5A #3 Scott County at 5A #1 Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Scott County at Frederick Douglass Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Scott County at Frederick Douglass Who wins?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There hasn't been much debate over the last few years. Scott County has been the premier team in Central KY it seems. Other than a 3 game losing streak to Lafayette when they were at their peak, no one else seems to be able to string together much against them. Douglass is 1-3 and lost in the playoffs twice to Scott County.

That might change this year, but I think it would take more than one regular season win to change who is the most prominent program in Central KY.

From other threads on BGP:

Scott County at Frederick Douglass - I couldn't settle on one, so we're doubling up this week. Like I mentioned above, this class has been lacking separation so far. Here is a huge opportunity for one of these teams to achieve some. Frederick Douglass' meteoric rise over the past two and a half seasons has been stunted by the Cardinals. Scott County has taken three of the four prior meetings, including both season ending playoff games for the Broncos. Scott County's trio of Philip Garner, Bronson Brown, and Jeremy Hamilton have combined for over 1,300 yards rushing and 23 TDs on 10.6 ypc. Douglass counters with a run defense allowing just 31 yards per game. This is almost assuredly the first of two meetings for these new age rivals. Friday's result will determine home field for the inevitable playoff rematch, and set the stage for what will certainly be a hostile environment for the visitor.

Scott County at Frederick Douglass - These two have developed a pretty severe distaste for one another in just two and a half short seasons. This is probably just the appetizer before the main course in November, but that doesn't mean its not important or will be approached with any less intensity. On the line - home field advantage for the inevitable playoff rematch, and possibly the #1 ranking in 5A for Scott County (FD currently holds it).

FD and Scott County will tell us who the #1 team in 5A is, for now at least. This one is definitely the biggest, IMO.

I went with Freddy D and Scott County because they are in the same class, are clearly 2 of the top 3, and will clarify a great deal about where we are.

The most meaningful is Scott Co/Fredrick Douglass; a power struggle for who's going to be the team of the area.

All eyes may be on Lexington as Scott County travels to Frederick Douglass in a massive Central Kentucky match-up.

This is a hard game to read. So many of the most impactful players from last year's games have moved on. And neither team has played a very challenging schedule so far, but Scott County did hang 48 points and 350 yards rushing on an otherwise great Manual defense.

FD has the superior D1 talent on its side, but Scott County is just so consistent, steady, and disciplined with what they do. I don't see a blowout happening. If I'm pressed to pick a winner, I'll take the Cardinals by seven points or less.

Fortunately for anyone not in Lexington on Friday night, PrepSpin is scheduled to stream the game.

Yes they are planning to. They do have a common opponent Lafayette both games were at Lafayette. Scott County won 28-19 and one score for the Cardinals was a pick 6. Douglass defeated Lafayette 40-0. One thing different about Douglass this year compared to the past two years is the Broncos defense. I think their defense is the best it’s been. The past two years they were more of a offensive team. I’m looking forward to it should be a fun one to watch.

Why mention that one of Scott Co TDs vs Lafayette this year was a pick 6 but not mention that 2 of Douglass TDs vs Lafayette this year were punt returns?

Or the fact that Douglass started 2 of their possessions on the Lafayette 20 and Lafayette 27 due to INT's?

That's all true but no matter what Scott only scored 28 and gave up 19 and Douglass scored 40 and gave up 0. That's impressive that you know where Douglass started their drives from.:thumb:

Last year was a split with Scott County winning the playoff by 1. Others on here have more direct knowledge but I see that Scott County ALWAYS has a ton of yards against Frederick Douglass.

Looking at the scoreboard this year - eye test says FD to me.

I’ll take FD 28-27 (reversal of last years playoff score). It will end in dramatic fashion.