Will Fidler to Graduate Early

woodsrider

Fidler is planning on graduating this month and enrolling at UK for the spring semester. He wants to get a head start on his degree and also go through spring practice.

Link

I believe you have to be a member to read it, why dont you post a small part of the article.

Can he do this? I guess things have changed since I was in High School.

Quite a few kids graduate early. I don't think it's unheard of. Good for him. Should help him to get a leg up if he's there for spring practice. Not sure what the rules are about spring practice though, is he eligible?

A lot of kids do this each year. Curtis Pulley was rumored last year to do it but chose to stay and play basketball. Eric Zeir (Georgia) is one of the first ones that I remember doing it. You get a headstart of college life and a inside track on the system your going into.

I believe you have to be a member to read it, why dont you post a small part of the article.

All you have to do is register but here is a little bit of it.

Quarterback Will Fidler hopes to get a head start on college classes and college football as he plans to graduate from Henderson County High School later this month and enroll in the University of Kentucky for the spring semester.

Fidler, who has committed to play football for the Wildcats, will need one-half credit of English to graduate at the Christmas break. In order to meet the graduation requirements, he is in the process of completing a correspondence course in the subject. His early graduation would then require the approval of the Henderson County school board.

Fidler said he plans to take 12 hours of classes in the spring semester at UK and then attend both sessions of summer school. "That will give me a huge head start on my academics and help me to graduate on time," he said.

The backup QB for USC, Booty graduated a whole year early. He had to have one more English credit, so in June going into his senior year he took an English class, and then went to USC for summer practice. He was said to be the best overall player in his class (ahead of Adrian Petterson and Brian Brohm). I guess we'll see next year.

Booty's situation was unprecidented in that he did not play his senior year of high school. Will Fidler enrolling second semester at UK is not unusual in this day. There are a number of quarterbacks who have gone this route. I saw where another poster mentioned Eric Zeier. I think he was the first. Eric Ainge at Tennessee was an early enroller. I feel like Fidler will gain a significant advantage over Hartline who appears to be coming to school in August.

Good article on Michael Hartline, another qb recruit from Ohio.

Hartline selects Kentucky

“The main things I liked about Kentucky is the quarterback coach, and it all seems like down home there,” Hartline said. “I bonded with the players, and they said I was their No. 1 quarterback in this class. That was important to me.”

The backup QB for USC, Booty graduated a whole year early. He had to have one more English credit, so in June going into his senior year he took an English class, and then went to USC for summer practice. He was said to be the best overall player in his class (ahead of Adrian Petterson and Brian Brohm). I guess we'll see next year.

Scouts had Booty as the number one QB in the 2003 class. They had him ahead of Chris Leak and Kyle Wright. The next year they had Brohm ranked only sixth.

Couch graduated with his class ... he played basketball for Leslie County as a senior.

You're correct. What I saw Couch do at UK was participate in pass skelly (7 on 7) with current UK players, after spring practice had concluded. If I remember, it was in the early part of may. I don't know if it was agianst NCAA rules to do that before a player graduates high school, but it did happen before the school year was over.