Redsfest...

gamer31

Had a chance to go over to Redsfest tonight with the wife and little one. The Reds do a great job putting this on and really give back to the community with lots of fan interaction with players both past and present. The kids only press conference was good as well. the only thing that I saw that I would have to change was the autograph lines and the autograph seekers. Seems like there are roughly 4 different lines that they rotate players through to get either pictures or autographs. The lines are SO long that it would be tough to entertain a young one to get to the front of the line. The other issue is the people that are seeking the signatures for profitable gain as opposed to personal interest. The amount of 40-50 year old men that litterally have a suitcase filled with bats, balls, 8x10's and other memorabilia is CRAZY!! the only thought I had was maybe if there was a way to have the item personalized by the players ie. "To Matt, Best Wishes Herm Winningham" I think this would let the people that are there for the love of the game and the love of the Reds enjoy the experience more. Overall it is a class act from top to bottom!

• 4 years later...
Anyone going today or this weekend? I'm taking my little cousin for the "VIP" event tonight for season ticket holders.

My wife and kids are making a return trip this weekend, but unfortunately I'll be working all weekend.