Boone County 84 Ryle 82 OT

poon

Last night game between Boone and Ryle was everything high basketball is suppose to be. The players played their hearts out, the students from both schools in the crowd were great and the coaching staff of both team conduct themselves well even though as always I'm sure the felt some calls were missed by the refs. It was a great environment to be in.

Last night game between Boone and Ryle was everything high basketball is suppose to be. The players played their hearts out, the students from both schools in the crowd were great and the coaching staff of both team conduct themselves well even though as always I'm sure the felt some calls were missed by the refs. It was a great environment to be in.

As an objective observer, I was disappointed in the lack of a crowd for a district game. The lower stands were maybe 3/4's full (I'm being very generous.) Where are the fans in Boone? Did Kroger have a 10 for 10 sale last night only between 7:30 and 9:30PM??

?

As an objective observer, I was disappointed in the lack of a crowd for a district game. The lower stands were maybe 3/4's full (I'm being very generous.) Where are the fans in Boone? Did Kroger have a 10 for 10 sale last night only between 7:30 and 9:30PM??[/QUOTE]

As an objective observer, I was disappointed in the lack of a crowd for a district game. The lower stands were maybe 3/4's full (I'm being very generous.) Where are the fans in Boone? Did Kroger have a 10 for 10 sale last night only between 7:30 and 9:30PM??

To be fair to Boone and Ryle it's not an isolated problem. Very few schools get proper support for basketball these days.

When I heard Ryle put up 82 I figured I'd see Tate with 20+. Did he just have an off-night or was someone else hot?

No more like a wide receiver. He played cornerback I believe on Ryle football team. 6'4" with nice athletic build. dark hair. He sat out of bball the past 2 years focusing on football, but decided to return for his Senior year. Great kid.

Gotcha. I saw the JV team the last few years and couldn't picture him. Nice pickup for the Raiders.

To be fair to Boone and Ryle it's not an isolated problem. Very few schools get proper support for basketball these days.

This was a district contest. I don't disagree with you overall statement, but I'd expect a larger turnout for a district game. In retrospect, I've never seen Ryle's gym "packed".

I was told Mullins struggled a little and also got in foul trouble.

3 fouls in the first half and he never really got into the rhythm of the game.

The score was something like 54 -53 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Look at the points both teams put up in the final minutes of regulation and overtime. HUGE!

This was a district contest. I don't disagree with you overall statement, but I'd expect a larger turnout for a district game. In retrospect, I've never seen Ryle's gym "packed".

I've quit being shocked at apathetic crowds in NKY. It's a shame.

Great game to watch if you did or didn't have any interest in it.

Ryle played a hard fought game and defended their home court well. Got down early in the game but battled back and even took the lead a few times. Mullins foul trouble did indeed keep him down as far as his points are concerned but Ryle seem to play as a team and didnt seem to always want to rely on Mullins for points. I am not sure of these kids names but #13 for Ryle had a nice game and with his size he had his way on the boards. Also, #22 had a good night shooting from behind the arch and even got the game winning shot off at the end of OT but just missed.

Boone's team was a little more interesting to me though. If any of you recall last years team was full of heigth and size. This years team is focused more on the dribble drive and just running their opponent into the ground. I was really impressed with the two guards for Boone they seemed to both keep their cool and control the team even when they lost the lead. Downs stepped up and hit an amazing shot at the end to tie the game before OT. I dont think Ryle was quite ready for that style of play either. Seemed like Ryle was sucking wind mid way through the 2nd qtr. but Coach Mullins must have had a nice halftime speech cause they came out of the locker room ready! Boone is a lot quicker and seem to be more aggressive this year. McQuery seemed to have added more of an aggressive style of attcking the basket to his game which he needed.

I didnt watch much of Ryle last year so I am not sure what they had added or lost but this was def a must see game. I know I hope to make it to the Jan 3rd rematch at Boone. Hope the teams in the 9th region are watching because Ryle and Boone seem to be def contenders to go to state.

No more like a wide receiver. He played cornerback I believe on Ryle football team. 6'4" with nice athletic build. dark hair. He sat out of bball the past 2 years focusing on football, but decided to return for his Senior year. Great kid.

I had not heard that Ryan had decided to play this year. I'm very glad to hear this as he is a very good player and a great kid! He will definitely be an asset for Ryle this year.