Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

Looks like the five Cats have sent in their LOI's as of today according to Coach Cal on Twitter:

 

The Twins, Lee, Young and Willis.

 

 

Just want one more. Would love for Wiggins to be one of them but I could see him heading to UNC. Could honestly see Wiggins to UNC, Gordon to Zona and Randle to Florida but I'm hoping that's not how it plays out.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just want one more. Would love for Wiggins to be one of them but I could see him heading to UNC. Could honestly see Wiggins to UNC, Gordon to Zona and Randle to Florida but I'm hoping that's not how it plays out.
Me either!
Just want one more. Would love for Wiggins to be one of them but I could see him heading to UNC. Could honestly see Wiggins to UNC, Gordon to Zona and Randle to Florida but I'm hoping that's not how it plays out.

 

Me either!

 

Let me rephrase that I want AT LEAST one more. That would make me feel pretty comfortable with how things could shape up. This season will be interesting in how every thing plays out. Who stays could play a big part in who else signs and at this point in time it looks like we could have a couple guys come back that maybe weren't planning to but it's still way too early to really quess at any of that.

Aaron Gordon has narrowed his choices to UK, Arizona, and Washington.

Aaron Gordon has narrowed his choices to UK, Arizona, and Washington.

 

I've always felt he'd stay out west, but I'd LOVE to have this kid. So explosive.

Aaron Gordon has narrowed his choices to UK, Arizona, and Washington.

 

Thanks for the info.

  • Author

Cal stated yesterday that he planned on adding one or two more players to the class. Since he couldn't comment on the recruits until after they signed he described each of the signed guys in a brief summary then stated he wanted to add one or two more. If he's still looking to add one or two more and theres only Wig, Randle, Gordon, and to some small extent Dakari Johnson left on the radar, then it would have to be one of those guys. If he didn't feel strong about one or two of them I don't think he says he wants to add one or two more. He could very well miss out on all of them but I have to think he gets at least one and with the class already in place, one is all it will take to make this team filthy.

Cal stated yesterday that he planned on adding one or two more players to the class. Since he couldn't comment on the recruits until after they signed he described each of the signed guys in a brief summary then stated he wanted to add one or two more. If he's still looking to add one or two more and theres only Wig, Randle, Gordon, and to some small extent Dakari Johnson left on the radar, then it would have to be one of those guys. If he didn't feel strong about one or two of them I don't think he says he wants to add one or two more. He could very well miss out on all of them but I have to think he gets at least one and with the class already in place, one is all it will take to make this team filthy.

 

Now maybe Towns, wow! That would be disgusting.

  • Author
Now maybe Towns, wow! That would be disgusting.

 

I could see him getting to 2014' but couldn't see him getting to 2013'.

 

 

Still though, you get Towns, Cliff Alexander and/or Trey Lyles, and Jones/Mudiay and you have a sick class in 2014 as well.

Aaron Gordon has narrowed his choices to UK, Arizona, and Washington.

 

I've always felt he'd stay out west, but I'd LOVE to have this kid. So explosive.

 

I don't see Cal losing a guy to Washington(see Terrence Jones). I think Gordon ends up a Wildcat just not sure if he does it in Kentucky or Arizona.

I don't see Cal losing a guy to Washington(see Terrence Jones). I think Gordon ends up a Wildcat just not sure if he does it in Kentucky or Arizona.

 

I would agree with your thinking.

I don't see Cal losing a guy to Washington(see Terrence Jones). I think Gordon ends up a Wildcat just not sure if he does it in Kentucky or Arizona.

 

Perhaps. I hope he does indeed end up being a (Kentucky) Wildcat. :thumb:

Some interesting things I found this morning:

 

Who’s next in 2013?

 

Now that all five of the early commitments for 2013 are officially signed, UK’s full attention can turn to those who remain uncommitted.

Andrew Wiggins, Julius Randle, Aaron Gordon and Dakari Johnson are all top-15 prospects, and all four have UK high on their list.

24/7 Sports analyst Jerry Meyer touched briefly on each of those players in an interview with the Herald-Leader on Thursday.

On Gordon, who narrowed his list to Washington, Arizona and UK on Thursday night: “I think you gotta beat Washington, so you’re playing catch up with Aaron Gordon.”

On Randle: “With Randle, it looks like it might be flipping a little with him,” referring to the recent buzz that Florida and Texas have overtaken UK as favorites.

On Wiggins: “With Wiggins, there’s some bounce now with him saying he wants other schools to recruit him. But I still think Kentucky’s the team to beat. To me, he’s the most likely one,” to commit to Kentucky.

On Johnson: “With Dakari Johnson, Syracuse is strong. And Florida. But I think Kentucky’s in that top three, so they might be able to land him as well.”

 

 

 

Lee’s in good company

 

UK signee Marcus Lee is obviously dominant on the basketball court, as his five-star ranking attests. But it’s not his only sport.

 

 

Lee is also a standout on the boys’ volleyball team at Deer Valley High School in Antioch, Calif. The squad advanced all the way to the state semifinals last season, and the 6-foot-9 Lee is expected to return to the team after the basketball season is over for another run at the state title.

LeChet Phillips, the basketball coach at Deer Valley, also officiates volleyball games and said his school encourages its athletes to play multiple sports.

For Lee, volleyball provided the perfect fit.

“It’s one of those sports that helps kids work on their timing and footwork and it’s especially complementary to basketball,” Phillips said.

Lee isn’t the first basketball player to extend his skills to the volleyball court.

Phillips pointed out the NBA greats Wilt Chamberlain and Vince Carter were also volleyball standouts at one time.

Chamberlain, one of the most dominant centers in basketball history, was actually president of the short-lived International Volleyball Association. He was also a team owner and was named MVP of the league’s all-star game in 1977.

Here’s some video footage of the Big Dipper on the volleyball court.

 

Notebook: Young excited to be a part of UK ‘family’ » UK basketball recruiting news

I don't see Cal losing a guy to Washington(see Terrence Jones). I think Gordon ends up a Wildcat just not sure if he does it in Kentucky or Arizona.

 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gordon end up at UK, but your line of thinking with Washington is incorrect. Gordon's dad and Romar grew up in the same neighborhood and are good friends and Gordon has a strong relationship with Romar. Gordon said the other day himself that the order would probably be Washington, Arizona, then UK but all three were in strong position.

2000 rolled out today for Wiggins at Scott County. Autograph line was over 30 minutes long.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.