Brentwood Academy

Since a few of your schools have played Brentwood Academy this season, I thought you all might be interested in receiving updates on the Eagles throughout the season. Since I'm a BA alum, I'll update you on their progress as they play one of the toughest schedules in school history.

They have enjoyed their trips to Kentucky the past three weekends and will undoubtedly benefit from the tough games South Laurel, Lexington Catholic, and Scott County gave them. I'll be interested in following these three schools this season, and I hope they'll benefit from playing BA.

Next on the Eagles' agenda: The City of Palms Tournament in Fort Myers, Florida

Brentwood Academy is the #5 seed in the tournament, which includes powerhouses from across the nation, such as St. Patrick (NJ), Lincoln (NY), and Dominguez (CA).

The Eagles will open with Florida's Lake Wales High School, who made it to the 4A state semifinals last season.

Let me know if you want any information about Tennessee high school basketball. I look forward to learning about Kentucky's teams.

Unfortunately, I was not. I'm a student at The University of Tennessee, so I'm unable to go to many BA games. I haven't seen the Eagles play this year, but I'm looking forward to catching some games over Christmas break.

Vandy Coach Kevin Stallings' son plays for BA. I think he's a sophomore this year, but I could be wrong.

I see, well try and enjoy your sentence in Knoxville. :)

UT fans were about as restless as prisoners during football season. ;)

I've always been a diehard Vol fan and I love going to school here, so this season was tough for me. For once the folks in Knoxville are behaving like Kentucky fans -- we're glad it's basketball season. :thumb:

Since a few of your schools have played Brentwood Academy this season, I thought you all might be interested in receiving updates on the Eagles throughout the season. Since I'm a BA alum, I'll update you on their progress as they play one of the toughest schedules in school history.

They have enjoyed their trips to Kentucky the past three weekends and will undoubtedly benefit from the tough games South Laurel, Lexington Catholic, and Scott County gave them. I'll be interested in following these three schools this season, and I hope they'll benefit from playing BA.

Next on the Eagles' agenda: The City of Palms Tournament in Fort Myers, Florida

Brentwood Academy is the #5 seed in the tournament, which includes powerhouses from across the nation, such as St. Patrick (NJ), Lincoln (NY), and Dominguez (CA).

The Eagles will open with Florida's Lake Wales High School, who made it to the 4A state semifinals last season.

Let me know if you want any information about Tennessee high school basketball. I look forward to learning about Kentucky's teams.

Do you know anything about Seigel HS in Tn.? They are coming to my tournament in Florida and are supposed to be very good. Brentwood is blessed to have outstanding players and an outstanding coach in George Pitts. Brentwood had a great coach many years ago named Ricky Bowers, any idea where he is now???

Do you know anything about Seigel HS in Tn.? They are coming to my tournament in Florida and are supposed to be very good. Brentwood is blessed to have outstanding players and an outstanding coach in George Pitts. Brentwood had a great coach many years ago named Ricky Bowers, any idea where he is now???

Seigel is currently 7-0, but they haven't played anybody and have won a few close games over teams they should've beaten handily. On Tennessee's premier high school website, CoachT.com (which I strongly recommend), many Seigel fans have argued that their team should be nationally ranked. They sound like a fantastic team; however, they haven't proven themselves against great competition yet. Last year they went to Tennessee's AAA (highest level) state semis, where they lost to eventual champion Ridgeway.

Here's a link to Seigel's 2005-6 schedule:

CoachT.com Schedule -- Seigel Stars

Ricky Bowers was an assistant football coach at Brentwood Academy, but he later moved to BA's fiercest rival, Montgomery Bell Academy, where he won several state championships as head football coach. He's currently the athletic director at Ensworth, a brand new, exquisitely funded prep school 10 minutes from both BA and MBA.

Brentwood Academy beat Florida's 10th-ranked team, Lake Wales, tonight by a score of 72-49 in the first round of the City of Palms Classic.

Brandan Wright had a very impressive evening. Here's his box score:

28 points

12-13 FG

1-1 3P FG

10 rebounds

10 blocks

Yet another triple-double for Wright, who would have scored more points if not for a cold night at the line -- he shot 3-11 at the charity stripe.

BA will likely play Lincoln High School (NY) tomorrow.

Brentwood Academy beat Florida's 10th-ranked team, Lake Wales, tonight by a score of 72-49 in the first round of the City of Palms Classic.

28 points

12-13 FG

1-1 3P FG

10 rebounds

10 blocks

Yet another triple-double for Wright, who would have scored more points if not for a cold night at the line -- he shot 3-11 at the charity stripe.

BA will likely play Lincoln High School (NY) tomorrow.

Very impressive line indeed :thumb:

28 points

12-13 FG

1-1 3P FG

10 rebounds

10 blocks

North Carolina landed them another good one which should fit in good with Hansborough, Green and the rest of the squad for next year.