Highlands 5 Walton Verona 4 (8 innings)

Good game for both teams. Walton came from behind to take a 4-2 lead into the bottom of the 7th, but the Birds' bats got hot and they pecked away at the Bearcat reliever to tie the game. Obviously, both teams have some things to work on, but they showed a lot of promise. Btw, loved the announcer, the "concession stand," and the big crowd. Excellent day for a ballgame. Well, other than the hurricane force winds now and then -- one of which, took off with my hat. :cool:

If the Cottrell kid pitched for Walton he is the real deal.
That was who pitched. I wanted to say, but wasn't sure of his name. Not only a good pitcher, but one heck of a hitter. Can't remember the last time I saw a kid get intentionally walked in a high school game.

I think both catchers did a really nice job behind the plate. Several pick-offs from both teams. I guess that's good and bad.
Some of the guys do need a little work on base running technique. But that's what the rest of the season is for. :cool:

BTW, how about that play at third in the JV "micro-game?" I still say he was out. slap.gif

Edited by Birdsfan