Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

If UNC is the biggest competition for UK getting Wiggins then why is it all we've heard for the past year is it's Florida State?

 

UNC just got in.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if I have learned anything over the past 36 months it is to never bet against Cal in a recruiting war.

If UNC is the biggest competition for UK getting Wiggins then why is it all we've heard for the past year is it's Florida State? I've been reading some reader's comments on ESPN and more than a few of the comments have him a heavy lean to Florida State with UK as a 2nd option. UNC is not mentioned very much. Maybe something has changed in the last month to sway him toward UNC, I don't know. But I have a hard time seeing them getting in on the tail end of the recruiting battle and suddenly becoming a huge factor. I will say, though, it is a little worrisome for UK that he decided to skip Big Blue Madness. Many of the commenters seem to think he likes to be the star of the show and at UK there's too many other stars to share the limelight with.

 

I think he is a kid who care less about who is recruiting him, he will go where he wants to go... not to the school who sells themselves the best. He will be the # 1 draftpick in 2014 regardless of where he goes to college. I have heard he and the Harrison Twins don't get along real well... I don't see him at UK.

I can just about promise you that Florida State is the toughest competition. As Wiggins will be making his decision in the spring, he's going to take his officials, and that's it. That's extremely hard for a team JUST NOW getting involved in his recruitment to gain ground. In the end, Wiggins will go where he feels comfortable at, and gives him a chance to succeed. IMO, he feels much more comfortable at UK and FSU than Kansas, OSU, or UNC by a mile. Roy Williams would have to make a ridiculous pitch to get Wiggins, and I don't see it happening. And again, about being comfortable, that's why I know, XRM WILL have some impact on his decision. Again, if he goes to UK, it's about getting to the NBA, short quick and easy, and his relationship with the coaching staff. If he goes to FSU, it's because his parents favor it, XRM is headed there, and they have recruited him since 8th grade. Period. Again, this is why I love John Calipari. Due to Wiggins being a potential superstar, Calipari has been treating him like a 2013 recruit, when he was a 2014 recruit. Other schools, not so much. I would venture to say that Wiggins was Cal's #1 priority, even ahead of the Twins. He's just had the full-court press on him for a LONG time.

I think he is a kid who care less about who is recruiting him, he will go where he wants to go... not to the school who sells themselves the best. He will be the # 1 draftpick in 2014 regardless of where he goes to college. I have heard he and the Harrison Twins don't get along real well... I don't see him at UK.

 

A problem with the Twins was what Julius Randle was rumored to have, not Andrew Wiggins. And Julius Randle has already said this is not the case about 20 times.

It's getting easier to see why Cal has openly been talking about his desire to go 40-0 before he retires...could happen next year if everyone falls into place.

 

If that happens does Cal then retire?:cry:

If that happens does Cal then retire?:cry:

 

He might, but I think he gets genuine joy out of helping people (e.g. his players and their familes). That's been a big thing he's been discussing lately. That might keep him around a little longer.

If UNC is the biggest competition for UK getting Wiggins then why is it all we've heard for the past year is it's Florida State? I've been reading some reader's comments on ESPN and more than a few of the comments have him a heavy lean to Florida State with UK as a 2nd option. UNC is not mentioned very much. Maybe something has changed in the last month to sway him toward UNC, I don't know. But I have a hard time seeing them getting in on the tail end of the recruiting battle and suddenly becoming a huge factor. I will say, though, it is a little worrisome for UK that he decided to skip Big Blue Madness. Many of the commenters seem to think he likes to be the star of the show and at UK there's too many other stars to share the limelight with.
UNC has always been on his list. Some outlets went with something else. While I hope he ends up at UK, and hopefully Cal can pull that one out of his hat, I would guess he will be a Tarheel. Just from what I've heard him say and from what their asst. says.
If that happens does Cal then retire?:cry:

 

I doubt he retires at that point. I'd say he jumps to the NBA if anything.

UNC has always been on his list. Some outlets went with something else. While I hope he ends up at UK, and hopefully Cal can pull that one out of his hat, I would guess he will be a Tarheel. Just from what I've heard him say and from what their asst. says.

 

Yuck, ugliest shade of blue in the game.

Edited by sportsfan41

Yuck, ugliest shade of blue in the game.
Amen.

Troy Williams has committed to IU.

  • Author
Troy Williams has committed to IU.

 

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Given I didn't really have a good feel for which way he was leaning, still surprises me I guess.

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Given I didn't really have a good feel for which way he was leaning, still surprises me I guess.

 

IU took the commanding lead on his official visit. Was only a matter of time...

  • Author
IU took the commanding lead on his official visit. Was only a matter of time...

 

Who was even in the final group? Louisville? Bama?

 

I like Troy Williams a lot but didn't really keep up with him much once he was pretty much off Kentucky's radar. After opening it up and adding all the other schools I just assumed he may wait until spring. I think IU will be a good fit, he will be a good replacement for Watford.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.