Mason Co. 40 East Carter 0

LRCW

Mason County defense was ferocious, giving the offense a short field several times. Seemed like every Mason County drive started in Raider territory. Scored TDs on 5 straight possessions in the first half. 20-0 after 1 quarter, 33-0 at the half and scored on the first possession of the second half to eliminate any doubt. Reserves saw a lot of second half action (Stork - I guess there are differing philosophies on who should get those valuable reps:sssh: ).

Mason was just too big, too fast, and most important, too tough tonight. The 40-0 win came with starting tailback Thompson out the entire second half with a little shoulder ding; Pollitt took up the slack with 4 TDs and 100+ rushing yards. I think QB Cox only had to throw 3 or 4 times; but looked sharp even so.

Lots of positives for the Royals tonight. Came out and simply out-muscled and out-hit the Raiders. Shut down the playmaker - 15 0r 16 yards for Carroll on a handful of carries. I really don't think EC knew what hit them. DL and OL dominated. Tolle and Huron at LB had huge games. Kickoff coverage was excellent.

Big district win on the road!

Mason County defense was ferocious, giving the offense a short field several times. Seemed like every Mason County drive started in Raider territory. Scored TDs on 5 straight possessions in the first half. 20-0 after 1 quarter, 33-0 at the half and scored on the first possession of the second half to eliminate any doubt. Reserves saw a lot of second half action (Stork - I guess there are differing philosophies on who should get those valuable reps:sssh: ).

Mason was just too big, too fast, and most important, too tough tonight. The 40-0 win came with starting tailback Thompson out the entire second half with a little shoulder ding; Pollitt took up the slack with 4 TDs and 100+ rushing yards. I think QB Cox only had to throw 3 or 4 times; but looked sharp even so.

Lots of positives for the Royals tonight. Came out and simply out-muscled and out-hit the Raiders. Shut down the playmaker - 15 0r 16 yards for Carroll on a handful of carries. I really don't think EC knew what hit them. DL and OL dominated. Tolle and Huron at LB had huge games. Kickoff coverage was excellent.

Big district win on the road!

If you stop Carroll you stop East.

Big KUDOS to our offensive line. I watched film and just about every play there is a surge up front for Mason. I thought our LBer play tonight was exceptional - scraping to the ball, putting licks on people causing turnovers. Our defense was smothering and there were a lot of big hits. Pollitts tackle of #28 was a slobberknocker!!!!!!!(kind of reminded of "The Assassin") The thing I am most excited about is that we came out better in the second half. Mason must continue to play both halves from here out!!!!!!! I liked the fact that our second teamers came out the second half and played with as much heart and intensity as our first teamers. Again MASON is a TEAM and played TOGETHER, no one individual is more important than the others. And yes McPapa, I told you there are 2 kinds of coaches AND hats off to OUR coach and his staff.:thumb: