Survivor 40: Winners at War

rjs4470

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is no doubt that its true. My buddy and I haven't been talking about it for weeks after we speculated that's what it would be.

Should be an amazing season that couldn't have came at a better time for Survivor. This season would rank towards the bottom for me, so nice to have a great bounce back. Can't wait!

As for season 40, if they don't vote Rob and Sandra off immediately, they are all idiots.

I'd love to see Rob last on the show for a little while, but strategically, you have to take him out. Especially with his wife on the show too. His only hope would be convincing them that he needs to stay a least through the first vote or two because of the great shelter he can build them.

Lots of threats on this season though.

Hopefully they strip out some of the extra fluff that seems to have gotten in the game. This does sound promising though.

I hope that they do too and let the "characters" be more of the story, but I don't think they will. Bringing back Extinction Island shows that the extra fluff probably isn't going anywhere. And they had something about coins in the preview last night. Not sure what that was.

I'd like to see less Idols, not get rid of them but less of them. I'd also like to cut them off with about 7 contestants remaining, I hate seeing someone skate to the end because they found an idol.

Co-workers and I were saying to cut it off at at least six, but yeah, we are on the same page there.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to see less Idols, not get rid of them but less of them. I'd also like to cut them off with about 7 contestants remaining, I hate seeing someone skate to the end because they found an idol.

I understand the idols and advantages keep alliances from just steamrolling and taking over the show. I just wish there was more work and effort required to finding them. It still just seams crazy that people can just wander around the island and find idols. I can’t find my wallet quickly in my house, but contestants can’t easily find idols hidden away in the jungle.

I understand the idols and advantages keep alliances from just steamrolling and taking over the show. I just wish there was more work and effort required to finding them. It still just seams crazy that people can just wander around the island and find idols. I can’t find my wallet quickly in my house, but contestants can’t easily find idols hidden away in the jungle.

It would appear that they have definitely made them a little easier to find a times. I wonder how long some of them actually spend looking for them though. They really don't have much else to do for days at a time once the shelter is all squared away and it seems like they have enough food (at least they don't show them fishing and getting fruit anymore).

It would appear that they have definitely made them a little easier to find a times. I wonder how long some of them actually spend looking for them though. They really don't have much else to do for days at a time once the shelter is all squared away and it seems like they have enough food (at least they don't show them fishing and getting fruit anymore).

I can only imagine how little there really is to do around camp, so I'm sure the contestants have plenty of time just to search around. And we don't really know how big the camp area really is.

Now that you mention it, food really doesn't seem to be much of an issue anymore. Even fire seems easy. Early in the show people were always hungry, and being the food provider was a sure way to give yourself a chance to stay in the game. And there were tribes that struggled for a long time to get fire. The "survive" part of the game really isn't a huge part of the game nowadays.

I can only imagine how little there really is to do around camp, so I'm sure the contestants have plenty of time just to search around. And we don't really know how big the camp area really is.

Now that you mention it, food really doesn't seem to be much of an issue anymore. Even fire seems easy. Early in the show people were always hungry, and being the food provider was a sure way to give yourself a chance to stay in the game. And there were tribes that struggled for a long time to get fire. The "survive" part of the game really isn't a huge part of the game nowadays.

I don't think it's a big part of the game anymore too, but I do think it is still there to somewhat an extent, but the producers have made it even less a part of the game...that we see.