leave believing they are one of the top 3 teams in the state and maybe the best.

My only chance to likely see them would be at Rupp. Was hoping today's game would have a video broadcast but I haven't found one if there was. I do believe they are top three in the state though without seeing them. Which is why I think they will roll an undefeated Elizabethtown team.

My only chance to likely see them would be at Rupp. Was hoping today's game would have a video broadcast but I haven't found one if there was. I do believe they are top three in the state though without seeing them. Which is why I think they will roll an undefeated Elizabethtown team.

I've saw 18 of the top 20, excluding E'town and St. X, They are for real. Right now I believe them and Ballard are neck and neck for the top spot.

Haven't had the opportunity to see JH or Etown, but would love to see that game.

As for the weak schedule for Etown....it seems a lot of folks think a weak schedule = a lesser team. That's not a logical conclusion. The only thing a weak schedule truly tells us is that Etown hasn't had the opportunity to really prove themselves yet. So we simply don't know how good they are or aren't.

All of which makes their game with John Hardin all the more intriguing. For Elizabethtown, it will be their chance to prove they aren't a "paper tiger"...

CM

Presently John Hardin is 55-1 over the last two seasons with their only loss being in the first round of the 2019 Sweet 16 at the hands of eventual semi-finalist Campbell County by only 1 point, 61-60.

Campbell County lost to eventual state champs Trinity by 2, 42-40.

A few different bounces of the ball here and there and we could be talking about a state champion team that is presently 59-0 over the last two seasons.

While we’re not, it’s still incredibly impressive that a team that ended their regular season last season unblemished is now on course to very possibly do it again with 12 more regular season games on their schedule which also includes two meetings with their other 5th Region rival E-Town who are also presently undefeated.

No matter what anyone says about whether or not John Hardin is truly the Number 1 team in the state, still it’s nothing to sneeze at with such an incredible feat that they are presently accomplishing.

Almost all teams have an off night, and even some of the best drop one here and there, but something is really going right with John Hardin’s basketball program to keep those kids so focused to never falter.

I for one am highly impressed with them, and win or lose the Sweet 16 this season, I still think that what we’re seeing here with them is legendary.

Here's a chance to take a look at them from the semis of the 2A Classic.